Terrifying how many others are out there just like him

aubiefifty

9bkt5ykn85hb1.webp

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2023/08/10/what-we-know-about-provo-man/

Don't worry guys, the people from his Church say he was really just a nice man with strong political opinions and that all those posts about beheading the president, shooting FBI agents,  and killing Democrats was nothing but an old man letting off a little steam online, and the fact he had dozens of guns meant absolutely nothing. He was completely harmless. 

I'd be interested in knowing what his Church considers unacceptable behavior for their members. Apparently, they believe that as long as you are nice to the people who are like you and believe the same things as you, you are a good person no matter what you do or say to anyone else. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Mike is an activist journalist…check his Twitter account.  2nd tweet down is all about Clarence Thomas corruption.

Anyway…some say this is government sanctioned murder.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Mike is an activist journalist…check his Twitter account.  2nd tweet down is all about Clarence Thomas corruption.

So?...What about his tweet was wrong or incorrect? 

8 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

And the people who say that are stupid.

You can't threaten to kill the President of the United States on social media right before he visits the town next to you and not expect a visit from law enforcement. You also can't threaten to kill police if they come to your house and not expect those same police to not show up armed and ready for potential conflict. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What is interesting about this is that threats against POTUS is done by the USSS.   FBI never goes out on this type of threat always defers to USSS.   

• Facepalm 2

1 minute ago, CoffeeTiger said:

So...What about his tweet was wrong or incorrect? 

Do you believe those tweets were considered a credible threat?  He was in bed asleep when the President was about to arrive.

3 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

And the people who say that are stupid. You can't threaten to kill the President of the United States on social media right before he visits the town next to you and not expect a visit from the police. You also can't threaten to kill police and not expect those same police to not show up armed and ready for potential conflict. 

Except, of course, it is a Republican president.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

19 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Do you believe those tweets were considered a credible threat?  He was in bed asleep when the President was about to arrive.

I do know it's a federal crime to make those threats in the first place, and that the FBI determined this man had the equipment, guns and prior training to potentially carry out the threat. Whether he actually intended to carry out the threat in unknowable right now.

19 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Except, of course, it is a Republican president.

Say again? 

https://www.nbcnews.com/investigations/new-york-city-man-charged-threatening-kill-donald-trump-rcna11637

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ndil/pr/man-charged-threatening-violence-against-former-president-trump-and-other-federal

https://www.jacksonville.com/story/news/2017/01/18/florida-man-charged-making-online-threat-against-trump/15739306007/

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Sometimes they like to make a big show to keep all of us little folks in line.  They did this with J6 trespassers…showing up to teenager’s and grandma’s houses with dozens of cops cars to arrest them.

Mission accomplished I guess.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

After 9/11, the nsa and homeland security have sophisticated super computer driven algorithms that scan text and digital photos across the planet.  AI sophisticated. Keyword's such as “potus”, scotus”, “kill” ect are obvious. But trust me, if you make a innuendo about attacking the gov, have pics of a bunch of assault rifles in a paramilitary context, ect on social media (or any forum…) - they know and it’s flagged. They’ve probably had that guy on a list for years.

Edited by auburnatl1

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

Some say all sorts of ridiculous BS.  That doesn't mean we have to pretend that their concerns are legitimate.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I do know it's a federal crime to make those threats in the first place, and that the FBI determined this man had the equipment, guns and prior training to potentially carry out the threat. Whether he actually intended to carry out the threat in unknowable right now.

Say again? 

https://www.nbcnews.com/investigations/new-york-city-man-charged-threatening-kill-donald-trump-rcna11637

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ndil/pr/man-charged-threatening-violence-against-former-president-trump-and-other-federal

https://www.jacksonville.com/story/news/2017/01/18/florida-man-charged-making-online-threat-against-trump/15739306007/

The first man charted with threatening Trump:

Thomas Welnicki was found not guilty after a brief trial in Brooklyn federal court in November, after his defense lawyer argued that he was no danger, just a sad, isolated “crank” who became increasingly frightened by Trump’s actions after he lost the 2020 election.

https://news.yahoo.com/lonely-queens-man-acquitted-threatening-194400572.html

This man, at least, is still alive.

The 2nd man:

The indictment alleged that Grant, in a Dec. 22 letter to Trump, wrote, “And the moment you walk out of office, I’m going to have you shot! Right in your f***ing head … im going to make a nacho and sit back and laugh when your head splatters all over you wife and Secret Service.”

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2021/3/18/22338302/peoria-man-charged-with-threatening-donald-trump-illinois-prosecutor-and-judge

This guy, too, is still alive and hasn’t been arraigned yet.  Has anybody checked on Fifty to see if he has moved to Chicago?

The 3rd guy was sentenced to one year in a mental ward and is still alive.  He was nuts to begin with, but still alive.

He was sentenced to a one-year mental health treatment program after his lawyer told the judge that he calls himself Lord Jesus Christ. 

He had posted a rambling video rant on his Twitter page, saying: 'Yes, I'll be at the review stand at the inauguration and I'm going to kill President-elect Trump. What are you going to do about it, Secret Service?' 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10170029/Florida-man-threatened-kill-Trump-2017-homeless-Miami.html

These incidents were not deemed credible threats.  Why the difference?  Because Biden was about to land in a town close to his?

So if your point is both sides have their lunatics, I agree.

My point is the FBI busted down the door of this man’s house to drag him out.  He didn’t have the opportunity to get a lawyer or go to trial.  And somehow you celebrate this action. 

2 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Some say all sorts of ridiculous BS.  That doesn't mean we have to pretend that their concerns are legitimate.

How else would you describe going to the home of a 75 year old 300 lb man at night where he keeps his gun cache? Makes no sense unless you intend for it to be a news story.

