hey media, what the **** are you doing normalizing nazi moms and fascist judges?

Open in app or online
  mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fsubstackcdn.com%2  
credit: Alex Nabaum, The New Republic

two things happened in the media recently that have me once again gluing together all the pieces of my exploded head.

the first atrocity had to do with the Moms for Liberty. you know these shitheads — they’re that bunch of far-right extremist book-banning transphobic busybodies who put an actual goddamned Adolf Hitler quote into the top of one of their newsletters and then wondered what all the fuss was about when decent people pitched them a well-earned s***-fit.

what the hell, moms?

this is all pretty newsworthy stuff, and so naturally the press started paying attention to these fascist moms.

ABC News got into the act. I hope you’re sitting down right now, because here’s their tweet promoting their coverage.

oh my god. oh my ******* god. “joyful warriors.” what — not to put too fine a point on it — IN ACTUAL ****?

the article itself was just as bad.

They’re mad at their teachers, their principals, their president. And now they’re fighting back through school boards, local elections and — if they get their way — their next president.

This weekend’s Moms for Liberty conference showcases how local issues like education can have tremendous, galvanizing national influence, as Gov. Ron DeSantis, former President Donald Trump, and former U.N. ambassador Nikki Haley tried to woo nearly 700 attendees of the over 150,000-member group Friday.

got that? just some perfectly normal concerned moms, out doing perfectly normal concerned moms things, nothing to see here, let’s all move on.

oh, by the way, what are they mad about? is it after-school hockey practice?

no, they’re mad about the usual extremist bull****: drag performers, trans people, and, as always, woke. woke is a noun now, by the way.

the article eventually gets around to mentioning this, but in passing, as if it were the least-important thing that anyone needs to know about these Hitler Fans for Liberty.

come on, ABC.

this type of reporting would be bad enough if it were from an understaffed and underfunded community newspaper, but for ****’s sake, you’re ABC News. you’re our national media. we depend on you to keep us informed, not to print verbatim from whatever press release these Libety Dipshits sent you.

the second atrocity happened yesterday afternoon, as I was driving down to Mt. Kisco (name-checked as fanservice to my Westchester County readers. hi there!) to run some errands. I had the radio tuned to WNYC, the New York City public station, and I didn’t catch the name of the woman who was being interviewed about the Supreme Court, but she said

“… well, sure, there were a few conservatives rulings right at the end of the session, but there were also a lot of decisions that should make the left happy—”

I didn’t hear what she said after that because I reflexively stabbed the off button so hard that I sprained my index finger.

NPR, ladies and gentlemen, your so-called liberal media.

media, what in god’s own actual **** are we doing here?

America is sliding ever-rapidly towards authoritarianism. we’re about to hit a tipping point from which there will be no return.

you can’t be out here tippy-toeing around extremist activities, and both-sides-ing judicial malpractice.

do some reading about what happens to your beloved freedom of the press under fascist regimes. believe me, you don’t want to go there.

do you really imagine that the leopards are never going to eat your face?

wake the **** up. do better. for your own good, if not for ours.

everyone is entitled to my own opinion is a reader-supported publication. To receive new posts and support my work, consider becoming a free or paid subscriber.

Edited by aubiefifty
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• aubiefifty changed the title to hey media, what the **** are you doing normalizing nazi moms and fascist judges?

You and the author of that article have at least one thing in common. Your blind hatred for anything not liberal extremist clouds your visions until you have not even the most basic understanding of things. The author doesn't have enough sense to understand why the Hitler quote is there and what its purpose is, and you must not either since you posted this article.

These moms ARE the normal. The few weirdos in the teaching profession deserve to be called what they are. Weirdos.

To a different point: This is supposed to be a "family site". Do you think what you posted is appropriate? I've seen much, much less offensive things removed for violating the rules here.

Edited by Mikey
  • Dislike 1

I dont think it was in good taste or a good idea to put a Hitler quote in their newsletter because of this type of stuff that ends up twisting things to suit a narrative. That quote isn't some support of Hitler, but to show how often times people with agendas go after children. It's showing that how the trans movement is going after kids is dangerous. Now, was this a smart comparison to try and make with how explosive and nuanced it can be? No. You don't want people to have to make any type of inference or logical connections when using a Hitler quote, you need to spell the whole thing out to avoid someone writing a giant hate article about you. But the author took some massive leaps to get as spun up as he is.

Edited by KansasTiger
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

39 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

I dont think it was in good taste or a good idea to put a Hitler quote in their newsletter because of this type of stuff that ends up twisting things to suit a narrative. That quote isn't some support of Hitler, but to show how often times people with agendas go after children. It's showing that how the trans movement is going after kids is dangerous. Now, was this a smart comparison to try and make with how explosive and nuanced it can be? No. You don't want people to have to make any type of inference or logical connections when using a Hitler quote, you need to spell the whole thing out to avoid someone writing a giant hate article about you. But the author took some massive leaps to get as spun up as he is.

out of every picture i have seen of these ladies why are their no black women? did i just miss it? it

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

You and the author of that article have at least one thing in common. Your blind hatred for anything not liberal extremist clouds your visions until you have not even the most basic understanding of things. The author doesn't have enough sense to understand why the Hitler quote is there and what its purpose is, and you must not either since you posted this article.

These moms ARE the normal. The few weirdos in the teaching profession deserve to be called what they are. Weirdos.

To a different point: This is supposed to be a "family site". Do you think what you posted is appropriate? I've seen much, much less offensive things removed for violating the rules here.

folks have posted worse than me but keep being selective as usual.

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

out of every picture i have seen of these ladies why are their no black women? did i just miss it? it

folks have posted worse than me but keep being selective as usual.

