2025 5* QB Deuce Knight Flips from ND To AU!!!

toddc

On 10/4/2024 at 3:05 PM, AUY2K said:

Will DK wear #2?

Who cares? Let's get back to what matters in this thread. How excited we are about Deuce's potential future at AU & how he might help get other recruits.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

1. Not sure Cam would have a say in it. 2. Yes I can imagine it & it means nothing. We are seriously making a mountain out of a grain of sand.

Any update on Cunningham since DK committed?

6 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Any update on Cunningham since DK committed?

Per 1 credible source, he's locked in with Bama.

We have turned our attention to CJ Wiley.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Any thoughts on whether having a QB like DK could impact signing a strong OL like Babalola?  I'm sure it couldn't hurt haven't that kind of guy to block for.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Who cares? Let's get back to what matters in this thread. How excited we are about Deuce's potential future at AU & how he might help get other recruits.

hmmmm.....one looks more fun sure, but we're kinda better at the other one....

50 Best I'm So Excited Memes - SayingImages.com  ORHow To Make A Mountain Out Of A Molehill | Psychology Today

Edited by HAPvsOA

On 10/7/2024 at 12:04 PM, Viper said:

It shows talent disparity. We were never going to stay within 7 points of GA...nor bammer despite what just happened to them.

Vanderbilt stayed within 7 of Alabama and beat them. It's definitely more probable that possible when a team has low penalties and no turnovers. We just didn't capitalize. 

Edit: Deuce will be vital in creating the big plays needed to step out of the conservative game plan that was created for Georgia. 

Edited by AU Is Gold
To guide the thread back to Deuce.

On 10/8/2024 at 8:43 PM, ellitor said:

How about who gives a ISH? Numbers are just numbers & there are only so many to use. Deuce having #2 would in no way disrespect Cam nor tarnish his legacy in any way.

100% disagreed. Knight is a high school senior. He’s proven nothing.

If that barrier is crossed, then it opens the flood gates for #34, #7 and #88. Yes I realize #2 hasn’t been retired, but no one has been granted it in 14 years. Just a matter of time before it will be. 

• Like 2

On 10/8/2024 at 8:46 PM, ellitor said:

1. Not sure Cam would have a say in it. 2. Yes I can imagine it & it means nothing. We are seriously making a mountain out of a grain of sand.

If AU wants to completely sever all ties to Cam, bypass him. As vocal as Cam has become and his willingness to unload on anyone, he would absolutely trash AU.

23 minutes ago, Viper said:

If AU wants to completely sever all ties to Cam, bypass him. As vocal as Cam has become and his willingness to unload on anyone, he would absolutely trash AU.

Look, if this is what Auburn wants or needs to do, you don't single out Cam.  You change the retired number thing to one where you honor the player and his number in another way in the stadium and the football complex, and make all the retired numbers available to players again.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Viper said:

I thought I read that cam was OK with it!!

45 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Look, if this is what Auburn wants or needs to do, you don't single out Cam.  You change the retired number thing to one where you honor the player and his number in another way in the stadium and the football complex, and make all the retired numbers available to players again.

Cam’s number hasn’t been retired. Maybe this year???

44 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Agreed with this IF the #2 idea officially ever makes the light of day, which it won’t be. 

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

Cam’s number hasn’t been retired. Maybe this year???

Cam would have to officially announce he’s retired. That’s when Bo’s ceremony came about…he was forced to retire due to his hip injury. Cam hasn’t announced he’s retired. 

Just now, Hank2020 said:

I don’t have a link. Not important enough for me to search back over. Are you aware that he isn’t OK with it?

AU has never brought it to light. It’s been nothing but delusional fan talk, thus it’s a moot point.

Just now, Viper said:

Cam would have to officially announce he’s retired. That’s when Bo’s ceremony came about…he was forced to retire due to his hip injury. Cam hasn’t announced he’s retired. 

Gotcha, I guess that makes sense. Personally I would support a baseball type picture of the player in uniform, rather than retiring numbers, but if that is what ee have done in the past, he certainly should be held up S we have the others.

• Like 1

I believe a statue is more than enough recognition and respect. 

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Viper said:

Link?

https://www.al.com/sports/2011/05/cam_newton_on_keeping_no_2_its.html

Cam Newton is identified with his No. 2 jersey, but the first-round pick in the NFL draft by the Carolina Panthers doesn't seem to be too bothered about the prospect of giving it up.

The former Auburn quarterback said on the

On 9/27/2024 at 1:57 PM, NWALA Tiger said:

will just make 1 more post on KJ Jefferson.  Did a little research.. He was at Arky for 5 years. First 2 years he threw 31 and 41 passes total. Not alot of playing time.... Overall in his years at Arky he averaged 18 Tds passing, 4.5 picks/ year. 65% completion rate..In addition, he averaged around 600 yards rushing a year and  He averaged 4 TD rushing per year. I would take those numbers at AU this year...

Welp...Jefferson's available on Gus' bench if you wanna go get em for the last half of the season...

https://247sports.com/article/kj-jefferson-loses-ucf-starting-qb-job-against-cincinnati-freshman-ej-colson-steps-up-237835284/

Former Arkansas transfer quarterback KJ Jefferson will not start Saturday against Cincinnati. Instead, true freshman EJ Colson takes over for the Knights, the program announced. Jefferson struggled in the previous two games, which resulted in consecutive losses for previously undefeated UCF. Jefferson threw three combined interceptions while he completed just 56.1% of his passes.

Jefferson struggled in his UCF debut during the late August season opener, completing just 1 of his first 7 passes in a win over FCS New Hampshire. While he rebounded with an 80% completion rate in a victory against Sam Houston, it remains his only performance in five games this season where he has completed at least 60% of his throws. Jefferson, who spent five seasons at Arkansas before entering the transfer portal last December, is in his final year of eligibility this season.

19 hours ago, AU-24 said:

https://www.al.com/sports/2011/05/cam_newton_on_keeping_no_2_its.html

Cam Newton is identified with his No. 2 jersey, but the first-round pick in the NFL draft by the Carolina Panthers doesn't seem to be too bothered about the prospect of giving it up.

The former Auburn quarterback said on the

Dude, that is an article from 2011 concerning his jersey battle in the NFL with Jimmy Clausen. Cam didn't give up the #2 jersey. Clausen had #2 and wanted an absurd $1M from Cam to buy it from him. Cam indeed called Clausen to work a deal for the #2 jersey, so he pursued it.

Has zero to do with allowing another Auburn player to wear #2. Did you even bother reading the article prior to posting it?

• Haha 3

John Cena (I wonder if anyone will get this reference besides AUBwins & Viper), I mean Deuce was back in action Friday after dealing with a nagging ankle injury the past few weeks.

• Like 1