Missing Hunter whistleblower & would-be star witness found

TexasTiger

I wonder how many people realize the guy who's being charged for being a Chinese spy was dealing with the same exact Chinese company Hunter Biden received millions from?

1 hour ago, Auburnfan91 said:

I wonder how many people realize the guy who's being charged for being a Chinese spy was dealing with the same exact Chinese company Hunter Biden received millions from?

It is much more complicated than a Chinese firm paying Hunter Biden millions.  The truth is that the estimates are all over the place as to how much, if any, actual income he received from the Chinese company before he resigned his unpaid position with them in 2019.

The reason we will never know exactly what occurred is simple.  There has never been any evidence that a crime was committed. Instead of relations with China relaxing, the opposite occurred while Joe Biden was VP.  Hunter has never held public office and there is no evidence whatsoever that policy decisions were influenced by Hunter's business dealings.

• Like 3

yahoo.com

Fox News regular who accused Hunter Biden of having nefarious ties to China is now being charged with having nefarious ties to China

Katherine Tangalakis-Lippert
6–7 minutes

WASHINGTON, DC - MAY 10: Republican members of the House Oversight and Accountability Committee used a complex chart to present their preliminary findings into an investigation into financial dealings by President Joe Biden's family during a news conference at the U.S. Capitol on May 10, 2023 in Washington, DC. The committee presented bank records they claim are examples of influence peddling by members of the Biden family. Committee member Rep. Nancy Mace (R-SC) said that the Department of Justice "needs to get off its ass" and investigate the Biden family. (Photo by Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)

Republican members of the House Oversight and Accountability Committee used a complex chart to present their preliminary findings into an investigation into financial dealings by President Joe Biden's family during a news conference at the U.S. Capitol on May 10, 2023 in Washington, DC.Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images

• Gal Luft claims he has proof of Hunter Biden profiting off his family name in deals with China.

• Luft himself has been charged by the DOJ with false statements and being a foreign agent of China.

• After months of secrecy surrounding the charges against Luft, the indictment has been unsealed.

A missing witness into the investigation of Hunter Biden's business dealings who claims he has proof of the President's son's corrupt connections to the Chinese government has reappeared after he himself was accused of being a Chinese agent and fled custody.

Days after Gal Luft publicly dared the DOJ to unseal the indictment against him — alleging the charges he's facing are a political attempt to cover up his claims of Hunter Biden's corruption — officials did just that.

The US Attorney's Office on Monday released the indictment against the US-Israeli dual citizen, who was arrested in Cyprus in February on charges of willfully failing to register under the Foreign Agents Registration Act ("FARA"), arms trafficking, Iranian sanctions violations, and making false statements to federal agents.

Luft and the US Attorney's Office in the Southern District of New York, where the charges were filed, did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.

The indictment against Luft

Prosecutors say while Luft was serving as the co-director of a strategic think tank, Analysis of Global Security, he agreed to "covertly recruit and pay" a former high-ranking government official and advisor to then-President Trump to publicly support policies that would benefit China without registering as an agent of a foreign entity.

Luft told the New York Post that the high-ranking official is the former Director of the Central Intelligence Agency, James Woolsey, who also worked as a consultant for Luft's think tank and was a senior advisor in Donald Trump's White House.

Prosecutors allege Luft created a written "dialogue" between Woolsey and an associate at CEFC China Energy, a state-run energy company, which was then published in a Chinese newspaper online.

As Luft was writing, his associate at CEFC China Energy said of Woolsey "[i]n these articles, we do not want to spill all the beans yet, just enough to let 'people' know he is in the corridor of power to be. Just broad stroke policy consideration that leaves plenty of room for interpretation and imagination to be filled in later."

In addition to the alleged actions to influence US policy in favor of China, prosecutors argue Luft "worked to broker a deal for Chinese companies to sell certain weapons to Libya, including anti-tank launchers, grenade launchers, and mortar rounds (which LUFT and his associates referred to in coded language as "toys")."

