2025 5* QB Deuce Knight (Notre Dame)

toddc

2 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

"The latest circling around this situation is that Knight was not ready to make a decision this week. There was still high interest on his side, but he didn’t want to make a final decision now. Knight wanted to push that timeline back, and continue to evaluate his options with an August 30th date thrown out there. 

So this is somewhat accurate?

@TAYLORKEETON not sure from DK‘s side, but there was a timeline agreed to from the beginning on both sides and it was always the end of the month. Also, where did that come from?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ken woolley said:

It would say that we are no longer in 1992. 

So just tell Bo Freaking Jackson to stick it?

I would tell the recruits that want those retired numbers that if you want it, get on the field and retire your own jersey.

Edited by Viper
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, ken woolley said:

I would. They are just numbers. 

I don't think you make that decision unilaterally.  You had a big ceremony announcing his number was retired.  If you're going back on that, you need to consult him first.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Just let it play out, man.

Cant Do It GIFs | Tenor

CHicken Little - The sky is falling - Imgflip

• Haha 3

If it takes a specific number to get a kid to come play at Auburn then maybe that player doesn’t really want Auburn as much as to have his way. Not directed at Knight anymore than anyone else. The do feel that the retired numbers should stay retired. 

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, gr82be said:

If it takes a specific number to get a kid to come play at Auburn then maybe that player doesn’t really want Auburn as much as to have his way. Not directed at Knight anymore than anyone else. The do feel that the retired numbers should stay retired. 

Also shows a pretty desperate attitude by the program imo. Cam will obviously say something publicly if it were to happen, but even if he didn’t, the media would definitely give us some flack for giving the number of a top 5 college QB ever to some random kid that isn’t even day 1 starter quality. 

4 hours ago, Viper said:

Would you both say the same about Bo’s, Pat’s and Terry’s retired numbers as well?

It’s not retired is it? Thats the premise I was working off of. If it’s retired, I support staying retired.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

It’s not retired is it? Thats the premise I was working off of. If it’s retired, I support staying retired.

Not officially, but the only reason I can figure why Cam’s jersey has not been retired is because he hasn’t officially retired from football. But no one has worn it since…through three coaching changes. You think that’s a coincidence? 

No one wore #34 from 1986 - mid 1992 with no official word or announcement. Should Pat Dye have just ripped that honor away from Bo before he was given the honor? And let Sullivan & Beasley be the only ones with the distinct honor?

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

@TAYLORKEETON not sure from DK‘s side, but there was a timeline agreed to from the beginning on both sides and it was always the end of the month. Also, where did that come from?

here: https://flywareagle.com/posts/auburn-football-recruiting-rumors-massive-break-deuce-knight-pursuit

3 hours ago, Viper said:

Type the “@“ symbol, then immediately start typing someone’s username (no spaces).

@ViperThanks

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

What just happened here? 

Who knows....it seems like someone assuming that getting the number 2 was the sticking point for Deuce not committing yet even though there was no confirmation of that rumor. And now we've spent days debating something that likely isn't a part of his decision process....but what else are message boards for, lol!

I think we're experiencing group "commit withdrawal"!

Edited by HAPvsOA
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, HAPvsOA said:

Who knows....it seems like someone assuming that getting the number 2 was the sticking point for Deuce not committing yet even though there was no confirmation of that rumor. And now we've spent days debating something that likely isn't a part of his decision process....but what else are message boards for, lol!

I think we're experiencing group "commit withdrawal"!

gMG1wI.gif

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, DAG said:

What just happened here? 

Some rabbit trail about retired jersey numbers.

• Like 3

From 247 Recruiting Analyst Tom Loy on DK FWIW...

Auburn is fine with how things are developing. Them being angry, frustrated, or considering moving on is simply not accurate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Viper said:

Not officially, but the only reason I can figure why Cam’s jersey has not been retired is because he hasn’t officially retired from football. But no one has worn it since…through three coaching changes. You think that’s a coincidence? 

No one wore #34 from 1986 - mid 1992 with no official word or announcement. Should Pat Dye have just ripped that honor away from Bo before he was given the honor? And let Sullivan & Beasley be the only ones with the distinct honor?

Good points for sure!!

• Like 1

On 8/13/2024 at 8:41 AM, NWALA Tiger said:

I've been off the board for 3 or 4 months.  Decided to come back on for the start of the season.  I thought this was a place one could share their views and OPINIONS. BTW , alot of others have posted things on this same subject and others that are "negative "   For some reason u want to call me out. If you don't like my opinion or as a mod my opinion isn't welcomed then ban me. Or you could just ignore what I post. I'm cool with either way. You will have a full time job if you partake to calling posters out when they post multiple " negative" posts as u call them. 

I think you have reasonable points and don't understand why you got hammered.

I don't know anything about Deuce, but I've followed recruiting for years. When a "sure thing" flip is drawn out, there is a reason for concern. 

30 minutes ago, cbo said:

I think you have reasonable points and don't understand why you got hammered.

I don't know anything about Deuce, but I've followed recruiting for years. When a "sure thing" flip is drawn out, there is a reason for concern. 

It's all good. 

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

Guess no news is good news? Shaky shaky

@tbone4jc Not shaky shaky. See my post from Tuesday FWIW.

On 8/13/2024 at 11:24 AM, ellitor said:

there was a timeline agreed to from the beginning on both sides and it was always the end of the month

Not expecting news for another 10 or so days FWIW.

• Like 5

On 8/18/2024 at 7:15 PM, ellitor said:

Not expecting news for another 10 or so days FWIW.

Well I was gladly wrong...

This was all planned. His whole immediate family will be there. Gonna be a weekend long celebration. Well played AU & DK.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Reminder on the potential DK has. Write ups from On3 from 2 camps this Summer

On3 MVP: Deuce Knight
Deuce Knight gets the nod in a very tight four man race for the On3 MVP after turning in a consistent three days of performances with the most legitimate ‘wow’ moments of any Elite 11 finalist. He showcased his physical upside and high-end arm talent on Day 1 and was the On3 MVP on Day 2 with the best pro day of the group. There were several eye-raising moments from his workout on Day 2 that were among the top highlights from the week. Knight backed that up with a good showing during Thursday’s 7-on-7 portion. His arm talent was among the best on hand and he was able to operate well within the structure of this camp setting. We were also impressed with Knight’s movement skills over the course of the week. The speed and depth of his drops were among the best on hand.

As we noted after Day 2, this is the best we’ve seen him look to this point. At 6-foot-4.5, 210 pounds with elite athleticism, his physical upside is as high as any quarterback in the cycle. Based on his improvement over the past several months and his performance at the Elite 11 Finals, Knight is ascending as a player as he enters his senior season at Lucedale (Miss.) George County.

On3 MVP: QB Deuce Knight
Deuce Knight was the clear top quarterback on hand at the OT7 Championship and carried his team on a surprise run all the way to the tournament’s title game. The 6-foot-4.5, 208-pounder made an array of impressive throws over the final two days of action and seemed to get better each day. Knight’s arm strength stood out. He pushed the ball vertically and threw with velocity to the boundary and into tight windows over the middle of the field. While he had two interceptions in the title game, his location and decision-making was among the best on hand over the course of the event. By the end of Sunday, he was consistently getting to his third or fourth read and delivered with general accuracy. We also got a few glimpses of his athleticism as he turned on the jets for some long gains when blitzed. While the event was not loaded with other top arms.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1