2025 5* QB Deuce Knight Flips from ND To AU!!!

toddc

13 minutes ago, tinman1 said:

Both exceptionally gifted by the hand of God, not the hand or teaching of Gus.

Just about everyone who makes it to the NFL is touched by the hand of God.  You got 5 offensive linemen; one is a first round pick, and the others go undrafted. The coaching up worked on one but not the other 4. No need to wonder why and it's the same at most positions.  Coaching up is overrated. The knowledge you need to succeed is present at most schools. Find and recruit talent and you will see results.  It's that simple. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Just about everyone who makes it to the NFL is touched by the hand of God.  You got 5 offensive linemen; one is a first round pick, and the others go undrafted. The coaching up worked on one but not the other 4. No need to wonder why and it's the same at most positions.  Coaching up is overrated. The knowledge you need to succeed is present at most schools. Find and recruit talent and you will see results.  It's that simple. 

Absolutely agree with you.  But even to this day I am amazed by the exploits of Cam.  I remember sitting in the stands at Jordan Hare with my jaw almost on the floor seeing some of his plays.  How could a man that big be so agile?  I've been watching Auburn football since the 60's and have some some exceptional talent, but Cam was a step above the others.  Just wish we could have had him for 4 years instead of 1.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AUINSY said:

I’m not sure a QB under Gus’ watch ever progressed…

I would definitely say Nick did no doubt. Sean was better in 2016 than he was in 15, but the QB carousel and his injuries in the last month of the year didn’t give that improvement the spotlight it deserved. I can’t speak to the UCF guys, but it obviously hasn’t seemed great based on the record the last few seasons. 

I just know the thought process that he was working with a real crown jewel in KJ isn’t something I could personally agree with. That kid stunk as a passer and isn’t even good enough as a decision maker to run some bad version of the 2010 offense. 

2 hours ago, tinman1 said:

Absolutely agree with you.  But even to this day I am amazed by the exploits of Cam.  I remember sitting in the stands at Jordan Hare with my jaw almost on the floor seeing some of his plays.  How could a man that big be so agile?  I've been watching Auburn football since the 60's and have some some exceptional talent, but Cam was a step above the others.  Just wish we could have had him for 4 years instead of 1.

Yeah, some are touched by the hand of God, and then a lucky few are smacked 3 or 4 times. Cam was amazing.   Vince Young had some unbelievable moments and his two rose bowls are going to be hard to ever replicate. When I saw Cam for the first time I thought, well, this may be a pretty good imitation of Vince.  But as it turns out, he was better. Better passer, more physical, and just about as fast and elusive. As an aside, I also remember Vince's sophomore year and the Texas fans bitching about him nonstop after an awful loss to OU, and Mack Brown's inability to develop a quarterback.  Life of a coach....

Edited by Cardin Drake
  • Like 1