"LUFT also worked to broker deals for certain weapons to be sold to the United Arab Emirates, including aerial bombs and rockets," the indictment reads.

Luft faces up to 100 years in prison if convicted of the eight counts against him. He vehemently denied the charges to the NY Post, claiming the investigation is politically motivated to prevent him from coming forward to share what he claims is proof of Hunter Biden profiting off his father's name in business deals with Chinese individuals who have ties to military intelligence.

Luft's claims about the Biden family

Through his own connections with CEFC China Energy, Luft said he was able to confirm Hunter Biden's dealings with the company, including meetings with officials and dollar amounts of deals that were completed.

In addition, Luft claimed Hunter Biden was friendly with an FBI agent — a mole called "One Eye" — who Luft says tipped off Hunter's contacts at CEFC to alert them to investigations into their dealings with Biden's son.

In an interview with the New York Post released last Wednesday, where he dared prosecutors to unseal the indictment saying it would "make (his) day," Luft says the charges originate from a meeting he arranged with agents of the FBI in 2019, in Brussels, Belgium, where Luft says he shared information with intelligence agents about the Biden family's connections with CEFC China Energy.

Prior to his father taking office, the now-President's son made multi-million dollar deals with the company in 2017 to complete energy projects that never came to fruition, The Washington Post reported. Hunter is accused of leveraging Joe Biden's name in the deals in what would be a conflict of interest, though it remains unconfirmed whether the elder Biden personally knew about the business dealings.

Emails between Hunter and his business partners make references to saving a percentage of the deal's profits for "the big guy," the NY Post reported, prompting investigations into what Joe Biden knew about the deals.

Christopher Clark, a lawyer for Hunter Biden, did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.

On the run

After being arrested in February — while the indictment against him was still sealed from the public — Luft fled once released on bail.

His whereabouts are currently unknown.

"I volunteered to inform the US government about potential security breach, and about compromising information about a man vying to be the next president," Luft told the NY Post. "I'm now being hunted by the very same people who I informed and may have to live on the run for the rest of my life."

Luft added: "I warned the government about potential risks to the integrity of the 2020 elections ... Just think about it, and ask yourself who's a real criminal in this story?"

Read the original article on Business Insider

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

and as usual the stupidity on the right is mind blowing. ol trump dumbed em all down..............

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

and as usual the stupidity on the right is mind blowing. ol trump dumbed em all down..............

It's ALWAYS projection, isn't it. If you want to know what a republican is guilty of just look up all the things that they are accusing others of. Never fails.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Well...well...well.

hmm I wonder what the top stories are today on FoxNews.com? 

Well, as of 9AM CST the top FoxNews.com story is about a former tennis player "calling out" Megan Rapino about trans people..... Trump going to a UFC event...Ohh..Carmen Electras Top OnlyFans requests.....and how Ukraine is "outraged " at Biden.  

I just cant see why Fox News viewers always seem to rank as more uninformed about politics and world events than people who follow other news sources. 

New York Post 'kinda' covers it, but their entire article is only focused on "But But...what about BIDEN?!?!?😭😭

Edited by CoffeeTiger

Guy probably isn't the best source. But there's no thought to how this might be a cover-up? At all? This guy might be a Chinese spy but that doesnt mean he doesnt have dirt on Hunter at the same time. And maybe he's lying and has other motives. But the timing of this indictment is really convienant. And explains why he was missing, cause the left wanted to arrest him before he could whistleblow. But we will never see his evidence now.

This comes from a place of distrust for the govt, not just the left. I'm just interested in seeing what he had. Weird how we won't get to now. I know it probably doesn't apply here, but we have whistleblower protections for a reason. Cause guilty people tend to attack them.

