NEW POLL: Trump Voters Say Racism Against Whites Is Bigger Problem Than Anti-Black Racism — By A Lot

aubiefifty

NEW POLL: Trump Voters Say Racism Against Whites Is Bigger Problem Than Anti-Black Racism — By A Lot

By Tommy ChristopherJul 23rd, 2023, 7:59 pm
2–3 minutes

Trump Voters Say Racism Against Whites Is Bigger Problem Than Anti-Black Racism — By A Lot

A new poll shows only Trump voters and Republicans are more likely to say racism against Whites is a problem than they are to say anti-Black racism is a problem.

Although President Joe Biden President Joe Biden defeated Trump in an electoral landslide that has been reaffirmed over and over by state officials from Trump’s own party, Trump won a majority of White voters, and a new Yahoo News/YouGov poll illustrates the contours of Trump’s support.

Yahoo’s Marquise Francis and Andrew Romano write that while a slim majority of all White respondents said anti-White racism is a problem, many more said it’s a problem for Black people:

The survey of 1,638 U.S. adults, which was conducted from July 13-17, shows that among 2020 Trump voters, 62% say that racism against Black Americans is a problem today — while 73% say that racism against white Americans is a problem.

Asked how much of a problem racism currently is, just 19% of Trump voters describe racism against Black Americans as a “big problem.” Twice as many (37%) say racism against white Americans is a big problem.

Trump voters and self-identified Republicans — overlapping but not identical cohorts — are the only demographic groups identified by Yahoo News and YouGov who are more likely to say racism against white Americans is a problem than to say the same about racism against Black Americans. A majority (51%) of white Americans, for instance, think racism against people who look like them is a problem — but overall, far more white Americans (72%) say racism against Black Americans is a problem.

The poll also showed that 82 percent of Black respondents say racism against Black people is a problem, while only 27% believe racism against Whites is a problem.

Trump is the leading contender for the Republican presidential nomination, and in the Yahoo poll led Florida Governor Ron DeSantis and the rest of the field by 25 points or more.

Republicans are the party of grievance and white backlash. What else is new. 

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 2

That is pure comedy. Unfortunately, it is probably what most of our neighbors in Alabama truly think.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

That is pure comedy. Unfortunately, it is probably what most of our neighbors in Alabama truly think.

I’ve got a family member that thinks it’s racist against white prior for the BET channel (Black Entertainment TV) to exist. They will rant about how it’d never be acceptable for someone to start a White Person tv channel or some thing. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

They will rant about how it’d never be acceptable for someone to start a White Person tv channel or some thing. 

Tell them to watch Hallmark.

• Haha 1

On 7/25/2023 at 12:56 PM, AUDub said:

Republicans are the party of grievance and white backlash. What else is new. 

Nah, they're just Nazis

20 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I’ve got a family member that thinks it’s racist against white prior for the BET channel (Black Entertainment TV) to exist. They will rant about how it’d never be acceptable for someone to start a White Person tv channel or some thing. 

I’ll raise you family rants about HBCUs. 
BIL moved away from one of the best locations and homes in Decatur over blacks in the neighborhood. The same neighborhood Kim and I reside in now. 

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

I’ll raise you family rants about HBCUs. 
BIL moved away from one of the best locations and homes in Decatur over blacks in the neighborhood. The same neighborhood Kim and I reside in now. 

White people can attend HBCUs.

In fact you may even get a lot of financial incentives to do so.

3 minutes ago, AUDub said:

White people can attend HBCUs.

In fact you may even get a lot of financial incentives to do so.

“But but but where are the white only schools?” I tell them in Tuscaloosa and Auburn. 😳

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

“But but but where are the white only schools?” I tell them in Tuscaloosa and Auburn. 😳

Ava mistakenly accepted an offer to go to Jackson State rather than Jacksonville State (neither here nor there as she was planning on UAB on a masters track all along) and they were on her like white on rice after that lol. They would have loved to get her. 

After the civil rights era in the 60’s, society pivoted in the 70s to women issues and the transition into the workforce.  What’s interesting is that being brought up right after civil rights, i was generally taught and encouraged to be color blind. Literally to see all people as the same and not discuss differences .  Obviously that was naive and given the current state of things - didn’t work. But with todays approach of race hyper awareness seemingly mutating into total tribal fixation - I wonder sometimes if this approach is truly better.

Edited by auburnatl1

5 hours ago, AUDub said:

Ava mistakenly accepted an offer to go to Jackson State rather than Jacksonville State (neither here nor there as she was planning on UAB on a masters track all along) and they were on her like white on rice after that lol. They would have loved to get her. 

Ethan goes to JSU. He loves it. 

11 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Ethan goes to JSU. He loves it. 

i have heard people since the early eighties you get a better quality education at jax state and i have never heard anyone denie it.