2025 5* QB Deuce Knight (Notre Dame)

toddc

On 8/11/2024 at 7:36 PM, aujohnson said:

I wonder if there would be a different sentiment about it if for instance Bo or Cam wanted to personally offer their number to an especially talented prospect to lure them and make the team better.

Cam or Bo would most likely have to be the HC to allow it. I recall Spurrier in 93 allowing Ben Hanks to wear his retired #11 because Hanks was a special talent. I don’t recall any Gator wearing it since.

Edited by Viper

Compromise. He gets the #2 but only when we wear our orange jerseys. 😂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/10/2024 at 9:26 AM, AUY2K said:

If DK comes to AU does he wear #2?

the number hasn’t been worn since Cam.  

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91v07ejn5e3p5zf1h03f

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ken woolley said:

I say give that number to someone else. 

I’m with ya!! Especially if it promotes someone we want to come!!

31 minutes ago, ken woolley said:

I say give that number to someone else. 

19 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Would you both say the same about Bo’s, Pat’s and Terry’s retired numbers as well?

25 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Couldn’t he wear “02”. It’s not Cam’s “2” but still two…🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

A lot of smoke last week and it's went quiet

@TAYLORKEETON That's because the rumor of a flip happening last week was a miscommunication. The timeline for a flip was always around the end of the month.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@TAYLORKEETON That's because the rumor of a flip happening last week was a miscommunication. The timeline for a flip was always around the end of the month.

"The latest circling around this situation is that Knight was not ready to make a decision this week. There was still high interest on his side, but he didn’t want to make a final decision now. Knight wanted to push that timeline back, and continue to evaluate his options with an August 30th date thrown out there. 

So this is somewhat accurate?

29 minutes ago, Viper said:

Would you both say the same about Bo’s, Pat’s and Terry’s retired numbers as well?

I would. They are just numbers. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ken woolley said:

I would. They are just numbers. 

Then what was the point of holding a ceremony on October 31st, 1992 honoring Bo and his family to retire his jersey? What would that say to him and our program if we unretired his jersey without his consent?

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Viper said:

Then what was the point of holding a ceremony on October 31st, 1992 honoring Bo and his family to retire his jersey? What would that say to him and our program if we unretired his jersey without his consent?

Agreed. I'm not big on retiring numbers in the 1st place. But once u don't it. You shouldn't go back and undo it. If Deuce is good enuf, he can choose another number,  make it famous and have it retired some day

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

I guess Deuce holds all the cards... But, not really a good look to keep another school flapping in the wind. I'm sure most on here wouldn't like it if we were in ND shoes. If he knows, he knows

6 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Agreed. I'm not big on retiring numbers in the 1st place. But once u don't it. You shouldn't go back and undo it. If Deuce is good enuf, he can choose another number,  make it famous and have it retired some day

Agreed. What was #30 before Steph Curry wore it? #35 before Durant wore it? #77 before Doncic wore it? I realize those are pro bball numbers, but the same applies to any sport. Make everyone remember your number, not follow in someone else’s footprints.

11 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I guess Deuce holds all the cards... But, not really a good look to keep another school flapping in the wind. I'm sure most on here wouldn't like it if we were in ND shoes. If he knows, he knows

It's not a good look because a kid wants to make a public decision on his own timeline rather than the fans of a school?  Why do you keep beating this worrywart drum?  We're in good shape.  We'd love him to announce as soon as possible for various reasons, and for personal reasons he'd like to do it later in the month.  Yes, there's a chance he sticks with ND and an even smaller chance he flips to Ole Miss.  But the odds by all accounts look extremely good for Auburn.  Just let it play out, man.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

E…since you just used the @, would someone please explain how to do that. An old man would appreciate the info.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

It's not a good look because a kid wants to make a public decision on his own timeline rather than the fans of a school?  Why do you keep beating this worrywart drum?  We're in good shape.  We'd love him to announce as soon as possible for various reasons, and for personal reasons he'd like to do it later in the month.  Yes, there's a chance he sticks with ND and an even smaller chance he flips to Ole Miss.  But the odds by all accounts look extremely good for Auburn.  Just let it play out, man.

