Carlee Russell press conference from Hoover Police Department

Auburn85

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/carlee-russells-case-gave-hope-missing-black-women-finally-mattered-do-rcna95331

Carlee Russell’s case gave hope that missing Black women finally mattered — until doubts set in

Why??? This fraud and some of the others in the past do nothing to help the black cause. 

I simply don't see race in this issue. A hoax is a hoax regardless of skin color. 

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

I simply don't see race in this issue. A hoax is a hoax regardless of skin color. 

She claimed a white man with orange hair abducted her.

14 hours ago, PUB78 said:

She claimed a white man with orange hair abducted her.

People who make such statements under duress, I kind of give the benefit of the doubt. Obviously troubled, she made outlandish claims to support her story, which we know to be false. 

Look, she made a mistake. She'll likely face misdemeanor charges. I hope she overcomes the adversity and her life's journey fulfilled. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

People who make such statements under duress, I kind of give the benefit of the doubt. Obviously troubled, she made outlandish claims to support her story, which we know to be false. 

Look, she made a mistake. She'll likely face misdemeanor charges. I hope she overcomes the adversity and her life's journey fulfilled. 

Do so I. Bad mistake and extremely poor decision on her part, but hopefully a life-changing experience for the future.

• Like 1

https://abc3340.com/news/local/carlee-russell-kidnap-fake-459-baby-abduction-false-emory-anthony-lawyer-hoover-police-charges

Carlee Russell arrested, charged after admitting to kidnapping hoax

by Jeff Wyatt

572464f8-462b-4f00-87b3-0d2e7bbe9321-lar

Carlee Russell mugshot after her arrest in Hoover, Alabama on Friday, July 28, 2023 (Hoover PD)

Carlee Russell, a Hoover woman who admitted to lying about being kidnapped, was arrested and charged in connection to the incident Friday afternoon.

The Hoover Police Department said Russell turned herself in to the city jail and was charged with one count of false reporting to law enforcement authorities and one count of falsely reporting an incident.

Both charges are Class A misdemeanors and each carries up to a year in jail, and a $6,000 bond. Russell was given a $1,000 bond for each charge.

who the hell out there has orange hair anyway other than ronny mcdee and bozo the clown? i have seen all kinds of colors but the orange never...........

• 2 months later...

https://www.wsfa.com/2023/10/11/carlee-russell-appear-court-over-kidnapping-hoax/

October 11

HOOVER, Ala. (WBRC) - Carlee Russell, 26, appeared in Hoover Municipal Court Wednesday where she pleaded not guilty to two Class A misdemeanor counts for what police describe as a staged kidnapping in July.

Hoover Municipal Court Judge Thomas Brad Bishop found Russell guilty on both charges.

Russell is charged with false reporting to law enforcement and falsely reporting an incident.

The state recommended a maximum of one year in jail –  six months for each charge, a fine of $831, plus restitution in the amount of $17,974.88.

The case will now be appealed to the circuit court.

Background

On July 13, Russell called 911 and reported she saw a toddler walking along the side of I-459. When police responded, they found Russell’s car still running on the side of the interstate and her phone, triggering a search that commanded national attention and concern.

Russell returned to her home on foot July 15 at 10:44 p.m.

To date, authorities say they are still unclear about Russell’s location during the 49 hours she was missing. She told police a man came out of the woods with orange hair and abducted her, forcing her into an 18-wheeler. Russell said she was able to escape, but was recaptured. She was able to escape again in West Hoover and returned home.

Hoover Police Chief Nick Derzis shared his frustration over the lack of harsher charges available for situations like this that create panic, fear and consume significant law enforcement resources.

Hoover’s investigation determined Russell used her phone to search the term “do you have to pay for an Amber Alert?”, the movie “Taken”, a film about an abduction and the “price of bus tickets from Birmingham.”

Ultimately, Russell admitted to falsifying the situation through a statement from her attorney, Emory Anthony.

Russell turned herself into the Hoover Police on July 28 and posted a $2,000 bond.

WBRC chronicled the search for Russell with daily updates, you can watch videos and read more about the investigation here.