2025 5* QB Deuce Knight Flips from ND To AU!!!

toddc

3 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

So…do we know why he finally pulled the trigger, was it the pressure from JuJu…? 

I'm not sure we'll ever know that answer for sure, but my guess is that we made it known were willing to pivot to someone else so he needed to make a decision.  I don't think pressuring a kid to do something he clearly doesn't want is ever a winning strategy and I've never seen that sort of thing happen with Freeze in the past.  But letting them know that we have to start pursuing other options if they still aren't sure is fine.  It clarifies matters.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

So…do we know why he finally pulled the trigger, was it the pressure from JuJu…? 

@TAYLORKEETONIt was pressure from AU. We were legitimately talking to Juju in case Deuce said no but it was poop or get off the pot time for Deuce. He had to give us a yes or no answer yesterday. If it was no we would have pressed on Juju. We let the info on Juju out to get Deuce to make a final decision.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I don't think pressuring a kid to do something he clearly doesn't want is ever a winning strategy

@TitanTiger What do you mean? His many visits shows he clearly wanted to do it. He just needed a little Bush Push to get over the goal line.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

I like how Freeze teaches our QBs to recruit. This is how Walker White was after he committed.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

I like how Freeze teaches our QBs to recruit. This is how Walker White was after he committed.

Yep we need it big time! Advocate for the future . 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Back to Deuce 

247 National Recruiting Analyst on Deuce

"He is the most polarizing prospect in this class," 247Sports national recruiting analyst Cooper Petagna said.

"It's not just because he's a quarterback, you talk about the physical potential of Deuce Knight — it's unlimited. When you look at this kid and what he can be, we're talking about a guy with a 42-inch vertical jump, state champion with a very strong track and field resume in terms of genetics with his brother playing at Indiana. He's got it all. He checks every box.

"Not to mention there is a lot of potential just in terms of his mobility and what he can be as a runner. We really haven't even seen that on the field yet. If you were to drop him in the NFL scouting combine, he'd be in the top 1 percent especially of that quarterback room. Now the biggest thing with Deuce Knight is can he develop as a passer? With what we've seen this offseason, the answer is more than likely yes. He had a really strong three days at the Elite 11 finals. Every time I have seen him he has gotten better and better."

"Imagine Deuce Knight's legs with a matchup of Cam Coleman and a Perry Thompson and a Bryce Cain and a Malcolm Simmons," Petagna said. "That's very, very difficult and now you've got to defend Deuce Knight's legs on top of that, that idea as an Auburn fan, Deuce Knight paired up with that type of skillset on the perimeter that's like every college football fans dream. Especially when it comes to the video game. I don't know how you defend that."

Man, I hope that is true. When I see the highlights, I see a QB that needs to gain some mass. 

11 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I can hear it now when he runs by somebody and we all say deuces 🤣

ESPN will have to change their screen board from "to the house" to "deuces" when we're on their channel. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

@TitanTiger What do you mean? His many visits shows he clearly wanted to do it. He just needed a little Bush Push to get over the goal line.

It was just a caveat about what we were doing vs "pressuring" him.  I don't think we did the latter.  I do think we decided we couldn't wait any longer and let him know that he needed to make up his mind, one way or the other.  Stringing it out a few more weeks wasn't going to make his decision any easier.  The fact that we had another option to pivot toward gave him the "clarity" he needed.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

@AuCivilEng1 Disagree. No question Milroe is a better QB but on a good number of those passes Ryan made plays on, those passes  weren't much if any  better than the throw it up to CC passes Thorne threw.

image.gif.b0c674c393019555c04c087cfb2f145c.gif

• Haha 2

Amazing recruiting job these coaches are doing. Hoping for better days ahead.

6 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

image.gif.b0c674c393019555c04c087cfb2f145c.gif

To say or imply Ryan would not be a difference maker here this season even with Thorne throwing, which at the very least is what your OP is doing, is the pure definition of the gif you just used. Ryan is that special.

Losing Your Mind GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

To say or imply Ryan would not be a difference maker here this season even with Thorne throwing, which at the very least is what your OP is doing, is the pure definition of the gif you just used. Ryan is that special.

Losing Your Mind GIFs | Tenor

In order for Ryan to make plays, his QB would have to quit throwing the to other team long enough to throw it to him. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

It doesn’t matter which one we get. Neither will compete until 2026. The next QB at Auburn is 3 hours down the road from me.

@AuCivilEng1I am late to the conversation. 
Which QB are you referring to that is 3 hours from you?

18 hours ago, The Freak said:

3 hours from Liberty U.

@The FreakIs that the current Liberty QB that I read may be considering a Transfer to AU for next Season?

1 hour ago, Shadow Tiger said:

ESPN will have to change their screen board from "to the house" to "deuces" when we're on their channel. 

I hope to hear it a lot!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gravejd said:

Amazing recruiting job these coaches are doing. Hoping for better days ahead.

I concur.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

In order for Ryan to make plays, his QB would have to quit throwing the to other team long enough to throw it to him. 

Tbh you could throw a duck and Ryan would still find a way to get to it. That guy may legitimately be the best talent at WR in the sport at 17. Even with Jeremiah Smith, he doesn’t have that body control 

To keep this post somewhat relevant, there’s a world where the Iron Bowl features 3 or more 5 star WR talents on both sides after this upcoming recruiting class. Would’ve been wild to tell someone that in the mid 2000s 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

He WOULD NOT be doing that here. I can assure you😂

Yep just look at Cam

3 hours ago, Auburn93 said:

Who is Walker White?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

But Ryan might be such a special talent that he would anticipate that and not run his routes on those throws by trying to anticipate where the corner would be so he could be there 1st. Or me may have even tried to wear the other teams jersey or the wrong color accessories just to get better throws from Thorne.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HAPvsOA said:

But Ryan might be such a special talent that he would anticipate that and not run his routes on those throws by trying to anticipate where the corner would be so he could be there 1st. Or me may have even tried to wear the other teams jersey or the wrong color accessories just to get better throws from Thorne.

True. True

1 hour ago, jluvah said:

Who is Walker White?

The jovial one waiting for just the right time to storm the wall.

image.gif