Be honest, now

TexasTiger

9 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Who still think Trump wasn’t mocking this guy?

I’m trying to think of any circumstance I would make fun of a handicapped person on stage like this. I can’t. I will never understand a grown man acting this way. Especially one who is so appealing to so many Christians. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I’m trying to think of any circumstance I would make fun of a handicapped person on stage like this. I can’t. I will never understand a grown man acting this way. Especially one who is so appealing to so many Christians. 

when the left said this the right lost their mind. and let me say there were at least a couple of dozen if not more claiming it was a leftest smear against trump. like anyone ever had to make up anything about trump.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

when the left said this the right lost their mind. and let me say there were at least a couple of dozen if not more claiming it was a leftest smear against trump. like anyone ever had to make up anything about trump.

I know what you’re saying but for me it’s not about left or right, just human decency. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

I know what you’re saying but for me it’s not about left or right, just human decency. 

i am all for human decency but i cannot in good faith see this on the right. the party has been hijacked. too many crazies trying to steal elections. trump posted obama's address and of course an armed maga was arrested. the repubs need to govern and quit picking on marginalized people. until they get rid of their crazy problem i will probably never vote for another repub. lies and disinformation are bad and getting people hurt. the poor get basically spit on and they pay taxes so they should count. before clinton i would vote for whom i thought was the best for the country. not anymore. not until they get serious about governing. i understand clinton did a nono but the joy the right got out of all this turned me against them. it should have been between man and wife. and i do not care much for bill like i did but folks mad money when clinton was in office. and the fact trump does the same thing as well as paying illegal money to hush her up is mind blowing to me.

The same Christians that had no issue with him saying that he had never done anything to ask forgiveness for are the same that excused this kind of disgraceful nonsense.  They also supported his comments about John McCain not being a war hero because he was captured in Vietnam.  It is a sickness with no known cure.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

They also supported his comments about John McCain not being a war hero because he was captured in Vietnam. 

A top 10 dark comment ever spoken by an American politician.

• Like 2

I guess that everyone has forgotten that Biden is a chronic liar as well as Trump.  Guy has lied about everything in his past.  He is a creepy perv but all will pass it off as (ahhh he is just a touchy ole man that is just how they were raised).  
just keep up the hypocrisy because Biden and family are woven into the very fabric of political influence, power and corruption.   Trump was an idiot and businessman that people bought into because of the sickness of political system.   

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, aubaseball said:

I guess that everyone has forgotten that Biden is a chronic liar as well as Trump.  Guy has lied about everything in his past.  He is a creepy perv but all will pass it off as (ahhh he is just a touchy ole man that is just how they were raised).  
just keep up the hypocrisy because Biden and family are woven into the very fabric of political influence, power and corruption.   Trump was an idiot and businessman that people bought into because of the sickness of political system.   

You really want to play the decency card while comparing Biden to Trump?

Remember this?

Of course, this is a far right wing Republican describing Joe Biden before Biden was a candidate for office.  It is amazing how that assessment changes after partisan politics kicks in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

You really want to play the decency card while comparing Biden to Trump?

Remember this?

Of course, this is a far right wing Republican describing Joe Biden before Biden was a candidate for office.  It is amazing how that assessment changes after partisan politics kicks in.

Your gullibility across the board is hilarious. 

Hilarious that you think I'm comparing biden and Trump. They both suck, they're both bad. You just can't admit the same thing I can.

Hilarious that you think Lindsey Graham is some far right wing republican. No true conservative respects him. He even got practically booed off the stage in his home state. He's a neocon Ukraine money laundering war monger like McCain was. 

Hilarious you think he was telling the truth then and lying now, instead of just always lying all the time to suit his political needs in that moment in time. He's scum. Just like Trump. And just like biden.

And you need a wakeup call. 

9 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Cost him nothing with most Republicans.

That's because the Democrats didn't provide any competition for a conservative person to vote for. Terrible choice, Trump or Biden. Put the same two up again and I'll hold my nose and vote for Trump again. With all Trump's many faults he's still better for this nation than is Bungling Biden.

15 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

Your gullibility across the board is hilarious. 

Hilarious that you think I'm comparing biden and Trump. They both suck, they're both bad. You just can't admit the same thing I can.

