2025 5* QB Deuce Knight Flips from ND To AU!!!

toddc

22 minutes ago, ellitor said:

John Cena (I wonder if anyone will get this reference besides AUBwins & Viper), I mean Deuce was back in action Friday after dealing with a nagging ankle injury the past few weeks.

You can't see me 😎

• Love 1

On 10/13/2024 at 6:12 AM, Viper said:

Dude, that is an article from 2011 concerning his jersey battle in the NFL with Jimmy Clausen. Cam didn't give up the #2 jersey. Clausen had #2 and wanted an absurd $1M from Cam to buy it from him. Cam indeed called Clausen to work a deal for the #2 jersey, so he pursued it.

Has zero to do with allowing another Auburn player to wear #2. Did you even bother reading the article prior to posting it?

You are correct, my bad.

• Like 2

Can someone explain to me how DK isn’t just a southpaw Jeremy Johnson? I desperately want to believe that AU can hit on a HS QB that will produce at AU more than once in 25 years.

Edited by tigeraddikt
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

Can someone explain to me how DK isn’t just a southpaw Jeremy Johnson? I desperately want to believe that AU can hit on a HS QB that will produce at AU more than once in 25 years.

Ssshhh!! You’ll get castigated for asking this out loud.( I’m with you, bro. But don’t tell anyone)

Seems our QB evaluations have been pretty sh$$$y, no matter the coach at the time.

Edited by jluvah
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, jluvah said:

Ssshhh!! You’ll get castigated for asking this out loud.( I’m with you, bro. But don’t tell anyone)

Seems our QB evaluations have been pretty sh$$$y, no matter the coach at the time.

I'm not castigating anyone, but I'll try and help. Knight has offers from 10 SEC schools that I know of. Notre Dame, Miami, Oregon, Washington, TCU, Louisville, Tulsa, Indiana, and Va.Tech also offered. 

There were others but the point is, IF AU misses on him, so would all of those other schools. That being said, there are no guarantees in sports. Ask the Patriots, Panthers, Jaguars, etc.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

On3 listed him as their best QB at the Elite 11 

"Deuce Knight gets the nod in a very tight four man race for the On3 MVP after turning in a consistent three days of performances with the most legitimate ‘wow’ moments of any Elite 11 finalist. He showcased his physical upside and high-end arm talent on Day 1 and was the On3 MVP on Day 2 with the best pro day of the group. There were several eye-raising moments from his workout on Day 2 that were among the top highlights from the week. Knight backed that up with a good showing during Thursday’s 7-on-7 portion. His arm talent was among the best on hand and he was able to operate well within the structure of this camp setting. We were also impressed with Knight’s movement skills over the course of the week. The speed and depth of his drops were among the best on handAs we noted after Day 2, this is the best we’ve seen the Notre Dame pledge look to this point. At 6-foot-4.5, 210 pounds with elite athleticism, his physical upside is as high as any quarterback in the cycle. Based on his improvement over the past several months and his performance at the Elite 11 Finals, Knight is ascending as a player as he enters his senior season at Lucedale (Miss.) George County."

I say all this to say, I don't think you can "fake" or "get lucky" with this level of competition. IMO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

On3 listed him as their best QB at the Elite 11 

"Deuce Knight gets the nod in a very tight four man race for the On3 MVP after turning in a consistent three days of performances with the most legitimate ‘wow’ moments of any Elite 11 finalist. He showcased his physical upside and high-end arm talent on Day 1 and was the On3 MVP on Day 2 with the best pro day of the group. There were several eye-raising moments from his workout on Day 2 that were among the top highlights from the week. Knight backed that up with a good showing during Thursday’s 7-on-7 portion. His arm talent was among the best on hand and he was able to operate well within the structure of this camp setting. We were also impressed with Knight’s movement skills over the course of the week. The speed and depth of his drops were among the best on handAs we noted after Day 2, this is the best we’ve seen the Notre Dame pledge look to this point. At 6-foot-4.5, 210 pounds with elite athleticism, his physical upside is as high as any quarterback in the cycle. Based on his improvement over the past several months and his performance at the Elite 11 Finals, Knight is ascending as a player as he enters his senior season at Lucedale (Miss.) George County."

I say all this to say, I don't think you can "fake" or "get lucky" with this level of competition. IMO

That's why it's important to sign a highly rated one every yr in case 1 don't pan out

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyone comparing Deuce to JJ is crazy to me. JJ was an immobile statue that could not read a defense or the responsibility of being a starting QB. Deuce is a 6’4” mobile QB whe is dangerous as a scrambler or passer. A taller Bo Nix comes to mind when I see him

• Wow 1

16 hours ago, jluvah said:

Deuce Knight is ranked as a Top 5-6 QB in this class, its not just Auburn evaluating him.

But the reality is: playing QB in the SEC is damn hard. Deuce can very easily flop. Nico Iamaleava at Tennessee has been very very pedestrian the past ~3 games, to the point that there were UT fans calling for the backup to come in during this past week's game vs. Florida. There are no guarantees. Iamaleava was ranked #2 or 3 in his class.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

Anyone comparing Deuce to JJ is crazy to me. JJ was an immobile statue that could not read a defense or the responsibility of being a starting QB. Deuce is a 6’4” mobile QB whe is dangerous as a scrambler or passer. A taller Bo Nix comes to mind when I see him

I thought Jeremy Johnson was one of the better dual-threats out of that high school class and was perhaps Mr. Football in Alabama? 

1 hour ago, AUINSY said:

I thought Jeremy Johnson was one of the better dual-threats out of that high school class and was perhaps Mr. Football in Alabama? 

He was.  BUT, the mental part of the game was a struggle for him.  After having a bad game or two he began to press and his struggles only became worse.  And the boo birds didn't help him either.  It's like a baseball player going into a slump and he thinks too much and puts too much pressure on himself and his struggles only get worse.

1 hour ago, AUINSY said:

Johnson was never a true dual threat type athlete as best as I can remember. What I do remember, is that he had beautiful touch on the ball in mop up duty his freshman year. Then because of Nick Marshall’s suspension he started the next season in our first game vs ARKY and in one half threw three beautiful TDs. But like so many AU QBs of recent past, the longer he stayed the more he regressed. By his junior season he looked absolutely lost. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Johnson was never a true dual threat type athlete as best as I can remember. What I do remember, is that he had beautiful touch on the ball in mop up duty his freshman year. Then because of Nick Marshall’s suspension he started the next season in our first game vs ARKY and in one half threw three beautiful TDs. But like so many AU QBs of recent past, the longer he stayed the more he regressed. By his junior season he looked absolutely lost. 

Yeah not a dual threat at all. Plus deuce has a much higher ceiling than JJ. The problem is it is based on potential. He still looks quite a bit raw from the videos I’ve seen of him and I’ve lost confidence in this staff ability to coach prospects up..

• Like 1

I think the developer is just as important as the player. Jeremey Johnson got screwed being developed by Gus. I just learned that KJ Jefferson just got sat at UCF. That sucks for that guy. He had all the potential in the world and picked the wrong coach to get him there.