McConnell apparent health issue

TexasTiger

20 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Coffee, you telling us your age here....

ha, no im in my 30s, but some of the best co-workers and bosses I've had have been in their 60s, and I just feel limiting it to that age range might be a little bit too strict. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Exhibit A: 

Typical white man day:   1. wake up, shower, eat breakfast.   2. Go kill a few folks.  3. go to work.  4.  Eat a quick lunch so as to have time to kill a few folks on lunch break.  5.  return home and do some honey do's the wife prepared during the day. 6. Go kill some more folks.  7.  eat dinner.  8.  Get in a few more killings before bedtime.  9.  bedtime.     Notice the big smile at the 10 second mark.   Telltale sign she consciously realizes she is lying.   Omar how many young black men were murdered in Chicago by other young black men over the long July 4 weekend?  

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

4 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Typical white man day:   1. wake up, shower, eat breakfast.   2. Go kill a few folks.  3. go to work.  4.  Eat a quick lunch so as to have time to kill a few folks on lunch break.  5.  return home and do some honey do's the wife prepared during the day. 6. Go kill some more folks.  7.  eat dinner.  8.  Get in a few more killings before bedtime.  9.  bedtime.     Notice the big smile at the 10 second mark.   Telltale sign she consciously realizes she is lying.   Omar how many young black men were murdered in Chicago by other young black men over the long July 4 weekend?  

I just got Dexter flashbacks

1 hour ago, KansasTiger said:

I've been told providing examples of the left being wrong outside normal parameters is a straw man argument.

That's because it is. She was talking about radicalization. You need to look at the interview in context:

"Hasan: "A lot of conservatives in particular would say that the rise of Islamophobia is the result not of hate but of fear — a legitimate fear they say of ‘jihadist terrorism’ whether it’s Fort Hood or San Bernandino or the recent truck attack in New York. What do you say to them?"

Omar: "I would say our country should be more fearful of white men across our country, because they are actually causing most of the deaths within this country. And so if fear was the driving force of policies to keep America safe, Americans safe inside of this country, we should be profiling, monitoring and creating policies to fight the radicalization of white men."

Hasan: "But most of the funding and attention even under Obama obviously went toward Muslim communities — one of those communities is in Minnesota, your state, the Somali American community in Minnesota where I think over past few years more than 20 young Somali Americans have left to go and fight for Isil or Al Shabab or one of these ‘jihadist groups’ abroad. That’s a real threat, obviously nobody is pretending it’s not a threat. So what do you do about it?"

Omar: "I think, like I said, the focus of our policies should be about keeping Americans safe, keeping us domestically safe, and where we actually find a solution is looking at our foreign policy, looking at how we are engaging with the members of these communities and the kind of rhetoric, right, that is being spewed out of leaders within our city halls, within our state capitals and within our nation’s capital."

Hasan: "Some would say that is true, there is really bad rhetoric coming from politicians, security leaders, etc., but also a lot of bad rhetoric coming from Muslim community leaders, imams, etc. Is that fair?"

Omar: "I think both of those statements could be true. And I think it just goes to show what happens when you have segments within communities that are using fear and hate to mobilize their base, and it is important for us to actually have a conversation about what kind of communities we are trying to build and what this nation actually stands for."

The point she was making is that profiling Muslims like herself is dumb becuause If you look at terror in totality, right wing extremist groups (generally white) are the ones performing the lion's share of domestic terror attacks. Even Trump's DOJ acknowledged that. 

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

I’m sure it is, but when they absolutely stick their heads in the sand about their own party someone has to show them how the straw man should grow a pair of eyes.

I literally named the squad in another comment as the most appropriate to compare to Boebert and MGT. No head in sand here. I just don’t think they are as crazy as those two.

Of course, if he had said Anthony Wiener or Cuomo I’d have agreed wholeheartedly, though, their connection with the Democratic Party is far removed at this point, at least for Wiener (lol)

I’d be shocked if any member of the squad showed nudes of a political opponent’s son on the floor of congress but with MGT it was “yeah, that’s on brand for her.”

my strawman comment was more directed at his Northam/Walters’s comment. Whose comments were blown way out of proportion, imo, which y’all will probably disagree with. Which is fine. 

12 minutes ago, AUDub said:

That's because it is. She was talking about radicalization. You need to look at the interview in context:

"Hasan: "A lot of conservatives in particular would say that the rise of Islamophobia is the result not of hate but of fear — a legitimate fear they say of ‘jihadist terrorism’ whether it’s Fort Hood or San Bernandino or the recent truck attack in New York. What do you say to them?"

Omar: "I would say our country should be more fearful of white men across our country, because they are actually causing most of the deaths within this country. And so if fear was the driving force of policies to keep America safe, Americans safe inside of this country, we should be profiling, monitoring and creating policies to fight the radicalization of white men."

Hasan: "But most of the funding and attention even under Obama obviously went toward Muslim communities — one of those communities is in Minnesota, your state, the Somali American community in Minnesota where I think over past few years more than 20 young Somali Americans have left to go and fight for Isil or Al Shabab or one of these ‘jihadist groups’ abroad. That’s a real threat, obviously nobody is pretending it’s not a threat. So what do you do about it?"

