2025 5* QB Deuce Knight Flips from ND To AU!!!

toddc

28 minutes ago, jluvah said:

That’s the issue. What does Hugh Freeze,and Auburn, bring to the table to offer a transfer portal qb that any D1 school can’t counter with. These kids want to be coached to get to the league and Auburn just isn’t doing that. Any Auburn player that’s made it to the NFL in the last 10 years has made it on their own natural talent alone. Every school has $ money to throw at these kids, so that’s not what’s gonna get them here. If they’re good they will start at any school they choose. And degree choice is a laughing matter now when choosing a transfer location. This ain’t college football anymore. Auburn is in a bad spot right now.

You have valid points here. He may have to spend alot more than he wanted to spend last year. Right now, he can't even get a HS QB on board

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

I think I would go after Bryce Baker and Max Johnson at NC. We could also pick up their OC as an analyst.

I’m not familiar with Baker but will look him up. Max Johnson is way too injury prone to count on in my opinion. 

52 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I’m not familiar with Baker but will look him up. Max Johnson is way too injury prone to count on in my opinion. 

Johnson has the experience for sure, having played at 8 different schools, and being a 9th year junior

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

If this type of QB is who we go after in portal, we are in trouble 

• Like 3

Compare the time the highly rated QBs have to read their receivers and get the pass off, that makes a huge difference. 
Our porous offensive line doesn’t afford the time that other teams with QBs have. 

Edited by kingfish

Just now, kingfish said:

Compare the time the highly raked QBs have to read their receivers and get the pass off, that makes a huge difference. 
Our porous offensive line doesn’t afford the time that other teams with highly performing QBs have. 

While this was true vs Cal, it was less of an issue vs Arkansas and frankly, the OL protected very well against Oklahoma.  The OL play has improved weekly.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

While this was true vs Cal, it was less of an issue vs Arkansas and frankly, the OL protected very well against Oklahoma.  The OL play has improved weekly.  

Yeah time to get the ball off was hardly the issue, especially as the running game got off the mat. OU killed us on a few unprotected blitzes during the last two drives iirc, but that’d happen against anyone 

Removed a over a page of pointless & excessively negative banter. If you want to be in your feels about how disappointing this season has been so far, please do so in the football forum & keep it off the recruiting forum. @AUINSY @aujohnson If you want to continue your weekend long banter do so in PMs with each other.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Yeah time to get the ball off was hardly the issue, especially as the running game got off the mat. OU killed us on a few unprotected blitzes during the last two drives iirc, but that’d happen against anyone 

Yep at that point the moments m had swung and sometimes it just happens. Maybe I have my orange and blue glasses on but it seems the oline is pretty comparable with teams across the board. It’s rare QBs get forever and a day to throw with all the exotic defensive looks

This whole thing is weird. DK won't stay away from AU, yet won't commit..

Juju is visiting on secret reconisant missions.. Wouldn't surprise me if we end up with KJ Lacy the way things are going

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

This whole thing is weird

JLee says it's the new norm in the NIL recruiting age. If true, that's a scary thought.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Well , I think he broke his leg, I just figured they may be available as it looks like Brown may bow out by then.

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

JLee says it's the new norm in the NIL recruiting age. If true, that's a scary thought.

All this wish-washy back and forth for high school prospects when our coaches all are pressed planning for a big game vs our main rival. Honestly I can’t imagine the man hours required of staffers.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, keesler said:

All this wish-washy back and forth for high school prospects when our coaches all are pressed planning for a big game vs our main rival. Honestly I can’t imagine the man hours required of staffers.

If I was in the coaching profession at this level, I’d be doing my damndest to make it to the NFL and stay there. The time demands for high level college coaches is unlivable. 

• Like 2

Not sure when the interview occurred, but I watched a video recently of Chris Peterson saying if he came back to coaching, it would be in the NFL.

6 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Anu update yet on his weekend visit?

Like his other visits, he didn't give any comments to reporters.  He did stay overnight and leave Sunday afternoon.

• Like 1

The 2 jaybirds on LOA both say they don't think AU will sign  HS QB. They say AU will get a younger guy and an older guy out of the portal

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Well, IMO the time has come and gone for DK.  

2 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Anu update yet on his weekend visit?

@TAYLORKEETON It was good as all 5 have been. All other relevent info is in the Juju thread discussion you took part in yesterday.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

He did stay overnight and leave Sunday afternoon.

That happens on OVs. They are up to 48 hours. 

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

The 2 jaybirds on LOA both say they don't think AU will sign  HS QB. They say AU will get a younger guy and an older guy out of the portal

Hahaha omg if this is true. 

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Of course.  But sometimes people leave after the game or whatever and I just wanted it to be clear that he didn't peace out right away.  

• Like 1

On 9/30/2024 at 11:48 AM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I agree. The O Line and running game was in a prime position to win this for us. But the coaches failed to see it. 
After OU jumped ahead, they did exactly what they should have done and threw caution out the window to nail the comeback.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

JLee said he’s heard good news again about Knight, and that momentum has shifted back to Auburn

• Facepalm 1
  • Wow 1