Edited by KansasTiger
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Most reasonable people would be embarrassed that they placed this much faith in someone as flawed as this man.  Never fear, House Republicans will continue to make wild claims without proving anything.  After all, they aren't saddled with the duty to actually prove something.  The accusations are enough to cloud the picture, which is their goal.

14 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Ms. McConnell would like a word...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Season 5 Omg GIF by The Office - Find & Share on GIPHY

the repubs polished a turd with TRUMP and they want desperately for someone to look as bad or worse than him but it just is not working out for them.

6 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

the repubs polished a turd with TRUMP and they want desperately for someone to look as bad or worse than him but it just is not working out for them.

Unfortunately, fifty, you make some of the conservatives on this board look right in their description of you being obsessed with Trump.

3e71b5b70b13faaa4d950a45319b96db9c2c0d91d1a377c6b845686534532386_1_1.thumb.jpg.675210867b23d1a0ff85376d19ade9f9.jpg

3 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Unfortunately, fifty, you make some of the conservatives on this board look right in their description of you being obsessed with Trump.

3e71b5b70b13faaa4d950a45319b96db9c2c0d91d1a377c6b845686534532386_1_1.thumb.jpg.675210867b23d1a0ff85376d19ade9f9.jpg

this is the problem and why we are here now because no one wants to hold your side accountable. i do not care. you are trying to silence me and it is not going to happen by you. i catch hell on here and i have yet gone crying to the mods.i dish it and i take it. you guys dish it and then want to change the rules so we cannot talk trump anymore. i understand you guys were fools for voting for him.instead of coming down on me you should be trying to make sure he never gets back in office. as for brandon iam posts about him normally several times a day whether it is true or not. but i tell ya what.clean your side up and i will clean me up. but if you think i will stand by and watch someone get trashed when they voted for a turd like and have no right to say anything i will continue to call you and anyone i choose out. and since you cannot make trumplook good for anything is a waste of time so you guys come shooting the messenger and tell folks how personally bad i am to other because all you have left is insults.this is the truth and you know it.

15 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

this is the problem and why we are here now because no one wants to hold your side accountable. i do not care. you are trying to silence me and it is not going to happen by you. i catch hell on here and i have yet gone crying to the mods.i dish it and i take it. you guys dish it and then want to change the rules so we cannot talk trump anymore. i understand you guys were fools for voting for him.instead of coming down on me you should be trying to make sure he never gets back in office. as for brandon iam posts about him normally several times a day whether it is true or not. but i tell ya what.clean your side up and i will clean me up. but if you think i will stand by and watch someone get trashed when they voted for a turd like and have no right to say anything i will continue to call you and anyone i choose out. and since you cannot make trumplook good for anything is a waste of time so you guys come shooting the messenger and tell folks how personally bad i am to other because all you have left is insults.this is the truth and you know it.

You need to take a breath and stop being so hysterical. I haven't seen one poster try and silence you. We can make observations about your posts and their content. Lack of affirmation or disagreement with the content of your posts is not silencing you. Having different priorities in what we think is important for the country is not something to get this hysterical over. You can't demand we vote for your guy cause you think Trump was a crook. You can point out why you think that and make your case, but these last few posts have been over the top.

You have no idea who I voted for last election, and if you've paid any attention, you know I don't plan to vote for Trump or Biden this election. But you keep lumping me in with this broad brush you keep using, and maybe I'll have to start acting like it and vote MAGA.

Edited by KansasTiger

8 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

You need to take a breath and stop being so hysterical. I haven't seen one poster try and silence you. We can make observations about your posts and their content. Lack of affirmation or disagreement with the content of your posts is not silencing you. Having different priorities in what we think is important for the country is not something to get this hysterical over. You can't demand we vote for your guy cause you think Trump was a crook. You can point out why you think that and make your case, but these last few posts have been over the top.

i never told anyone who to vote for so that is rich. i have told folks who not to vote for and it i a legit statement. the truth is trump is scum and you guys were told. you finally figure out it is true so now you want to hear less of trump or about him tho he is the leading gop candidate and this is a pol board. i do not care so much how we differ in viewpoints but the same people taking up for trump and on me about him tried like hell to get me banned from these boards.is this fair? you might not like what i say but i have ever single right to say what i feel needs to be said. and i will continue to do so until. you do realize trump still has a huge following on this board right? he does. not many have changed on trump they are just embarrassed so speak out less. and most on here have admitted they will vote for trump if he is the gop guy. period. so this makes him relevant. i am not changing on trump so lets move on shall we?