Hilarious that you think Lindsey Graham is some far right wing republican. No true conservative respects him. He even got practically booed off the stage in his home state. He's a neocon Ukraine money laundering war monger like McCain was. 

Hilarious you think he was telling the truth then and lying now, instead of just always lying all the time to suit his political needs in that moment in time. He's scum. Just like Trump. And just like biden.

And you need a wakeup call. 

Not trying to hijack this thread but what exactly is a "true" republican in your view? Are you a "true" republican?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, creed said:

Not trying to hijack this thread but what exactly is a "true" republican in your view? Are you a "true" republican?

No I am not a republican. I was attempting to make a distinction between a true conservative and a republican. We have had this discussion on other threads. I'd say Republicans haven't had a true conservative in office since Eisenhower. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KansasTiger said:

No I am not a republican. I was attempting to make a distinction between a true conservative and a republican. We have had this discussion on other threads. I'd say Republicans haven't had a true conservative in office since Eisenhower. 

Define a true conservative on policy issues.

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Define a true conservative on policy issues.

Restrict the power of the government. Decrease govt spending. Not fighting in never ending wars to finance the military industrial complex. Properly securing our borders, in regards to illegal immigration and drug and human traficking. Protect individual rights and liberties instead of increasing domestic surveillance, invasion of privacy, and restricting and censoring different views. Heck, just the other day in Iowa, Mike Pence didn't have a problem with religious leaders being thrown in jail in Ukraine because they had the wrong views. That's not real Conservatism.

These are all items some candidates give occasional lip service to, but have done the opposite over the last 3 decades or more.

7 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Restrict the power of the government. Decrease govt spending. Not fighting in never ending wars to finance the military industrial complex. Properly securing our borders, in regards to illegal immigration and drug and human traficking. Protect individual rights and liberties instead of increasing domestic surveillance, invasion of privacy, and restricting and censoring different views. Heck, just the other day in Iowa, Mike Pence didn't have a problem with religious leaders being thrown in jail in Ukraine because they had the wrong views. That's not real Conservatism.

These are all items some candidates give occasional lip service to, but have done the opposite over the last 3 decades or more.

Do you see Tucker as a real conservative? 

What should our role be in world affairs? Allies? Do you support NATO?

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Do you see Tucker as a real conservative? 

What should our role be in world affairs? Allies? Do you support NATO?

I see Tucker as one of the few asking the right questions of conservatives. I dont know enough of his personal beliefs to say he is a true conservative. I actually didnt watch his show much.

Electing Donald Trump was a culmination of many factors, one of those being a large base of conservatives rejecting the continued status quo platform and actions of the republican party. Trump wasnt and isnt a conservative. But he emodied the rejection of the establishment. In that, i agree with that part of the movement. Where i get stuck is the continued loyalty after its been shown he is ineffective at changing the status quo. We could have a whole thread on why he was ineffective, from his own faults to the deep rooted corruption that one person isnt going to be able to root it out, if he even really tried to at all. Unfortunately, the party itself seems to want to treat his rise to power as a one off issue and not a shifting of conservatives away from the establishment view of things. The candidates I am seeing presented now are the same token establishment Republicans that will not pursue true conservative values. I only see one candidate who does, and that's Ramsawamy, but I have different issues with him.

I support the idea of NATO, with the understanding that it's a double edged sword and that it needs to be used carefully. Backing NATO right up to Russia's door may not actually be the best thing for peace in the region.

America's role in world affairs needs to be one of peace maker but that isn't really what we have done. We have gone into countless countries and carried out multiple military operations for strategic or other purposes, and become over extended and involved where we should not have been. Iraq and Afganistan should not have happened, and then should not have gone on for the decades they did. The same could probably be said for Yemen and Libya and more. Not to mention I think more could be done to bring the war in Ukraine to a close faster, but that may not be the desire of the current powers in control. Even Tim Scott said in his interview with Tucker they wanted peace eventually, but not a premature peace. Not even sure what that means. If we told Ukraine to sit down and start talking to Russia, they would. But that isn't what we want.

Edited by KansasTiger
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

Throwing Ronald Reagan out with the dish water? Say it ain't so... LOL

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

I see Tucker as one of the few asking the right questions of conservatives. I dont know enough of his personal beliefs to say he is a true conservative. I actually didnt watch his show much.