Omar: "I think, like I said, the focus of our policies should be about keeping Americans safe, keeping us domestically safe, and where we actually find a solution is looking at our foreign policy, looking at how we are engaging with the members of these communities and the kind of rhetoric, right, that is being spewed out of leaders within our city halls, within our state capitals and within our nation’s capital."

Hasan: "Some would say that is true, there is really bad rhetoric coming from politicians, security leaders, etc., but also a lot of bad rhetoric coming from Muslim community leaders, imams, etc. Is that fair?"

Omar: "I think both of those statements could be true. And I think it just goes to show what happens when you have segments within communities that are using fear and hate to mobilize their base, and it is important for us to actually have a conversation about what kind of communities we are trying to build and what this nation actually stands for."

The point she was making is that profiling Muslims like herself is dumb becuause If you look at terror in totality, right wing extremist groups (generally white) are the ones performing the lion's share of domestic terror attacks. Even Trump's DOJ acknowledged that. 

Yes, a reporter that slow pitches the exact question Omar can expound on to get her point across.

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

ha, no im in my 30s, but some of the best co-workers and bosses I've had have been in their 60s, and I just feel limiting it to that age range might be a little bit too strict. 

You know, I’ll change my stance and agree 60 is too early because my boss is 61 and he is an extremely competent attorney. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Thanks for providing context. Worst thing about twitter and the 24 hour news cycle is that they almost arrive to take statements out of context as much as possible 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Yes, a reporter that slow pitches the exact question Omar can expound on to get her point across.

You're the ones that fell for the quote mine. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Just admit with context the clip isn’t near as bad as it was made out to be lol. It’s not that hard to be like “oh yeah, that’s not as bad as I thought”.

I literally do it all the time, it’s a very helpful practice.

It’s okay to admit your perception of an event might have been skewed by bias when confronted by an alternative. 

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1

I guess you guys would like us to name members of the squad lol

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

I literally named the squad in another comment as the most appropriate to compare to Boebert and MGT. No head in sand here. I just don’t think they are as crazy as those two.

Yes, we would like someone on the left to acknowledge the squad are crazy.

4 minutes ago, Didba said:

I’d be shocked if any member of the squad showed nudes of a political opponent’s son on the floor of congress but with MGT it was “yeah, that’s on brand for her.”

She does have her own style, no argument here.  We are going to have to get past the extreme sides of each party to get rid of these people.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Fall for what?  Omar is a racist who is an anti-Semite.  It doesn’t matter if a shill reporter asked the question.  That was just the launching point of her racism.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

Fall for what?  Omar is a racist who is an anti-Semite.  It doesn’t matter if a shill reporter asked the question.  That was just the launching point of her racism.

She says enough goofy s*** it's not really necessary to invent something, folks. 

6 minutes ago, AUDub said:

There are more examples of her antisemitism and racism other than that one video. You think we aren't using context, but that's not true. She has a pattern that needs to be kept in mind when evaluating her comments.

• Dislike 1

Just now, KansasTiger said:

There are more examples of her antisemitism and racism other than that one video. You think we aren't using context, but that's not true. She has a pattern that needs to be kept in mind when evaluating her comments.

Points at sign

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

She says enough goofy s*** it's not really necessary to invent something, folks. 

8 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Ok so we got where I wanted then? We can agree Omar, at the very least, is wrong outside normal parameters?

Let's go over her anti-semitism in detail. Give me some examples. 

35 minutes ago, Didba said:

Just admit with context the clip isn’t near as bad as it was made out to be lol. It’s not that hard to be like “oh yeah, that’s not as bad as I thought”.

I literally do it all the time, it’s a very helpful practice.

It’s okay to admit your perception of an event might have been skewed by bias when confronted by an alternative. 

The shill reporter  asked:

To believe this is a legitimate question one would have to believe *a lot of conservatives* have a *legitimate fear* of *jihadist terrorism*.  Do you believe this? I don’t, so the question was just to allow Omar to express here point of view.

I can’t believe a reporter from ABC, NBC and CBS would ask this type question unless there was a recent incident of Islamophobia.

ETA: this reporter is from Al Jazeera; enough said.

Edited by I_M4_AU

16 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Let's go over her anti-semitism in detail. Give me some examples. 

You are a brave man. 

Anyone else think this was in poor taste?

IMG_3271.jpeg

Just now, Didba said:

IMG_3271.jpeg

Yes, when presented in this way. But I also think many people get offended too easily. This joke is made in some sort of way about Biden too. Can't have a doubt standard. 

12 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The shill reporter  asked:

To believe this is a legitimate question one would have to believe *a lot of conservatives* have a *legitimate fear* of *jihadist terrorism*.  Do you believe this? I don’t, so the question was just to allow Omar to express here point of view.

I can’t believe a reporter from ABC, NBC and CBS would ask this type question unless there was a recent incident of Islamophobia.

Eh, your opinion and bias is coloring your perception of the reporter’s intent. It’s difficult to get around that I’m aware. 

I’m not sure why you are asking what I believe, when all I said was in context her comments are not as bad as made out to be, notwithstanding, what the intent of the reporter was or wasn’t. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Didba said:

It’s difficult when you have to face (literally) your own mortality.  

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

Eh, your opinion and bias is coloring your perception of the reporter’s intent. It’s difficult to get around that I’m aware. 

I’m not sure why you are asking what I believe, when all I said was in context her comments are not as bad as made out to be, notwithstanding, what the intent of the reporter was or wasn’t. 

My God, talk about bias.