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i never told anyone who to vote for so that is rich. i have told folks who not to vote for and it i a legit statement. the truth is trump is scum and you guys were told. you finally figure out it is true so now you want to hear less of trump or about him tho he is the leading gop candidate and this is a pol board. i do not care so much how we differ in viewpoints but the same people taking up for trump and on me about him tried like hell to get me banned from these boards.is this fair? you might not like what i say but i have ever single right to say what i feel needs to be said. and i will continue to do so until. you do realize trump still has a huge following on this board right? he does. not many have changed on trump they are just embarrassed so speak out less. and most on here have admitted they will vote for trump if he is the gop guy. period. so this makes him relevant. i am not changing on trump so lets move on shall we?

I dont think anyone asked you to stop posting about trump specifically. We're just commenting on your habbit to shoehorn him in where he isn't even relevant to the topic. Hey what do you think about the weather today, fifty? WELL IF TRUMP WASNT SUCH A RACIST CROOK...

Edited by KansasTiger

And with that, I'm spent. Where the hell have most of the more sane posters been today? Feel like I'm battling this board on four fronts today. I'm looking at you @I_M4_AU. It's been me and 23 damn liberals arguing all day.

45 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

And with that, I'm spent. Where the hell have most of the more sane posters been today? Feel like I'm battling this board on four fronts today. I'm looking at you @I_M4_AU. It's been me and 23 damn liberals arguing all day.

You’re doing stellar work, too.  I’ve had errands to run, but I’m back now.  Fifty is just too far out there with his obsession with Trump.  Its best not to engage.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I have no idea what this guy's background is, but all you have to do is read FARA and it is in plain view why FARA isn't applicable to Hunter Biden.  In order to make it applicable, you have to assume lobbying on the part of the alleged foreign agent.

Edited by AU9377

7 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I have no idea what this guy's background is, but all you have to do is read FARA and it is in plain view why FARA isn't applicable to Hunter Biden.  In order to make it applicable, you have to assume lobbying on the part of the alleged foreign agent.

Hunter Biden was getting 'consulting' fees as part of an agreement with the Chinese company.

Biden made $5.8 million, more than half his total earnings from 2013 to 2018, from two deals with Chinese business interests.

Biden’s most lucrative business relationship was acting as a consultant in a project with a company that belongs to a once-powerful Chinese businessman who is now thought to be detained in his homeland. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/analysis-hunter-bidens-hard-drive-shows-firm-took-11-million-2013-2018-rcna29462

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Hunter Biden was getting 'consulting' fees as part of an agreement with the Chinese company.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/analysis-hunter-bidens-hard-drive-shows-firm-took-11-million-2013-2018-rcna29462

Getting paid by Chinese, Ukrainian,  Peruvian or any other country not subject to U.S. sanctions is not illegal in and of itself.  For FARA to apply, there would need to be some evidence that he represented the foreign country or business interest in some way in their dealings with the U.S. government.  I have never claimed that I liked his willingness to accept money from foreign firms.  Unfortunately, the practice is common and Chinese business seeks out family members of high level elected officials in the U.S. often in hopes of establishing good will that they can capitalize on down the road.

The same types of overtures have been extended to Ivanka Trump and her brothers, several members of the Bush family, and other lawmakers, like the sister in law of Mitch McConnel, who is on the board of the Bank of China.