Fall Camp starts in TWO WEEKS!!

aubiefifty

Until fall camp starts! i sure am getting excited after a year or two of no hope. I think we will be better than a lot of folks think we might be. This is just a gut feeling as i am certainly no expert. actually yesterday was the two week thing so we are one day closer to fall camp. these are the days that are special for all the kids with dreams who will lay it all out on the line. they have been grinding and now they compete for those starting and backup jobs. is anyone else getting fired up or is it just my half a gummy kicking in?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, aubiefifty said:

Until fall camp starts! i sure am getting excited after a year or two of no hope. I think we will be better than a lot of folks think we might be. This is just a gut feeling as i am certainly no expert. actually yesterday was the two week thing so we are one day closer to fall camp. these are the days that are special for all the kids with dreams who will lay it all out on the line. they have been grinding and now they compete for those starting and backup jobs. is anyone else getting fired up or is it just my half a gummy kicking in?

I'm gonna need to feel a NIP soon. I don't know about Alabama, but up here in Virginia it feels like the Amazon rainforest. I got so many mushrooms popping up in my yard that I expect The Mario Bro's  to start running around soon. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I'm gonna need to feel a NIP soon. I don't know about Alabama, but up here in Virginia it feels like the Amazon rainforest. I got so many mushrooms popping up in my yard that I expect The Mario Bro's  to start running around soon. 

Don’t tell fifty you have a bunch of mushrooms laying around…..

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

if the shrooms are growing out of a cow patty they are your friend. the others will kill the hell out of you. grins..............

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, woodford said:

Don’t tell fifty you have a bunch of mushrooms laying around…..

the only time i ever tripped in my life was in 75 and i washome on leave.mushroom juice mixed with koolaid. nasty tasting. i watched walls melt and other interesting things. they say now THEY have medicinal benefits. but mr woodster i am just an ol pot head.

• WarTiger changed the title to TWO WEEKS!!
On 7/20/2023 at 7:43 AM, aubiefifty said:

the only time i ever tripped in my life was in 75 and i washome on leave.mushroom juice mixed with koolaid. nasty tasting. i watched walls melt and other interesting things. they say now THEY have medicinal benefits. but mr woodster i am just an ol pot head.

Mushroom tea. I've heard my uncle talk about it before. He's 71 now but was a Harley rider in a biker club called The Family for what seemed like my entire childhood. He's told me a ton of crazy stories he lived through from the late 60's to the mid 90's. Amazing that alot of people that partied back then are alive to be senior citizens.

Edited by TeamZero77
  • Thanks 1

On 7/20/2023 at 7:43 AM, aubiefifty said:

Wooooo!

https://www.foxbusiness.com/sports/ric-flairs-wooooo-energy-using-functional-mushrooms-change-energy-drink-game

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, gr82be said:

if you were here i would give ya a big ol auburn bear hug! our war eagle is going to rise up from the ashes and lead us to the promised land...............

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Mushroom tea. I've heard my uncle talk about it before. He's 71 now but was a Harley rider in a biker club called The Family for what seemed like my entire childhood. He's told me a ton of crazy stories he lived through from the late 60's to the mid 90's. Amazing that alot of people that partied back then are alive to be senior citizens.

i saw some older friends take on vicks inhalers and break them open and shoot them in their veins for a rush. i was invited and told them hell no. i think it is odd they are treating folks with mental issues with schrooms now and they say they have great results.

• WarTiger changed the title to Fall Camp starts in TWO WEEKS!!
On 7/20/2023 at 7:36 AM, AuCivilEng1 said:

Here in my part of Texas we have had some solid rains that were needed so I am happy on that front. The problem is it has been so hot you could cook eggs on the sidewalk. Like you I want the NIP but I believe from weather standpoint only we will be well into the season before the NIP sets in. Now other NIP factors like HS band and all the other parts of the half time shows that will be starting real soon.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i saw some older friends take on vicks inhalers and break them open and shoot them in their veins for a rush. i was invited and told them hell no. i think it is odd they are treating folks with mental issues with schrooms now and they say they have great results.

The Vicks inhalers thing is crazy!!! 😳

21 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

The Vicks inhalers thing is crazy!!! 😳

i agree. and pretty stupid.

• Like 1

Speaking of the Nip versus how hot it's been this Summer, my thoughts went back to hot practices and then to Greg Pratt. Let's keep these young men in our thoughts and prayers for the hard work they'll be doing in this heat. Pray for their health and safety. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

Speaking of the Nip versus how hot it's been this Summer, my thoughts went back to hot practices and then to Greg Pratt. Let's keep these young men in our thoughts and prayers for the hard work they'll be doing in this heat. Pray for their health and safety. 

We have a new heat index rule in Mississippi.   We’re going to have to make a lot of adjustments to our practice schedule.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

i just reread that in bo's new bio. it shook the whole team including coach if i remember correctly. greg was a very popular guy with the team. so sad...........

• Like 1

Friday evening rains brought in a fresh new fill here in Auburn yesterday. Still hot but not near the oppressive feel we have been suffering. 

Drove across campus Friday to the Meat Lab. Hot as it was had to get out and walk around a bit. Beginning to feel like football. Always look forward to the drum corp practice sessions start up.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, gr82be said:

Speaking of Greg Pratt, I just started reading the new book about Bo Jackson. It goes into detail about this tragedy and how it affected CPD and the team. Very sad. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WVR said:

Speaking of Greg Pratt, I just started reading the new book about Bo Jackson. It goes into detail about this tragedy and how it affected CPD and the team. Very sad. 

The Last Folk Hero?

52 minutes ago, gr82be said:

The Last Folk Hero?

Yes Sir!! Very good so far.

• Like 1

Soooooo, that means NIP WATCH is 2 weeks away!!!!!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WVR said:

i cannot wait until you hjit the ping pong story................people turn their nose up at it but it was a hell of a story and they swear is true. by the way barkleys is pretty good as well.

5 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i cannot wait until you hjit the ping pong story................people turn their nose up at it but it was a hell of a story and they swear is true. by the way barkleys is pretty good as well.

I remember you saying that you had read it and it was very good. I bought it back then , but just not getting around to reading it. I’ll let you know when I get to the ping pong story. 
Thanks!!

• Like 1

We are getting closer to start of practice and the NIP. We have a one day cool front in Allen, Tx today it is only going to get to 98 or 99.  It is one day only as rest of week and beginning on next week will be in the 101+ range.  Its funny a month and a half ago 98 or 99 seemed really hot. Now after all those days in a row over 101 it actually seems kind of comfortable.