McConnell apparent health issue

TexasTiger

The underlying basis for her opinion, that white men are causing more deaths in this country, is simply a flat lie.   In 2018, the first year I could find FBI data, the % of Homicide offenders who were black was 55% whereas white was 42%.  And white men outnumber black men by what a 8 to 1 ratio.      Why would she say something that is so blatantly false?    The answer, she hates white men. 

• Dislike 1

17 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

The underlying basis for her opinion, that white men are causing more deaths in this country, is simply a flat lie.   In 2018, the first year I could find FBI data, the % of Homicide offenders who were black was 55% whereas white was 42%.  And white men outnumber black men by what a 8 to 1 ratio.      Why would she say something that is so blatantly false?    The answer, she hates white men. 

I think the context was deaths by terrorists.

37 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

My God, talk about bias.

Really? You always try to turn things into some discussion about what I think or believe rather than just sticking to the topic. I chose not to engage with that.

It’s so exhausting interacting with you, you always try to get the last word in and it’s never just “agree to disagree” or “I see your point, but imo, I disagree” it’s “you’re wrong, I’m right, you are biased, I’m not.” 

its one of the reasons besides being super busy at work, I stopped posting on here. Can’t have any reasonable discussion without the above occurring from at least one poster.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Or because serial killers in the historical sense are predominately white men, and mass shooters are also predominately white men and are committing their killings because they are insane and/or radicalized white men whose victims are completely random innocents. 

whereas gangbangers in Chicago have a bit different of a socioeconomic situation potentially forcing them into a life of crime whose victims are primarily other gang members or affiliates. 

I mean I agree with you that she is wrong, she definitely said something stupid and incorrect but I hardly see it as she hates white men. But I’ve been wrong before and I don’t spend much of my time on her. If any. So just my two cents. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I think the context was deaths by terrorists.

Homer, if that is the case, the Cato institute says that there have been 3463 deaths in the US linked to terrorism between 1970 and 2016.    Of this number, 86% of them were at the hands of radical Islamists on 2001 not white men.   Also, if you disregard 9/11, there were a total of 481 terrorist related deaths in that 46 year period or 10 per year.   10 people in Chicago were in just one weekend 3 weekends ago.    Just one American city in one weekend.    Yet terrorism is what she and the reporter deemed important at that particular time....    

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Didba said:

It’s so exhausting interacting with you, you always try to get the last word in and it’s never just “agree to disagree” or “I see your point, but imo, I disagree” it’s “you’re wrong, I’m right, you are biased, I’m not.” 

I am bias, I don’t claim I’m not.  I do point out how bias Al Jazeera and their reporters are and you can’t acknowledge that.  Is that not bias?

17 minutes ago, Didba said:

I mean I agree with you that she is wrong, she definitely said something stupid and incorrect but I hardly see it as she hates white men. But I’ve been wrong before and I don’t spend much of my time on her. If any. So just my two cents. 

I posted her remarks to show Dem Reps can be as crazy as Republican Reps and that is all. I got accused of falling for not looking at context.  To me the context actually points out how racist she is.  I will defend my position.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I am bias, I don’t claim I’m not.  I do point out how bias Al Jazeera and their reporters are and you can’t acknowledge that.  Is that not bias?

I posted her remarks to show Dem Reps can be as crazy as Republican Reps and that is all. I got accused of falling for not looking at context.  To me the context actually points out how racist she is.  I will defend my position.

Roger that. All good on all counts except I think you misunderstand, I 100% acknowledge their bias, when I said notwithstanding that I didn’t mean they weren’t biased, I just meant I was setting it aside for the sake of the discussion just for that moment. 

• Like 1

On 7/27/2023 at 12:04 PM, Didba said:

Swear there needs to be an age limit on political office. Mandatory retirement at age 60 or something. 

Good luck getting the 60+ year-olds to sign off on it. 

3 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Good luck getting the 60+ year-olds to sign off on it. 

