FDR, LBJ and Joe Biden

TexasTiger

Ah, a Ga girl!! Atlanta elected Wornock and Ossoff because of antiTrump sentiment. Rural north ga elected MTG because of pro trump sentiment. All a total disaster and embarrassment - but mtg is a special kind of dumb and crazy.  

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Ah, a Ga girl!! Atlanta elected Wornock and Ossoff because of antiTrump sentiment. Rural north ga elected MTG because of pro trump sentiment. All a total disaster and embarrassment - but mtg is a special kind of dumb and crazy.  

Has Osoff been embarrassing? Disaster? How?

15 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I’ve been fortunate to have only 2 jobs my adult life; the Army and a fortune 100 company. An increasing number of our Congress would be court martialed or fired for their behavior in those organizations. And very few would make it to the C-suite. MTG is a great example; mean spirited and not real bright. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Has Osoff been embarrassing? Disaster? How?

Lazy writing on my part and just lumped him together. He is by far the brightest of the 3. His politics are to liberal for me and probably ga and imo he will be voted out as soon as the trump dynamic gone.

13 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Lazy writing on my part and just lumped him together. He is by far the brightest of the 3. His politics are to liberal for me and probably ga and imo he will be voted out as soon as the trump dynamic gone.

Maybe, but it sounds (from here) likes he’s a nose to grindstone Senator who avoids grandstanding.

https://www.wrbl.com/news/sen-ossoff-opens-new-field-office-in-downtown-columbus-says-its-all-about-constituent-services/amp/

Just now, TexasTiger said:

Maybe, but it sounds (from here) likes he’s a nose to grindstone Senator who avoids grandstanding.

https://www.wrbl.com/news/sen-ossoff-opens-new-field-office-in-downtown-columbus-says-its-all-about-constituent-services/amp/

Again, I’m not saying he’s a bad guy. He’s a simply a liberal in a red state that benefitted from a strong anti trump pushback. 

2 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Again, I’m not saying he’s a bad guy. He’s a simply a liberal in a red state that benefitted from a strong anti trump pushback. 

Maybe. Depends on who he runs against. Kemp & Warnock won the same year. If he runs against someone who’s strongly anti abortion, he might win.

15 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

She actually believes that she is more intelligent than FDR, a man that was elected 4 times, that helped steer the country out of the Great Depression and thru the second World War, while suffering from the debilitating impact of Polio.  What a winner she is ......

I bet her parents enjoy their Social Security and Medicare.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Ossoff is def the weaker of the two Senators.  He will lose the seat if Kemp runs against him.  If it isn't Kemp, it is more of a toss up.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/19/politics/biden-mtg-campaign-ad/index.html

This isn't getting the attention it deserves. I wonder if she was getting back at the GOP for kicking her out of the freedom caucus. I can't for the life of me figure out how she saw speaking like that as a win. 

2 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

How could anyone support improving the human condition in contrast to tax breaks for the wealthy.

We need to support our oligarchs and, aristocracy.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

How could anyone support improving the human condition in contrast to tax breaks for the wealthy.

We need to support our oligarchs and, aristocracy.

Democrats have supported their oligarchs quite well over the years. 

47 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Democrats have supported their oligarchs quite well over the years. 

ever since Citizens United, both sides have

• Like 1

i wish greene and trump would have sex with each other and  get the clap. i am not quite as hateful as either of them but i am getting there.

On 7/16/2023 at 8:58 PM, TexasTiger said:

https://www.wrbl.com/news/sen-ossoff-opens-new-field-office-in-downtown-columbus-says-its-all-about-constituent-Iservices/amp/

I signed-up for Warnock's and Ossoff's newletter over a year ago. I did this for two reasons. One to actually understand what was being discussed and worked on in Washington. And two, to see if communication with their constituents was important.

To date I have received two updates from Warnock and zero from Ossoff. Summary, I will not vote for Ossoff, and possibly not for Warnock. Communication is a key for me. From their feedback I'm not sure they are working at all...they are my employees and I need updates.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, creed said:

I signed-up for Warnock's and Ossoff's newletter over a year ago. I did this for two reasons. One to actually understand what was being discussed and worked on in Washington. And two, to see if communication with their constituents was important.

To date I have received two updates from Warnock and zero from Ossoff. Summary, I will not vote for Ossoff, and possibly not for Warnock. Communication is a key for me. From their feedback I'm not sure they are working at all...they are my employees and I need updates.

Have you ever voted for either of them?

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Have you ever voted for either of them?

I voted for Warnock, but should it matter?

1 minute ago, creed said:

I voted for Warnock, but should it matter?

Well, if you voted for Warnock’s opponent, the odds are there’s nothing he’ll say in a newsletter to change your mind and I suspect the same is true of Ossoff. But most “newsletters” I’ve seen from Congressmen are campaign propaganda created & dispensed with government resources anyway.

• Like 1

Just now, TexasTiger said:

Well, if you voted for Warnock’s opponent, the odds are there’s nothing he’ll say in a newsletter to change your mind and I suspect the same is true of Ossoff. But most “newsletters” I’ve seen from Congressmen are campaign propaganda created & dispensed with government resources anyway.

It shouldn’t matter if I voted for them or not.  I’m their constituent and their or my politics should not get in the way of communicating with me. Am I wrong in my thinking?

4 minutes ago, creed said:

It shouldn’t matter if I voted for them or not.  I’m their constituent and their or my politics should not get in the way of communicating with me. Am I wrong in my thinking?

that is actually a great point.

3 minutes ago, creed said:

I didn’t say you can’t judge their communication or lack thereof. Just saying your declaration that you won’t vote for them based on that assessment may overstate its influence on your voting.