Not beating  a worry wart nothing. I doesn't matter to me when or even if he flips. By all accounts he wasnt our 1st and maybe not 2nd choice.  He isn't a day 1 starter. IMO, he may not even beat Hank or Walker out. My point is, it's not a good look to keep ND twisting in the wind that's just my opinion.  But maybe they smart enuf to be looking. I bet u would be singing a different song if we were in ND shoes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, au701948 said:

E…since you just used the @, would someone please explain how to do that. An old man would appreciate the info.

Type the “@“ symbol, then immediately start typing someone’s username (no spaces).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Not beating  a worry wart nothing. I doesn't matter to me when or even if he flips. By all accounts he wasnt our 1st and maybe not 2nd choice.  He isn't a day 1 starter. IMO, he may not even beat Hank or Walker out. My point is, it's not a good look to keep ND twisting in the wind that's just my opinion.  But maybe they smart enuf to be looking. I bet u would be singing a different song if we were in ND shoes. 

From all accounts it sounds like ND is out. I mean at least that’s how I would take it if I was ND and someone has pledged to commit to my program but there is an open secret he is very open to another school.

If this situation were to happen to Auburn the go to plausible deniability is “others were higher on our board.”

With that being said, it is not enough for me to worry about. Even if he flips, we shouldn’t assume that all is good based on the ND situation. Thats almost how I perceive it with all of these blue chip recruits now. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

If I was on the verge of losing a top rated QB, of course I wouldn't be happy and I'd want to know sooner rather than later.  But that doesn't change anything I said.  But your comments on this thread lately have been almost universally negative and doubtful...

"But, not really a good look to keep another school flapping in the wind."

"Prob should have just paid Juju price and would be set for next 3 yrs"

"The longer this drags out less likely he flips IMO."

"So, now the thought is that it's not a done deal?"

"Alot of egg on cats face if it don't work out with DK."

"All 3 QBs have been on the "verge" of flipping to us. DK is the latest flavor of the moment. He is no more likely to flip to AU than Juju or KJ."

And all seemingly because of some rumors that he might pop sometime last week that weren't accurate.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

If I was on the verge of losing a top rated QB, of course I wouldn't be happy and I'd want to know sooner rather than later.  But that doesn't change anything I said.  But your comments on this thread lately have been almost universally negative and doubtful...

"But, not really a good look to keep another school flapping in the wind."

"Prob should have just paid Juju price and would be set for next 3 yrs"

"The longer this drags out less likely he flips IMO."

"So, now the thought is that it's not a done deal?"

"Alot of egg on cats face if it don't work out with DK."

"All 3 QBs have been on the "verge" of flipping to us. DK is the latest flavor of the moment. He is no more likely to flip to AU than Juju or KJ."

And all seemingly because of some rumors that he might pop sometime last week that weren't accurate.  

I've been off the board for 3 or 4 months.  Decided to come back on for the start of the season.  I thought this was a place one could share their views and OPINIONS. BTW , alot of others have posted things on this same subject and others that are "negative "   For some reason u want to call me out. If you don't like my opinion or as a mod my opinion isn't welcomed then ban me. Or you could just ignore what I post. I'm cool with either way. You will have a full time job if you partake to calling posters out when they post multiple " negative" posts as u call them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I've been off the board for 3 or 4 months.  Decided to come back on for the start of the season.  I thought this was a place one could share their views and OPINIONS.

You can.  It's also a place where your OPINIONS can be critiqued.  It's not just a post only board where we get to soapbox our thoughts with no pushback.

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

BTW , alot of others have posted things on this same subject and others that are "negative "   For some reason u want to call me out. If you don't like my opinion or as a mod my opinion isn't welcomed then ban me. Or you could just ignore what I post. I'm cool with either way. You will have a full time job if you partake to calling posters out when they post multiple " negative" posts as u call them. 

I've called out others before.  But I don't sit here, waiting with bated breath to make sure I catch every instance of negativity.  I just began to notice a pattern with you and pointed it out.  If you can't handle that, the public internet isn't for you.  Nothing you've said is worth of being banned, but neither is it immune from being commented on, so pull up your big boy pants and soldier on.

• Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Viper said:

It would say that we are no longer in 1992. 

• Dislike 1