Well we raised it to 65-67. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Again, this is a strawman.

You're substituting her point for an easier angle of attack. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I do. I also remember the widespread condemnation and her subsequent apology. 

There's a proper way to criticize the outsize influence lobbying and money have on our politics, including AIPAC, without saying things that have been used to demonize Jews. She failed there. 

On to the next. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Thanks for this. I can’t stop laughing. 

• Like 1

On 7/26/2023 at 8:13 PM, aubaseball said:

Let me fix it for you….just one more politician that needs to shut up and go home.   For every republican you call out, there are equal amounts on the other side.   

And obviously you don’t get that I call out both sides all the time. I am genuinely an Indie. I had 25 brain damaging years in the Republican Party and finally got tired of the crap from both. Neither. Party gives a damn about the Middle Class. The Dems I will give a hat tip to now since the Republicans have gone totally crazy for trump.  

6 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

And obviously you don’t get that I call out both sides all the time. I am genuinely an Indie. I had 25 brain damaging years in the Republican Party and finally got tired of the crap from both. Neither. Party gives a damn about the Middle Class. The Dems I will give a hat tip to now since the Republicans have gone totally crazy for trump.  

I try not to be either party and I really don’t care for politics.   I know that there is a reason to care and have come to realize that both parties are really full of crap.   The majority of people will just say what they think people want to hear just to get a vote.   
I get a kick out of coming on this board and seeing the hypocrisy of some of the people posting.    

43 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

I try not to be either party and I really don’t care for politics.   I know that there is a reason to care and have come to realize that both parties are really full of crap.   The majority of people will just say what they think people want to hear just to get a vote.   
I get a kick out of coming on this board and seeing the hypocrisy of some of the people posting.    

Exactly, it is just TOTALLY MEANINGLESS WORDS these days. What I saw election after election after election was that the main leadership in the ARP and even the RNC said "a bunch of magic words" and the donations poured in like an avalanche and the party leaders cashed the checks and did nothing to make any of that happen. My friends in the Democrat Party saw the same thing. 

Republicans: Abortion, Peace thru Strength, Military Uber Alles, Incarcerate everything that moves, no matter how much it damages the people, school choice <fer>, Workfare, Christian Family Values (They could not care ANYTHING for CFV. NOTHING.) etc etc They don't really mean a word of it.

Democrats: We are Pro-Union <fer>, We are Pro-Middle Class <fer>, We are for women, AS LONG AS THEY DONT CLAIM TO BE SEXUALLY HARASSED BY A WHITE DEMOCRAT MALE, THEN WE WILL DESTROY THEM. We are for better schools, THAT NEVER DO ANYTHING BUT FAIL TO EDUCATE KIDS FOR 40 YEARS. "We are against Wall Street!" AND THEN TAKE THE CHECKS AND TURN THEIR BACKS ON ANYTHING THAT TAKES POWER FROM WALL STREET—completely empty f'in words. 

I know one talking head on MSNBC. Known her for 47 years. She is on about once a month, leads a regional polluted drinking water organization that focuses on several forms of strip mining. She has a radio show where she does a Liberal Version of RusHannity. Mouths all the Talking Points ad infinitum. She will tell you in private that in DC there is in reality one party, The Party of Money, and that the partisan s*** is just a way to make a ton of $$$ tricking truly unaware people out of $100Ms.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1

On 7/28/2023 at 11:41 AM, LPTiger said:

Homer, if that is the case, the Cato institute says that there have been 3463 deaths in the US linked to terrorism between 1970 and 2016.    Of this number, 86% of them were at the hands of radical Islamists on 2001 not white men.   Also, if you disregard 9/11, there were a total of 481 terrorist related deaths in that 46 year period or 10 per year.   10 people in Chicago were in just one weekend 3 weekends ago.    Just one American city in one weekend.    Yet terrorism is what she and the reporter deemed important at that particular time....    

