NIL

LPTiger

At some point, someone is going to tell me to knock it off talking about NIL...   Fifty posted an article in the baseball forum about Christian Herberholtz.   If you read the article he basically says NIL is what allowed him to come back to Auburn.   I know what our baseball NIL budget is and he isn't getting much at all.  He is getting full room and board, tuition and a small monthly stipend.   But if it were not for that, he would have been forced to leave Auburn and go pro.   Because we do have the NiL budget, he is coming back and will likely be our Saturday starter.   As a result, this baseball team has a chance to make some noise.   SO LP, WHAT IS YOUR FREAKING POINT -- very simply -- don't think YOUR NIL capability is "so small it will not make a difference."    It will make a difference no matter what your capability is.   If you can give $50, God Bles you!!!   Your $50 plus 100 other folks $50 suddenly allows a kid to come back to Auburn.   THAT is what your capability can do.    

• Like 1
  • Love 1

My personal opinion is that the NIL assistance is more important in the sports where the athletes only get partial scholarships. That's baseball, softball etc. These Auburn athletes should be getting enough NIL help to at least bring them up to a level equal to the full scholarship players.

• Like 3

I have a feeling you’ll see an uptick in NIL once the football season starts.  If Auburn is smart they’ll have several spots on the Jumbotron asking for donations.  I’m still not sure how they decide who gets what $$$

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

I have a feeling you’ll see an uptick in NIL once the football season starts.  If Auburn is smart they’ll have several spots on the Jumbotron asking for donations.  I’m still not sure how they decide who gets what $$$

Winning will bring more money.  Consistently doing it (which we've literally never done) will open flood gates.

Baseball & other non-revenue generating sports will never have the money they need/want and will always be scraping by.  They need full scholarship, if they don't get them it will be an unwinnable battle 

Edited by W.E.D
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, LPTiger said:

At some point, someone is going to tell me to knock it off talking about NIL...   Fifty posted an article in the baseball forum about Christian Herberholtz.   If you read the article he basically says NIL is what allowed him to come back to Auburn.   I know what our baseball NIL budget is and he isn't getting much at all.  He is getting full room and board, tuition and a small monthly stipend.   But if it were not for that, he would have been forced to leave Auburn and go pro.   Because we do have the NiL budget, he is coming back and will likely be our Saturday starter.   As a result, this baseball team has a chance to make some noise.   SO LP, WHAT IS YOUR FREAKING POINT -- very simply -- don't think YOUR NIL capability is "so small it will not make a difference."    It will make a difference no matter what your capability is.   If you can give $50, God Bles you!!!   Your $50 plus 100 other folks $50 suddenly allows a kid to come back to Auburn.   THAT is what your capability can do.    

thanx for the shout out...........

• Like 1

NIL is out of control. There is no transparency and little accountability. This has to be reigned in on a federal legislative level. 

Until then, it really doesn’t do any good bellyaching about it, because it is the way of the world at this moment. I don’t mind it, because in my mind, it’s what the Bamas and Kirbys of the world were alteady doing through loopholes and gladhanding. 

There is a TON of money to be made in college football, and the colleges themselves had it pretty darn good for lots of years given the lack of a minor league football system. 

So…don’t let perfect be the enemy of good. Take the wins and tread water until things change. 

as always just my two cents. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Speaking of NIL. I was gonna grab me a Sean Jackson jersey (44 is my fav number), and I want the proceeds from Jersey sales to go to someone who could use it. But the AU fan shop got bought out and has turned into a complete and utter disaster. Are they not doing NIL apparel anymore? Anyone know if I’m just looking in the wrong place? 

Edited by AuCivilEng1

Jay Tate mentioned in his latest pod that there has been a significant increase in contributions in the last week.  He emphasized significant like 500% increase significant.  Definitely see something being done by next season.  Whatever they do it can’t be something where teams go back to paying players under the table via boosters  otherwise you’re back To square one.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

NIL is out of control. There is no transparency and little accountability. This has to be reigned in on a federal legislative level. 

Until then, it really doesn’t do any good bellyaching about it, because it is the way of the world at this moment. I don’t mind it, because in my mind, it’s what the Bamas and Kirbys of the world were alteady doing through loopholes and gladhanding. 

There is a TON of money to be made in college football, and the colleges themselves had it pretty darn good for lots of years given the lack of a minor league football system. 

So…don’t let perfect be the enemy of good. Take the wins and tread water until things change. 

Spot on, I think it actually gives teams like Auburn a chance to compete for top end talent.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

I agree for the most part. Especially about Kirby and Bama.  But it has been my experience that the federal government is incapable of reigning in anything. 

• Thanks 1

My son lives in SC. There seems to be twice as many Clemson fans as USCe fandom the state ,  but I don't know that for a fact. North Carolina, NC State , Virginia Tech , and Clemson would sew up the coastal states from Virginia to Florida. Plus I think they would fit. They still have to get out of that tv rites deal and that doesn't look likely.

8 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Jay Tate mentioned in his latest pod that there has been a significant increase in contributions in the last week.  He emphasized significant like 500% increase significant.  Definitely see something being done by next season.  Whatever they do it can’t be something where teams go back to paying players under the table via boosters  otherwise you’re back To square one.  

Alabama fans love Alabama football.   Auburn fans love Auburn.   I think Coach Dye said it first but I could be wrong.   Our fans are finally embracing it.   Watch out college football world, we're coming!!!

• Like 1