Im not saying the guy shouldn’t be arrested and questioned…but we protest over these kids of police actions all the time.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

How else would you describe going to the home of a 75 year old 300 lb man at night where he keeps his gun cache? Makes no sense unless you intend for it to be a news story.

Im not saying the guy shouldn’t be arrested and questioned…but we protest over these kids of police actions all the time.

On the other side, anytime there’s a mass shooting and the shooter had a digital track record of nutty with gun pics every where  - the gov and police are pulverized for missing it.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The first man charted with threatening Trump:

Thomas Welnicki was found not guilty after a brief trial in Brooklyn federal court in November, after his defense lawyer argued that he was no danger, just a sad, isolated “crank” who became increasingly frightened by Trump’s actions after he lost the 2020 election.

https://news.yahoo.com/lonely-queens-man-acquitted-threatening-194400572.html

This man, at least, is still alive.

The 2nd man:

The indictment alleged that Grant, in a Dec. 22 letter to Trump, wrote, “And the moment you walk out of office, I’m going to have you shot! Right in your f***ing head … im going to make a nacho and sit back and laugh when your head splatters all over you wife and Secret Service.”

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2021/3/18/22338302/peoria-man-charged-with-threatening-donald-trump-illinois-prosecutor-and-judge

This guy, too, is still alive and hasn’t been arraigned yet.  Has anybody checked on Fifty to see if he has moved to Chicago?

The 3rd guy was sentenced to one year in a mental ward and is still alive.  He was nuts to begin with, but still alive.

He was sentenced to a one-year mental health treatment program after his lawyer told the judge that he calls himself Lord Jesus Christ. 

He had posted a rambling video rant on his Twitter page, saying: 'Yes, I'll be at the review stand at the inauguration and I'm going to kill President-elect Trump. What are you going to do about it, Secret Service?' 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10170029/Florida-man-threatened-kill-Trump-2017-homeless-Miami.html

These incidents were not deemed credible threats.  Why the difference?  Because Biden was about to land in a town close to his?

So if your point is both sides have their lunatics, I agree.

My point is the FBI busted down the door of this man’s house to drag him out.  He didn’t have the opportunity to get a lawyer or go to trial.  And somehow you celebrate this action. 

So in all those other cases, how many of them met police officers with a loaded weapon and had previously threatened to kill law enforcement that approached him? 

It's sad he died, but as much as his friends and Church are trying to paint him as a frail, sick, harmless old man that could barely move, he was obviously in good enough health to do wood working jobs, dress up in army man cosplay, and carry around assault weapons. Bullets don't care if they are fired by a 2 year old or a 90 year old person. They'll kill all the same. 

He had already been visited by agents about his posts and he told them to come back with a warrant. He had to have known that they saw his threats about him saying he'd shoot any federal agents he saw and that they would eventually come back with a warrant. 

Maybe this was a suicide by cop? He  seemed like he was in a dark place mentally and was obsessed with killing and death. and here's a quote from one of his neighbors from the Salt lake Tribune article: 

Despite having occasionally joked about Robertson’s likelihood of dying of suicide by cop, Maunder “never thought it would actually happen.”

Edited by CoffeeTiger

34 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Maybe this was a suicide by cop?

I wouldn’t discount this as a possibility.

3 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2023/08/10/what-we-know-about-provo-man/

Don't worry guys, the people from his Church say he was really just a nice man with strong political opinions and that all those posts about beheading the president, shooting FBI agents,  and killing Democrats was nothing but an old man letting off a little steam online, and the fact he had dozens of guns meant absolutely nothing. He was completely harmless. 

I'd be interested in knowing what his Church considers unacceptable behavior for their members. Apparently, they believe that as long as you are nice to the people who are like you and believe the same things as you, you are a good person no matter what you do or say to anyone else. 

He was a member of a Latter Day Saints church. I think some members of your typical SBC church would call a member out for threatening assassination on social media. Also understand that my guess is that if 450 people are in a Southern Baptist service any given Sunday there are probably 60 people carrying. In most large churches today some are asked to carry for security purposes.

Typical Coffee to say don’t worry and drag church into what appears to be a “weird” sick older man.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Terrifying how many others are out there just like him

Don't worry, it appears that the FBI has the manpower, resolve, and ammunition to kill them all. You are safe.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RunInRed said:

This is the last paragraph of the above tweet:

People of all political beliefs can be bad. There are bad Republicans, bad Democrats, bad FBI agents and bad people who don't give a crap about politics. Stop creating narrative as some way to earn points for your team.

I can get behind this, but it is human nature to spin things a certain way.  Most times their narratives fade away and become inconsequential.  Ironically, it is the 9th year since Michael Brown was shot during an altercation with a police officer that was defending his life.  Obama’s DOJ found the police officer was within his right to shoot Brown.  Yet 9 years later the narrative has not changed that it was police violence that was responsible for the death.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

This is the last paragraph of the above tweet:

People of all political beliefs can be bad. There are bad Republicans, bad Democrats, bad FBI agents and bad people who don't give a crap about politics. Stop creating narrative as some way to earn points for your team.

I can get behind this, but it is human nature to spin things a certain way.  Most times their narratives fade away and become inconsequential.  Ironically, it is the 9th year since Michael Brown was shot during an altercation with a police officer that was defending his life.  Obama’s DOJ found the police officer was within his right to shoot Brown.  Yet 9 years later the narrative has not changed that it was police violence that was responsible for the death.

Ed always has bad takes, but he is so good at getting engagement…which pays big on Twitter these days.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2023 at 10:46 AM, AUDevil said:

Sure, no doubt.  Fellow travelers. :-\

What is really scary is that there are more people like Fifty out there roaming loose!😅