Joe Showing empathy

LPTiger

Ole Uncle Joe spent 14 days at the beach on vacation, went to DC for 4 whole days (with little to no appointments on his public calendar) and then took a long weekend back at the beach.   A reporter asked Joe about the wildfires in Hawaii and Uncle Joe responded "no comment."   Even folks at MSNBC are calling it callous.   Let's give him the benefit of the doubt.  Maybe he was simply tired from too much time in the office.   He really needs to consider getting away from DC more often.    

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

Ole Uncle Joe spent 14 days at the beach on vacation, went to DC for 4 whole days (with little to no appointments on his public calendar) and then took a long weekend back at the beach.   A reporter asked Joe about the wildfires in Hawaii and Uncle Joe responded "no comment."   Even folks at MSNBC are calling it callous.   Let's give him the benefit of the doubt.  Maybe he was simply tired from too much time in the office.   He really needs to consider getting away from DC more often.    

I feel better anytime he is away from DC.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

I’m sure he never thinks about work once he leaves the office.

• Like 1

Video evidence:

He looks confused by the question.  I do love the smile at the end.

13 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I’m sure he never thinks about work once he leaves the office.

The problem is he doesn’t think about work at the office either.

• Like 1

It's worse than I thought.  I didn't know the question was specific to the death toll vs the fire in general.   How easy would it have been to say "Jill and I are heartbroken over it and our thoughts and prayers are with every single family and person impacted by the fire.   I've been in touch with FEMA and I have told them to do every thing within their power to lessen the impact." 

11 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

It's worse than I thought.  I didn't know the question was specific to the death toll vs the fire in general.   How easy would it have been to say "Jill and I are heartbroken over it and our thoughts and prayers are with every single family and person impacted by the fire.   I've been in touch with FEMA and I have told them to do every thing within their power to lessen the impact." 

It was actually a softball question, he just dropped the ball.  Standby for the “what the president meant to say” retraction from KJP (identity hire).

• Facepalm 1

I would love to quote something Biden has said about the devastating devastation in Hawaii, but he’s not speaking yet.

• Like 1

No schedule on the President’s schedule at this moment:

He is a family man that has empathy for others.

• Like 1

Poor Joe Biden,,,, Watch this thing again and observe the look on his face. He was clearly puzzled by the question. He said "no comment" because he didn't know what the hell was going on in Maui and didn't know what the reporter was talking about. Those responsible for propping him up should be charged with elder abuse.

Not a mod, bit stick to the subject.  Your whataboutism is not adding to the thread.

12 hours ago, Mikey said:

Poor Joe Biden,,,, Watch this thing again and observe the look on his face. He was clearly puzzled by the question. He said "no comment" because he didn't know what the hell was going on in Maui and didn't know what the reporter was talking about. Those responsible for propping him up should be charged with elder abuse.

It is amazing that Biden is all about the Bidens and is not being called out about it.  He lied about a truck driver being drunk when his wife died in a car accident, he continually lies about his son Beau passing in Iraq to the 13 Marine parents that lost their sons and daughters in Afghanistan, he stands during the Dignified Transfer and checks his watch at least 3 times, hasn’t visited East Palestine, Ohio and yet to visit Hawaii.

Watch what he does, not what the media tells you he is or going to do.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mikey said:

The mic was by the reporter, not Biden. We don’t know what he heard. But you don’t need facts. Your mind is made up before you get up in the morning.

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

The mic was by the reporter, not Biden. We don’t know what he heard. But you don’t need facts. Your mind is made up before you get up in the morning.

Either his staff didn’t update Joe on Hawaii or he didn’t hear the question and answered by his pat answer of *no comment*.  Both are sad.

What’s his excuse for not addressing the people who have lived through this disaster until today at 2 pm in Salt Lake? 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/maui-wildfires-biden-comments-hawaii-fires/

5 days ago he declared a disaster declaration, but no empathy directly aimed at the ones that have sustained loss of loved ones and lost everything they own.  Just cold.

13 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Either his staff didn’t update Joe on Hawaii or he didn’t hear the question and answered by his pat answer of *no comment*.  Both are sad.

What’s his excuse for not addressing the people who have lived through this disaster until today at 2 pm in Salt Lake? 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/maui-wildfires-biden-comments-hawaii-fires/

5 days ago he declared a disaster declaration, but no empathy directly aimed at the ones that have sustained loss of loved ones and lost everything they own.  Just cold.

Messaging hasn’t been handled well, but the most important thing was the quick approval of assistance. I applaud you for your recent growth in being concerned about empathic responses from a President.

• Thanks 1

On 8/14/2023 at 12:24 PM, I_M4_AU said:

Video evidence:

He looks confused by the question.  I do love the smile at the end.

The problem is he doesn’t think about work at the office either.

this biden fixation and all

On 8/14/2023 at 2:10 PM, I_M4_AU said:

No schedule on the President’s schedule at this moment:

He is a family man that has empathy for others.

the other thing that kept Republicans super ******* outraged this weekend was that Joe Biden spent a few days at a beach house while Hawaiian wildfires burned.

never mind that Biden is already back in the White House today. never mind that Biden has already released disaster funds.

never mind that FEMA is already on the ground in Hawaii, doing its job.

just stay angry that Joe Biden took a couple of days off.

never mind that, during the early days of covid, Donald Trump told everyone that it was going to disappear “like magic” and then went golfing for six weeks while thousands of Americans sickened and died.

• Haha 1

iam i know your boy trump has let you down and left a bitter taste in your mouth. was it from butts mooching? i tried to warn you. remember?

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

iam i know your boy trump has let you down and left a bitter taste in your mouth. was it from butts mooching? i tried to warn you. remember?

I want him off the ticket and you guys are helping.  Now we need to get Biden off the ticket 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I want him off the ticket and you guys are helping.  Now we need to get Biden off the ticket 

i have heard rumors biden will not run again. i am serious and not playing. it has been stated in a couple or articles. one said they were working on ms harris's image and another said they are going to get michelle obama to step in somehow. it is probably bull. sing me happy birthday iam. i know i am no more special than anyone else but i am amazed i have lived to 78 with my mouth...........right! grins...............i am nice in real life. if we ever met i would be gold to you iam. and i have been trying to be nicer but trump does trigger me.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

i have heard rumors biden will not run again. i am serious and not playing. it has been stated in a couple or articles. one said they were working on ms harris's image and another said they are going to get michelle obama to step in somehow. it is probably bull. sing me happy birthday iam. i know i am no more special than anyone else but i am amazed i have lived to 78 with my mouth...........right! grins...............i am nice in real life. if we ever met i would be gold to you iam. and i have been trying to be nicer but trump does trigger me.

I can’t see how Biden would be the best option at this point.  Both sides have to swallow their pride and get someone younger and without the baggage.  Well, Happy Birthday Fifty, is that a typo or are you actually older than me?

• Love 1