Electing Donald Trump was a culmination of many factors, one of those being a large base of conservatives rejecting the continued status quo platform and actions of the republican party. Trump wasnt and isnt a conservative. But he emodied the rejection of the establishment. In that, i agree with that part of the movement. Where i get stuck is the continued loyalty after its been shown he is ineffective at changing the status quo. We could have a whole thread on why he was ineffective, from his own faults to the deep rooted corruption that one person isnt going to be able to root it out, if he even really tried to at all. Unfortunately, the party itself seems to want to treat his rise to power as a one off issue and not a shifting of conservatives away from the establishment view of things. The candidates I am seeing presented now are the same token establishment Republicans that will not pursue true conservative values. I only see one candidate who does, and that's Ramsawamy, but I have different issues with him.

I support the idea of NATO, with the understanding that it's a double edged sword and that it needs to be used carefully. Backing NATO right up to Russia's door may not actually be the best thing for peace in the region.

America's role in world affairs needs to be one of peace maker but that isn't really what we have done. We have gone into countless countries and carried out multiple military operations for strategic or other purposes, and become over extended and involved where we should not have been. Iraq and Afganistan should not have happened, and then should not have gone on for the decades they did. The same could probably be said for Yemen and Libya and more. Not to mention I think more could be done to bring the war in Ukraine to a close faster, but that may not be the desire of the current powers in control. Even Tim Scott said in his interview with Tucker they wanted peace eventually, but not a premature peace. Not even sure what that means. If we told Ukraine to sit down and start talking to Russia, they would. But that isn't what we want.

I agree with regard to Iraq, but only partially agree with regard to Afghanistan.  We had every right to destroy every tent and hut housing those connected with 9/11.  We simply should have never undertaken the process of nation building in a place where history tells us doing so is impossible.  What the Allies did after WWII in rebuilding Germany and Japan was genuinely respected by the people of those countries.  However, the existing and historical fabric that those societies were built upon was one that desired better lives for their citizens.  The people of those countries were proud and yet humbled by the gravity of their circumstances.  To say that they were more socially advanced would be an understatement.  A society built around Islamic extremism will never place their people's welfare before their extremist ideology.

As for NATO, I recognize the concerns.  However, Russia isn't in fear of their borders being breached by one of their Scandinavian neighbors.  They simply desire to return to a time when they controlled them.  We can't support countries like Lithuania and their people's right to self govern and simultaneously sacrifice them for the sake of not wanting to make an authoritarian communist dictator angry that they aren't submissive.  The United States hasn't been driving the expansion of NATO, although we have supported that expansion when membership was requested.  Sweden and Finland are natural members of NATO.  Even without membership, as an EU member, we would be drawn into any conflict.  Should Russia ever invade Finland, Germany and France would respond.  Any attack on those countries would then trigger NATO action.

Ukraine has exposed Russia's military and the country's internal problems.  Unfortunately, Russia's nuclear capabilities allow them to continue to push others around and threaten the stability of the entire planet.

I'm also not in favor of the U.S. playing peacekeeper around the world.  However, withdrawing from the world stage would only provide space for oppressive regimes around the world to operate more freely.  Sometimes making the sausage isn't pretty.  The U.K. colonized half the globe at one point because they saw that as the best way to build structured societies in places without.  Their ambitions were partially benevolent and partially self serving.  In much the same way, the U.S. has been engaged in nation building too often since the end of WWII.  The answer still eludes us all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KansasTiger said:

How do you see this one?

47BFFA01-8ACF-40B7-920B-14768AF47ACD.jpeg

On 7/17/2023 at 7:28 AM, Gowebb11 said:

Easy, he's a narcissistic sociopath. 

27 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

How do you see this one?

47BFFA01-8ACF-40B7-920B-14768AF47ACD.jpeg

As low substance and trying to elicit an emotional response from both sides. He may be lousy attorney, I'm not all that familiar with him and his record. But Greene has taken too much to thinking she has to be intentionally inflammatory like Trump. You can bring his record and motives into question without calling him names. 

A rotten apple and a rotten tomato. 

Your choice, 2024