Putting the College Football World on notice

LPTiger

Just now, LPTiger said:

And I'll deserve every bit of the criticism.

You'll be fine. 😁

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Why haven't we had the ability before?

We had the opportunity to play the recruiting game just like Bama, but we weren't willing to do it at the level that Bama was.     As I said above, we stuck our toe in the darkside water every now and then for truly elite players, but Bama's darkside was way more organized than ours, deeper and offered better and more "deals" than we were willing to do.     Now, we are on a fairly equal footing.   Kids who have loved Auburn all their lives will not be swept away by a last minute "business decision." 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, bigbird said:

You'll be fine. 😁

That's why I said it Bird.    It sure feels good feeling good again.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

We had the opportunity to play the recruiting game just like Bama, but we weren't willing to do it at the level that Bama was.     As I said above, we stuck our toe in the darkside water every now and then for truly elite players, but Bama's darkside was way more organized than ours, deeper and offered better and more "deals" than we were willing to do.     Now, we are on a fairly equal footing.   Kids who have loved Auburn all their lives will not be swept away by a last minute "business decision." 

It also helps having a coach that's not completely adverse to playing the recruiting game. The last two were.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

It also helps having a coach that's not completely adverse to playing the recruiting game. The last two were.

The last one didn’t understand the meaning of the word!

• Like 3

Seems like we got our hopes up too high after that big recruiting weekend that had a lot of big-time recruits. I don't think we landed anyone on that Monday. Our lowest rated OVer committed to Stanford a few days later after the dust settled. Let's stay cautiously optimistic. WDE CDHF!!!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

CHF understands what matters to these young men.   He also has a personality that draws people to him.   I can hear him saying "Cam, son all I want is what is best for you.   It just so happens that is what is best for you is also best for Auburn.  You live 33 miles from campus.   The people you love the most are close to here.   The people that love you the most live close to here.   This is big boy game and injuries happen frequently in it.    You go to College Station and get hurt.  How quickly do you think you would become an after thought to all those people 803 miles away from home who only love Cam the athlete?  You can come here and create your legacy.   A hometown young man who turns a program around.   You come here and we win like we are going ti win, you will be a rockstar for life in these parts.   And, if sometime bad were to happen, you are surrounded by people who love Cam the person and who will take care of Cam for the rest of your life.   I want what is best for you and hate to see you make a decision that could turn out to be a big mistake for the rest of your life.'

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

That's why I said it Bird.    It sure feels good feeling good again.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

CHF understands what matters to these young men.   He also has a personality that draws people to him.   I can hear him saying "Cam, son all I want is what is best for you.   It just so happens that is what is best for you is also best for Auburn.  You live 33 miles from campus.   The people you love the most are close to here.   The people that love you the most live close to here.   This is big boy game and injuries happen frequently in it.    You go to College Station and get hurt.  How quickly do you think you would become an after thought to all those people 803 miles away from home who only love Cam the athlete?  You can come here and create your legacy.   A hometown young man who turns a program around.   You come here and we win like we are going ti win, you will be a rockstar for life in these parts.   And, if sometime bad were to happen, you are surrounded by people who love Cam the person and who will take care of Cam for the rest of your life.   I want what is best for you and hate to see you make a decision that could turn out to be a big mistake for the rest of your life.'

@LPTiger Wait, what? Are you hearing a Coleman flip, & as soon as Monday? Other wise it's weird to have the OP and then post this.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

You got me all misty eyed

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LPTiger said:

There is a reason Saban is so outspoken about NIL, and it has nothing to do with the integrity of the game.   Over the years we have been willing to dip our toes into the dark underbelly, but, as Golf alludes, they have been swimming in the deep end of it for 70 plus years.  For the first time in 7 decades, we have the ability to play their game as well as they do and Saban knows it.

spot on! that is the absolute truth, and he is one unhappy camper

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@LPTiger Wait, what? Are you hearing a Coleman flip, & as soon as Monday? Other wise it's weird to have the OP and then post this.

I have not been told any names.    Coleman to A&M is just strange.    CHF knows how to deal with it whereas BHarsin and GMalzhan had no moves!!!!  

3 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Great, I was channeling Robert Earl Keen...

That's a good one too.

13 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

I'm surprised BBird has not commented on REK's birthplace...

Love me some REK!

One of @augolf1716's theme songs...The Road goes on forever, but the party never ends

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, LPTiger said:

I'm hearing from a very reliable source that CHF and our Auburn Tigers are about to put the CFW on notice that we are here, not to win, but to win championships.   By Monday evening heads all across the CFW landscape are going to be exploding. 

Which Monday? Day after tomorrow or Monday after Big Cat?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

I have not been told any names.    Coleman to A&M is just strange.    CHF knows how to deal with it whereas BHarsin and GMalzhan had no moves!!!!  

I am on record as saying Coleman was a silent commit. And I will say that till the cows come home. I wasn't told that but "over heard" a conversation from someone who would def know. A couple on here put me on blast when he committed to a@m. That's fair.. But I stand by what I posted. Don't know of u referring to Cam or not but I wouldn't be shocked

15 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

A couple on here put me on blast when he committed to a@m.

@NWALA Tiger I hope you aren't referring to me with our back and forth at times but I never put you on blast. At least that was never the intent of my posts.

18 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@NWALA Tiger I hope you aren't referring to me with our back and forth at times but I never put you on blast. At least that was never the intent of my posts.

Nope. Blast was too strong a word

• Like 1