LP, don’t go bringing fact’s into this board.  Some on here will have a meltdown.    Keep up the good post.  I’ve become a fan of reading your post 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 7/28/2023 at 12:41 PM, LPTiger said:

Well, then how about deaths by mass shooters?

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Well, then how about deaths by mass shooters?

Homer, Most mass shootings are not acts of terrorism, i.e. the motivation behind the shooting isn't political.   Many mass shootings are instances of workplace violence where the perpetrator is exacting revenge on bosses and co-workers.   Most others are instances where the shooter is trying to bring attention to themselves.   Regardless, all mass shootings are horrific events.    But, put all of them together and they will not equal the number of people murdered each year in any of our largest cities due to gang violence/common criminals (almost 75% is black on black crime).   Yet, nearly everyone on the left wants to act like it isn't happening, and white males are the real problem.

14 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Homer, Most mass shootings are not acts of terrorism, i.e. the motivation behind the shooting isn't political.   Many mass shootings are instances of workplace violence where the perpetrator is exacting revenge on bosses and co-workers.   Most others are instances where the shooter is trying to bring attention to themselves.   Regardless, all mass shootings are horrific events.    But, put all of them together and they will not equal the number of people murdered each year in any of our largest cities due to gang violence/common criminals (almost 75% is black on black crime).   Yet, nearly everyone on the left wants to act like it isn't happening, and white males are the real problem.

Mass shootings are terrorism.  You are clearly trying to over analyze this.

And sending a "message" or expressing ones fear/hate over the "other" - racially, religiously, socially or sexually - is ultimately a political message as well as a personal statement. 

https://www.theledger.com/story/opinion/columns/2023/05/15/change-the-narrative-mass-shootings-are-terrorism/70200207007/

".....Their intention is not to commit a crime but to kill as many people as possible, regardless of age, gender, or social status. Often, they are suicide missions. By any definition, this is terrorism."

(And you're last sentence is absurd  and revealing.)

Edited by homersapien

16 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Mass shootings are terrorism.  You are clearly trying to over analyze this.

And sending a "message" or expressing ones fear/hate over the "other" - racially, religiously, socially or sexually - is ultimately a political message as well as a personal statement. 

https://www.theledger.com/story/opinion/columns/2023/05/15/change-the-narrative-mass-shootings-are-terrorism/70200207007/

".....Their intention is not to commit a crime but to kill as many people as possible, regardless of age, gender, or social status. Often, they are suicide missions. By any definition, this is terrorism."

(And you're last sentence is absurd  and revealing.)

All these white men carrying out all of these terroristic "mass shootings."    Homer, you have placed your finger on the real killer.  And, the facts support you 110%.  Indeed, 1,947 people died in the US over the past 3 years as a result of "mass shootings."    Meanwhile, in the same three year period, only 60,767 people died in the US from shootings that were not "mass shootings."    And let's not forget that many of the "mass shootings" that killed the 1,947 were common criminals who killed or injured multiple people when their drug deal went bad.   So Homer, in light of the undisputed facts, yes, by all means, let's put all of our attention and resources into rooting out these white radical terrorists who are responsible for less than 4% of the deaths and while we are at it let's defund all big city police departments.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

All these white men carrying out all of these terroristic "mass shootings."    Homer, you have placed your finger on the real killer.  And, the facts support you 110%.  Indeed, 1,947 people died in the US over the past 3 years as a result of "mass shootings."    Meanwhile, in the same three year period, only 60,767 people died in the US from shootings that were not "mass shootings."    And let's not forget that many of the "mass shootings" that killed the 1,947 were common criminals who killed or injured multiple people when their drug deal went bad.   So Homer, in light of the undisputed facts, yes, by all means, let's put all of our attention and resources into rooting out these white radical terrorists who are responsible for less than 4% of the deaths and while we are at it let's defund all big city police departments.   

I bet over half of those deaths were suicides.