Tubs

tomcat

I greatly prefer Coach/Senator Tuberville over, for example, the two dweebs Georgia elected. We don't have to look very far to see how much worse off we could be.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I greatly prefer Coach/Senator Tuberville over, for example, the two dweebs Georgia elected. We don't have to look very far to see how much worse off we could be.

The Georgia seats were there for the taking by Republicans.  You know why that didn't happen?  His name is Donald J. Trump.  There are enough Republicans that give a damn about candidates lying and resent the actions post 2020 of Trump and his minions in their attempts to discredit a valid election in the state to sway the outcomes. 

Georgia's Republican governor won in a landslide.  That is how they system should work.  The individual candidate should be the deciding factor, moreso than simply the letter next to their name.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

You're brave. I have some thoughts I'd share on this but I don't care about tubs enough or have the time today to get attacked by the leftist mob on this forum and be able to respond accordingly.

• Like 1

God, I hope the GOP allows a strong candidate to primary Tubs in the next election. 

Most of the US already views Alabama as the stereotypical dumb, backwards underbelly of the nation. We shouldn't be doing our best to prove them correct by electing people like Tuberville. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Yes, can Alabama come up with a candidate who is not a retard, is not a racist, is an actual human being with an actual brain and an actual sense of integrity? Do we really want more of this dumbs**t representing our state?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, AU9377 said:

The Georgia seats were there for the taking by Republicans.  You know why that didn't happen?  His name is Donald J. Trump.  There are enough Republicans that give a damn about candidates lying and resent the actions post 2020 of Trump and his minions in their attempts to discredit a valid election in the state to sway the outcomes. 

Georgia's Republican governor won in a landslide.  That is how they system should work.  The individual candidate should be the deciding factor, moreso than simply the letter next to their name.

But instead Georgia ended up with two who make Tuberville look like a fine representative.

20 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

You're brave. I have some thoughts I'd share on this but I don't care about tubs enough or have the time today to get attacked by the leftist mob on this forum and be able to respond accordingly.

For clarification, I’m wondering if that is a defense of Tubs…his knowledge of football is better than his knowledge of government and governing. 

His comments on white nationalism were ridiculous but I’m more upset about what he’s doing to the military. Using them as pawns is sad. Our entire Congress is a shameless shell of leadership from both parties. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

His comments on white nationalism were ridiculous but I’m more upset about what he’s doing to the military. Using them as pawns is sad. Our entire Congress is a shameless shell of leadership from both parties. 

He's using them as pawns? All the military has to do is not pay for travel to out of state places for the purpose of abortions and poof! Tuberville's blocking promotions goes away. Look, if people feel they need a non-medically necessary abortion, fine. I don't have a dog in that fight. However, I don't want to pay for it either.

36 minutes ago, Mikey said:

He's using them as pawns? All the military has to do is not pay for travel to out of state places for the purpose of abortions and poof! Tuberville's blocking promotions goes away. Look, if people feel they need a non-medically necessary abortion, fine. I don't have a dog in that fight. However, I don't want to pay for it either.

Life threatening or victim of rape/incest is their criteria. Hopefully even you can deem those as reasonable protections. And our rights and benefits in this society aren’t a menu where you and I each get to choose what we do and don’t pay for unfortunately. The way our Congress used to work is members would actually propose bills to bring to the floor and be voted on to make such changes as Tubs is requesting. Now they play games with lives and careers like petulant school children. 

IMG_0160.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/12/2023 at 10:26 AM, AU9377 said:

Georgia is still basically a red state. Unless it’s trump. 

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

But instead Georgia ended up with two who make Tuberville look like a fine representative.

The majority of voters in Georgia obviously don't agree, considering the fact that Warnock has already been re-elected to a full term.  He is actually the better of the two in terms of campaigning and his willingness to work across the aisle.  John Ossoff will have a tough time holding his seat, unless Republicans run one of the nutty bunch against him.  It will be a guaranteed flip if Gov Kemp decides to run when his second term is up.

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

It's not just that issue.  He's also pissed that the military is trying to weed out white nationalists.  

But he claims he's against "racism". :-\

He is too stupid to know that a white nationalist is a racist - by definition.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

It's not just that issue.  He's also pissed that the military is trying to weed out white nationalists.  

But he claims he's against "racism". :-\

He is too stupid to know that a white nationalist is a racist - by definition.

I’m starting to think he may be doing his best audition to be DJTs running mate. I wish I could say I am kidding about that but who knows anymore.