2025 5* QB Deuce Knight Flips from ND To AU!!!

toddc

16 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Those 2 questions doesn't really don't have any effect on my opinion if Jefferson would have worked at AU. He doesn't play Defense. His career stats are what I based my opinion on. Just going off the stats.

Last 2 seasons and 3 games, he's averaged:

1.8 passing TDs per game

0.54 INTs per game

0.46 rushing TDs per game

Record: 14-14

And you think having that guy would make a difference.

So if we win , do we finally get that commitment from Deuce? Watch that happens after I got all happy about the potential of JuJu

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

So is Juju still considered better? I know that he’s dropped and Deuce has risen.

I'm not a coach or expert, but the people who've watched them both seem to have the consensus that Juju is probably more ready now and his accuracy is really good, but that Deuce probably has the higher ceiling and is more athletic.  I don't think you could be upset getting either one.

3 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Just going off the stats.

Stats so far today:

Thorne : 9-14, 171 yards, 2 TDs

Jefferson: 0-2, 0 yards, 1 INT against the vaunted Colorado defense

Edited by Viper

16 minutes ago, Viper said:

Stats so far today:

And I'm happy as a pig in slop about it 

3 hours ago, Viper said:

Stats so far today:

What's the update on this... 🫢🤣

1 minute ago, arein0 said:

One of the players you listed was developed by our current coach and is now in the NFL

Doesn’t fit the narrative 

• Like 1

I am sure we don’t have to worry about deuce committing to us now unless we just simply over pay. 

• Like 1

So 21/32 338yards 3 tds 1 int against the # 8 ranked Defense by a less then average QB wouldn’t impressive to a 5* prospect who is clearly interested? I  guess I see things differently 

Edited by tbone4jc
  • Like 7
  • Love 2

At this point recruiting is all we have. If that starts to suffer,  Pressure will ratchet up on Hugh. He needs a QB commit ASAP. 2 months to signing day. For the life of me, I don't understand what Hugh is waiting on. Tell DK to fish or cut bait. If he is this indecisive, he could switch back to ND on signing  day. If I had to guess, Yella Fella is still in Hughs corner. As long as that's the case, the rebuild will  press onward.

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

At this point recruiting is all we have. If that starts to suffer,  Pressure will ratchet up on Hugh. He needs a QB commit ASAP. 2 months to signing day. For the life of me, I don't understand what Hugh is waiting on. Tell DK to fish or cut bait. If he is this indecisive, he could switch back to ND on signing  day. If I had to guess, Yella Fella is still in Hughs corner. As long as that's the case, the rebuild will  press onward.

Hoping you are right. 

19 hours ago, GTNupe11 said:

What's the update on this... 🫢🤣

Thorne : 21-32, 338 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT

Jefferson: 20-35, 284 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs against the vaunted Colorado defense

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

So 21/32 338yards 3 tds 1 int against the # 8 ranked Defense by a less then average QB wouldn’t impressive to a 5* prospect who is clearly interested? I  guess I see things differently 

Exactly. Quarterback play was not the issue this game

2 hours ago, shabby said:

Exactly. Quarterback play was not the issue this game

Numbers wise not really bad at all, but the pick going for 6 was just devastating. Feel wise, to all of us fans after the other two bad games by our QBs, it just crushes the spirit a little. I still think he can do good things but I have a little understanding of those who are so put off by Thorne at the moment. 
Statistically he had a better day than quite a few well thought of QBs including Carson Beck. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

I do think a QB recruit could look at that game and think” I could be just a bit better than that on a bad day and lead the team to victory “. We will see I guess. 

• Like 1

So, I'm guessing his official is over now. Still no public flip... Rumor has him going to ND for Stanford game. Baffling why Hugh has us in this position since recruiting is what he is hanging his hat on.

9 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

So, I'm guessing his official is over now. Still no public flip... Rumor has him going to ND for Stanford game. Baffling why Hugh has us in this position since recruiting is what he is hanging his hat on.

Agreed. He needs to lock down a HS QB pretty quick. I like the idea of landing a top quality transfer portal QB. But the competition for the few game changers in the portal will be fierce. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

But the competition for the few game changers in the portal will be fierce. 

That’s the issue. What does Hugh Freeze,and Auburn, bring to the table to offer a transfer portal qb that any D1 school can’t counter with. These kids want to be coached to get to the league and Auburn just isn’t doing that. Any Auburn player that’s made it to the NFL in the last 10 years has made it on their own natural talent alone. Every school has $ money to throw at these kids, so that’s not what’s gonna get them here. If they’re good they will start at any school they choose. And degree choice is a laughing matter now when choosing a transfer location. This ain’t college football anymore. Auburn is in a bad spot right now.

Edited by jluvah
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Agreed. He needs to lock down a HS QB pretty quick. I like the idea of landing a top quality transfer portal QB. But the competition for the few game changers in the portal will be fierce. 

I think I would go after Bryce Baker and Max Johnson at NC. We could also pick up their OC as an analyst.

Edited by Hank2020

15 minutes ago, jluvah said:

That’s the issue. What does Hugh Freeze,and Auburn, bring to the table to offer a transfer portal qb that any D1 school can’t counter with. These kids want to be coached to get to the league and Auburn just isn’t doing that. Any Auburn player that’s made it to the NFL in the last 10 years has made it on their own natural talent alone. Every school has $ money to throw at these kids, so that’s not what’s gonna get them here. If they’re good they will start at any school they choose. And degree choice is a laughing matter now when choosing a transfer location. This ain’t college football anymore. Auburn is in a bad spot right now.

Honestly, if you're a HS QB looking at Freeze as a coach, while Thorne's play doesn't give good vibes, players and their parents look at more than just one situation with one player.  First, they don't look at a RS Freshman like Brown (a 3-star out of HS) as an issue.  They're going to look at Freeze's history and whether you like CHF or not, he's got a good resume there of developing QBs and getting good performance out of them at Arkansas State, Ole Miss and Liberty. The fact that Malik Willis was a total mess at Auburn but he turned him into a viable NFL QB at Liberty means something to these kids.  Just this year Willis has started for the Packers and led them to two wins.  

So, while PT and the QB situation at Auburn isn't helpful, it's not going to be enough to create a narrative or impression that Freeze can't develop QBs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2