Tuberville

TexasTiger

On 8/11/2023 at 10:31 AM, CoffeeTiger said:

Alabamians don't care. They don't care where Tuberville lives, they don't care what Tuberville knows, they don't care what Tuberville does or doesn't do for the State of Alabama

As long as Tuberville says 'Biden bad' in interviews and votes against all Democrat bills Tubs is doing all that Alabama Republican's want and expect of him. 

You left out getting on his knees for Donald.  That is also important for many in Alabama.

• Like 1

Every thread I read reminds me more and more that this country will continue down the road of extreme partisanship unless and until people recognize Fox and OAN for what they are.  I have no faith that will ever happen.  If having to pay close to $800 million and admitting you purposefully lied so as to not upset your viewers isn't enough to show a network's true motives, nothing ever will.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

Every thread I read reminds me more and more that this country will continue down the road of extreme partisanship unless and until people recognize Fox and OAN for what they are.  I have no faith that will ever happen.  If having to pay close to $800 million and admitting you purposefully lied so as to not upset your viewers isn't enough to show a network's true motives, nothing ever will.

The MSM is just as guilty with their lies of omission and suppression of facts. I prefer Fox, it's the best place to learn the other side of the story.

Example: The MSM showed Biden walking along a clean and vacant section of the southern border. The next day, Fox showed that, then showed the same place a day before and the day after Biden left. In reality, the area was a disgraceful shanty town that had been briefly cleaned up to present a false impression for the left wing media to publish. If that wasn't a lie there never was one.

7 minutes ago, Mikey said:

The MSM is just as guilty with their lies of omission and suppression of facts. I prefer Fox, it's the best place to learn the other side of the story.

Example: The MSM showed Biden walking along a clean and vacant section of the southern border. The next day, Fox showed that, then showed the same place a day before and the day after Biden left. In reality, the area was a disgraceful shanty town that had been briefly cleaned up to present a false impression for the left wing media to publish. If that wasn't a lie there never was one.

I have no issue with the Fox News division. It’s fine and offers other perspectives. It’s the night time talking heads of all the networks that are the issue. Commentary  is now propaganda that have turned people with opposing views into the tribal enemy.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

I have no issue with the Fox News division. It’s fine and offers other perspectives. It’s the night time talking heads of all the networks that are the issue. Commentary  is now propaganda that have turned people with opposing views into the tribal enemy.

Your assessment of the News division was true years ago. Not so much now.

• Facepalm 1

38 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Your assessment of the News division was true years ago. Not so much now.

I was Fox News that called Arizona for Biden first and were very negative against trump the day of 1/6.  Yes it’s still right-oriented but again - they offer another perspective. The news and the “entertainment” groups have always disliked each other. A lot.

I prefer reading the news over watching it. Easier to critically think through the whys and how’s of what happened. I have no interest in having Laura Ingraham or Rachel Maddow or Sean Hannity or Wolf Blitzer tell me how to think about it all. Fox and CNN long ago became political operatives mouth pieces for the Republican and Democrat parties. 

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

Fox News is Mainstream Media. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Fox News is Mainstream Media. 

Fox News is cable media. The big 3 TV networks, NYT, WAPO and the like are mainstream.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I prefer reading the news over watching it. Easier to critically think through the whys and how’s of what happened. I have no interest in having Laura Ingraham or Rachel Maddow or Sean Hannity or Wolf Blitzer tell me how to think about it all. Fox and CNN long ago became political operatives mouth pieces for the Republican and Democrat parties. 

i got so sick of wolf and his breaking news ALL DAMN DAY LONG i quit watching cnn. news is tough for me. most of it is click bait and depending which shows you watch they are slanted either left or right.

43 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Fox News is cable media. The big 3 TV networks, NYT, WAPO and the like are mainstream.

Mainstream by definition:
  1. the ideas, attitudes, or activities that are regarded as normal or conventional; the dominant trend in opinion, fashion, or the arts.
    "companies that are bringing computers to the mainstream of American life"

Fox brags incessantly about being the number one name in news: they dominate ratings on TV, radio, and now digital. They began as Maverick, but they are absolutely mainstream now. 
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i got so sick of wolf and his breaking news ALL DAMN DAY LONG i quit watching cnn. news is tough for me. most of it is click bait and depending which shows you watch they are slanted either left or right.

Same here. Interesting point about news too: most people believe that everyone is watching. They’re not. The next time you see an article on news ratings, make note of their reported daily viewers. Fox typically gets about 1 million. Then CNN and MSNBC combine for about the same. Then the rest make up about a million or so. So it ends up being about 3 million. Which is less than 1% of the population. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Same here. Interesting point about news too: most people believe that everyone is watching. They’re not. The next time you see an article on news ratings, make note of their reported daily viewers. Fox typically gets about 1 million. Then CNN and MSNBC combine for about the same. Then the rest make up about a million or so. So it ends up being about 3 million. Which is less than 1% of the population. 

i did not realize that. but man it is an old meme now but i really do miss walter cronkite. i just felt like he was always straight up with america. now everyone has an agenda it seems. thanx for telling me that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

I was Fox News that called Arizona for Biden first and were very negative against trump the day of 1/6.  Yes it’s still right-oriented but again - they offer another perspective. The news and the “entertainment” groups have always disliked each other. A lot.

My issue with them is that they make no distinction between the two when they broadcast.  It is so bad that they should have a flashing ticker running along the bottom that reads "FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

My issue with them is that they make no distinction between the two when they broadcast.  It is so bad that they should have a flashing ticker running along the bottom that reads "FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY"

I agree. Btw trump always disliked their news division 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/donald-trump-and-fox-news-anchor-bret-baier-clash-in-heated-interview

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

It was also "Fox News"  that paid $787 million for their false reporting.

Fox anchor Neil Cavuto broke into his news show "Your World" about 4:30 p.m. Eastern Time to report the settlement. A statement by Fox was read on air.

"We are pleased to have reached a settlement of our dispute with Dominion Voting Systems," the statement said. "We acknowledge the Court's rulings finding certain claims about Dominion to be false. This settlement reflects FOX's continued commitment to the highest journalistic standards. We are hopeful that our decision to resolve this dispute with Dominion amicably, instead of the acrimony of a divisive trial, allows the country to move forward from these issues."

https://www.reuters.com/legal/dominions-defamation-case-against-fox-poised-trial-after-delay-2023-04-18/

They are currently in litigation seeking approx $2 billion more in damages from others related to the same actions.  Telling people what they want to hear is certainly profitable.

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

The only thing that is cable media about Fox is their political "commentary" (aka lying)

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

"This settlement reflects FOX's continued commitment to the highest journalistic standards."

LOL!!!!!!

Yeah, sue us (and win) and maybe we'll issue a correction or retraction.  :-\

Just now, RunInRed said:

Here's a question, is/was Tuberville a better (worse) politician or football coach?

Decent as coach. 

Disgrace, embarrassment - and traitorous - as a politician.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Here's a question, is/was Tuberville a better (worse) politician or football coach?

He's a better coach than politician, but a better politician than many I could name.

23 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Better football coach.  If gauging how good of a politician he is means how good is he at campaigning, I would give him high marks.  Where he fails is in actual leadership and representation as a Senator.  He has a difficult time covering up his lack of knowledge and history.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Better football coach.  If gauging how good of a politician he is means how good is he at campaigning, I would give him high marks.  Where he fails is in actual leadership and representation as a Senator.  He has a difficult time covering up his lack of knowledge and history.

That's a very tactful way of putting it. ;D

• Like 1