Well yeah, that's obviously evidence they're nazi mom's. Good catch, I didn't think of checking a few pictures for how they're doing on their DEI.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

fiddy is no Liberal Extremist. That is just crap.

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Here you go; mom’s aren’t going to take it anymore.

I've noticed that Daily Wire is waaaaay in the corner of DeSantis. There's even some circumstantial evidence they helped him produce some of his campaign announcement tvs spots. Heck maybe he thinks it's a great ad cause they helped her with this too. So call me shocked when Klavan stumps for DeSantis while trying to make it look like he's 'unimpressed' so far.

But, that aside. Mom's banding together to fight indoctrination of their kids being called extremists is just par for the course. Glad the moms are doing something, but they need to homeschool their kids. Public Education is a cesspool.

8 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

I've noticed that Daily Wire is waaaaay in the corner of DeSantis. There's even some circumstantial evidence they helped him produce some of his campaign announcement tvs spots. Heck maybe he thinks it's a great ad cause they helped her with this too. So call me shocked when Klavan stumps for DeSantis while trying to make it look like he's 'unimpressed' so far.

But, that aside. Mom's banding together to fight indoctrination of their kids being called extremists is just par for the course. Glad the moms are doing something, but they need to homeschool their kids. Public Education is a cesspool.

The Daily Wire wants Republicans to win the White House and believes Trump can’t do it.  Trump will never win the Independents unless Biden just falls apart on the economy.  Even then, the Dems will come up with someone (Newsom) to carry on the lunacy.

Klavan is the man over there.  I enjoy his take on a lot of issues.  He has a podcast on Near-Death Experiences that is fascinating dated July 5th.  I highly recommend it.

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

The Daily Wire wants Republicans to win the White House and believes Trump can’t do it.  Trump will never win the Independents unless Biden just falls apart on the economy.  Even then, the Dems will come up with someone (Newsom) to carry on the lunacy.

Klavan is the man over there.  I enjoy his take on a lot of issues.  He has a podcast on Near-Death Experiences that is fascinating dated July 5th.  I highly recommend it.

I'll listen to it if you listen to an episode of No Agenda with Adam Curry and John C Dvorak. 

Just now, KansasTiger said:

I'll listen to it if you listen to an episode of No Agenda with Adam Curry and John C Dvorak. 

Deal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

I’m not reneging, but 3 hours as opposed to 26 minutes.  It may take a while.

It is not the media's responsibility to teach us human decency, to help us recognize hate and bigotry.  WE have to stand up to those who would be fine with the Nazi mentality.

Moreover, the media as a whole,,, doesn't really care.  The media has done a magnificent job manipulating our society.  WE have done a lousy job maintaining our independence of thought.

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

I’m not reneging, but 3 hours as opposed to 26 minutes.  It may take a while.

Yeah...I meant to warn you. Listen to around the first donation segment. It's usually around an hour in. If you don't care for it, bail. 

I listen on my commutes to and from work.

• Like 1

you guys can give me all the crap you want.when you quote hitler who killed six million  jews,blacks, and retarded folks i do not want to hear your bull. even if they are the kind gentle nazi's of today. rolls eyes. my grandfather fought them twice and he had nothing kind to say about them.

8 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

you guys can give me all the crap you want.when you quote hitler who killed six million  jews,blacks, and retarded folks i do not want to hear your bull. even if they are the kind gentle nazi's of today. rolls eyes. my grandfather fought them twice and he had nothing kind to say about them.

Hitler was quoted as an example of the evil that some today are trying to do to children. If you cannot see that, get some new glasses.

In what two wars did your grandfather fight nazis? I had two uncles and a step father who fought nazis, but none of them fought nazis in two wars. Enlighten me as to what war my history books didn't mention.

11 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

At the end of the day, despite the author of this article's opinion, yours, or mine, the result is the same. Parents are no longer going to stand idly by and let people with an agenda influence their kids. And calling them extremists, nazis, whatever you like, isn't going to get them to back down now. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

At the end of the day, despite the author of this article's opinion, yours, or mine, the result is the same. Parents are no longer going to stand idly by and let people with an agenda influence their kids. And calling them extremists, nazis, whatever you like, isn't going to get them to back down now. 

i agree with this. you raise YOUR kids the way you want and give others the sane courtesy which many of you will not. that is the way this works. mickey as for you buster those nazi guys wear special patches that proclaim them a murder unit. they call them the right wing death squad  patch and wear  those patches freely. sorry i am not buying it. and look kansas you keep telling me what i posted and how wrong it is and it is beginning to get old. i like you but i google a lot of these magas's and right wingers that want to overthrow the country because they think libs are commies. i will not allow exteremists to run saying and doing what ever they want. you guys are worried about a man wanting to wear a dress when trump and many of his followers would allow trump to take over this country. they already rose up. i am sick of it. trump is a thug and no one will admit what trump is i have seen but salty and iam. the rest cray when i mention trump but it is a political board and he remains in the headlines and is more than fair game. if people were not enabling him there would be very little to see. i do not tell anyone what to think. no one. but i do tell you if it is stupid as hell. and we let stupid run rampant in this country anymore. the right wants you to fit in a nice neat little box they THEY want. and again kansas a lot of my comments are throwing it right back in the face of many that have done it to me for years. so some of it is personal.

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

mickey as for you buster those nazi guys wear special patches that proclaim them a murder unit. they call them the right wing death squad  patch and wear  those patches freely. sorry i am not buying it.

What the hell are you talking about? You said your grandfather fought the Nazis twice. I asked what two wars he fought Nazis in.

Did the SS have special patches circa 1940? I suppose so but what that's got to do with this conversation is a mystery.