2025 5* QB Deuce Knight Flips from ND To AU!!!

toddc

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

Ryan is a special talent. He makes plays on any ball thrown in his area code.

He has great point guard basketball skills with the football. Makes sure he is the first to touch the football, able to absorb the influence from the ball. His attention to the ball happens at the same time as he is setting up his move to provide separation from the defensive player. Makes it all look effortless also.

• Love 1

• ellitor changed the title to 2025 5* QB Deuce Knight Flips from ND To AU!!!
6 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

True. True

Definitely not the thread for it but just find it hilarious how people are giving RW all this props when I made such a big deal with us not getting him and was rebuffed with Coleman is just as good if not better. Now all of a sudden RW is the equivalent of Jerry Rice. QB play matters badly. You can have a dream team of WRs but if the QB play is average to pitiful it doesn’t mean a damn thing. We are learning this the hard way right now. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 6

RW is in a class by himself. Wasn't he Mr. Football in Soph and Jr. years? Would likely had gotten the award again if he hadn't reclassified. Thompson and Coleman have the size and speed but not the quickness of Williams. I don't know why Thompson is not playing, but I just hope they both stay at Auburn a couple more years at least. WDE!!

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, autan said:

RW is in a class by himself. Wasn't he Mr. Football in Soph and Jr. years? Would likely had gotten the award again if he hadn't reclassified. Thompson and Coleman have the size and speed but not the quickness of Williams. I don't know why Thompson is not playing, but I just hope they both stay at Auburn a couple more years at least. WDE!!

Thompson just has to bide his time. He’s an outside WR in this scheme and our outside WRs have been largely good. You can argue Camden Brown should get more reps over anyone who isn’t getting them, just bc he’s shown you production any time it’s come his way. 

As I understand, they operate in 3 WR/1 TE formats almost exclusively and honestly, the only WRs who need to be out there every play possible are KLS and Malcolm. Cam, Camden, Robert Lewis, I feel like there’s at least a few guys we gotta get past before we get to PT

• Like 1

Damage control in South Bend: one of Notre Dames official websites UHND.com is laughing that Deuce will come crawling back when Freeze is "fired this year". They're also loathing DK for being committed to them in name only but in the same article brag about the "sophistication" of ND assuming he was already gone. There are certainly some butthurt drunks in South bend.

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Damage control in South Bend: one of Notre Dames official websites UHND.com is laughing that Deuce will come crawling back when Freeze is "fired this year". They're also loathing DK for being committed to them in name only but in the same article brag about the "sophistication" of ND assuming he was already gone. There are certainly some butthurt drunks in South bend.

The hurt is forreal. I would be pissed top of my time was winning but getting their asses handed to them in the recruiting trail by a school that is “inferior.”

Will DK wear #2?  Does AU contact Cam to get "permission"?  I dont know if #2 has ever been officially retired.  I know Bo told AU that Ernie Sims could not wear #34 if he were to come to AU.  

I think with recruiting now a days if a high priority recruit wants to wear 7, 88, 34, or 2 then they should be allowed to do so as long as they live up to the expectations and are of model student athletes like the men who wore those numbers.  

Edited by AUY2K

1 hour ago, AUY2K said:

Will DK wear #2?  Does AU contact Cam to get "permission"?  I dont know if #2 has ever been officially retired.  I know Bo told AU that Ernie Sims could not wear #34 if he were to come to AU.  

I think with recruiting now a days if a high priority recruit wants to wear 7, 88, 34, or 2 then they should be allowed to do so as long as they live up to the expectations and are of model student athletes like the men who wore those numbers.  

I thought I heard on one of the podcast shows something about the #22. 
It doesn’t really bother me if they want to allow usage of those numbers. Cam is Cam the number 2 isn’t anything special in my eyes. It’s not like if someone sucks wearing number 2 or 34 that it takes anything away from those guys being the iconic athletes that they were. 
I mean you are never going to run out of numbers because you had so many amazing athletes but having amazing athletes is always the goal. 
I won’t lose sleep either way but I hope it doesn’t ever cost us. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

all-your-recruits-are-belong-to-us.jpg

• Love 1

2 hours ago, AUY2K said:

Will DK wear #2?  Does AU contact Cam to get "permission"?

STfLOU6iRBRunMciZv.webp

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aujohnson said:

It’s not like if someone sucks wearing number 2 or 34 that it takes anything away from those guys being the iconic athletes that they were. 

IMO, it 100% absolutely does. Can you imagine if Cam allowed him to wear his number and he either sucked or transferred or both?

Edited by Viper
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Viper said:

IMO, it 100% absolutely does. Can you imagine if Cam allowed him to wear his number and he either sucked or transferred our both?

Yeah it’s not like you can tell if someone is worth of a number before they play. At the very least, play 2-3 years, show you’re elite, and then we can see if you’re worth it 

• Like 1

Is Deuce his given name? I see he wears #2, so I didn’t know if his real name was Dosequious or Jonathan or something.

3 hours ago, Viper said:

IMO, it 100% absolutely does. Can you imagine if Cam allowed him to wear his number and he either sucked or transferred or both?

We would just forget about that player like we have hundreds of other non factors. 

• Like 1

On 9/26/2024 at 8:44 PM, AU Is Gold said:

I'm telling you right now if we don't turn the ball over, we can play with any team in the nation within seven points

On 9/27/2024 at 10:40 AM, Viper said:

noted-note.gif

On 9/27/2024 at 6:37 PM, AU Is Gold said:

Hold me to it all you want. You'll see! Turnovers end drives and  destroy the morale of the team. 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952t3pbnjodmcwuq99mmo

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/5/2024 at 6:17 PM, Viper said:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952t3pbnjodmcwuq99mmo

I will say that the stats were identical. It shows you what red zone efficiency will do for you. The game was much closer than the score let on. Probably the cleanest game of football I've seen in a while from both sides of the ball. 

1 hour ago, AU Is Gold said:

I will say that the stats were identical. It shows you what red zone efficiency will do for you. The game was much closer than the score let on. Probably the cleanest game of football I've seen in a while from both sides of the ball. 

If by clean you mean tos, I agree. But obviously huge mistakes were made as we weren’t close in score with no tod.

1 hour ago, AU Is Gold said:

It shows talent disparity. We were never going to stay within 7 points of GA...nor bammer despite what just happened to them.

51 minutes ago, Viper said:

It shows talent disparity. We were never going to stay within 7 points of GA...nor bammer despite what just happened to them.

Is your take that we have a worse roster than last season? We stayed within 7 points of both of them last year and I feel that Bama and UGA were better then than they are now. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Is your take that we have a worse roster than last season? We stayed within 7 points of both of them last year and I feel that Bama and UGA were better then than they are now. 

Different venues

7 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Big difference playing both of them away this year.

On 10/4/2024 at 5:16 PM, Viper said:

STfLOU6iRBRunMciZv.webp

How about who gives a ISH? Numbers are just numbers & there are only so many to use. Deuce having #2 would in no way disrespect Cam nor tarnish his legacy in any way.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2024 at 5:18 PM, Viper said:

1. Not sure Cam would have a say in it. 2. Yes I can imagine it & it means nothing. We are seriously making a mountain out of a grain of sand.

• Like 1