Tits and Cocaine at the White House

DKW 86

18 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

My positions on the budget & foreign policy are right of center.  My positions on civil liberties and universal health care are left of center.  I would argue that health care should not be a left or right issue, but a human rights issue based in decency.  Joe Biden has never been a candidate that I was excited to vote for.  Even so, I can see the right wing machine a mile away as it alleges everything possible without the slightest bit of real evidence.  I understand how the DOJ works.  That understanding is why I am confident that when something is not pursued, the reason is more than simply politics.  That isn't as sexy as believing in some grand conspiracy, but it is life.

Look. Jack. I GOT HAIRY LEGS 🦵.  Not a joke.

What I think you are (way left, more than you think) isn't going to change what you think you are. I think @auburnatl1 sounds closer to right of center than you by a mile, and im not even sure right of center is the right word for him. Which tells me you're not even in the same ballpark. I haven't heard you say one conservative point or one thing critical of liberals since I've frequented this side of the forum. I have heard you squawk liberal talking points like a parott who watches MSNBC, though, with excuses left and right for the current admin.

But in today's world, all you have to do is identify as right of center and I guess you magically are.

Just the facts, jack.

Edited by KansasTiger
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

But in today's world, all you have to do is identify as right of center and I guess you magically are.

Same could be said of the "independent thinkers" :-\

• Haha 1

Well, I certainly agree that you don't fit that bill.

That's fine. I also agree you don't fit that bill.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

What I think you are (way left, more than you think) isn't going to change what you think you are. I think @auburnatl1 sounds closer to right of center than you by a mile, and im not even sure right of center is the right word for him. Which tells me you're not even in the same ballpark. I haven't heard you say one conservative point or one thing critical of liberals since I've frequented this side of the forum. I have heard you squawk liberal talking points like a parott who watches MSNBC, though, with excuses left and right for the current admin.

Just the facts, jack.

There are no longer right of center politicians. (maybe manchin or sinema). They used to be northern republicans (Rockefeller) or southern democrats (Sam nunn). Today, compromise is weakness and political death, and it’s all about destroying those who disagree with you 

Yep, the perfect environment for a healthy democracy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

There are no longer right of center politicians. (maybe manchin or sinema). They used to be northern republicans (Rockefeller) or southern democrats (Sam nunn). Today, compromise is weakness and political death, and it’s all about destroying those who disagree with you 

Yep, the perfect environment for a healthy democracy.

It may come from compromise creating room for the left to push center further left. 13 years ago, people were arguing about gay marriage and slippery slopes and whatnot. I'm not commenting on whether gay marriage is right or wrong, but being against it wasn't considered hard alt right. Even Obama wasn't for it at first. But as compromise occurred, the center moved. Now if I held on to the exact same beliefs I had just 10 years ago (or less), I'd be considered an alt right extremist. When I was center less than a decade ago.

Edited by KansasTiger
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

I'm shocked. That hurts coming from a liberal forum cheerleader. 

Great comeback. Swap out liberal with conservative and it describes you the same way 😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, arein0 said:

Great comeback. Swap out liberal with conservative and it describes you the same way 😂

So far your comebacks are just repeating what I say. Stop while you're behind, buddy.

50 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Just the facts, jack.

I was pretty clear last week when I agreed with the Supreme Court's affirmative action decision.  I also think it is ridiculous to change the names of military bases and sports teams to satisfy people who didn't realize they should be offended until recently. 

I simply detest the poison that most right wing media has become.  It makes a mockery of everything good this country has stood for and does it all for the sake of making money.  I make an effort to never be personal when I comment, regardless of how illogical I believe someone else's opinion is on a topic.

Interestingly enough, I have never watched anything on MSNBC. I couldn't even tell you what channel it is on my cable package.

Edited by AU9377

5 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I was pretty clear last week when I agreed with the Supreme Court's affirmative action decision.  I also think it is ridiculous to change the names of military bases and sports teams to satisfy people who didn't realize they should be offended until recently. 

Interestingly enough, I have never watched anything on MSNBC. I couldn't even tell you what channel it is on my cable package.

I dont think agreeing that racism in selection processes and being against woke renaming of teams and bases are right positions. Like the first two common sense things ive seen you say, though, so who knows. Give me a real right of center stance. Something I can dig my teeth into. I'd call @TexasTiger more center based on just those two stances. And we've had THAT discussion before...haha

Edited by KansasTiger

So far your comebacks are just repeating what I say. Stop while you're behind, buddy.

Why waste time coming up with new comebacks when your comebacks describe yourself? Plus your initial "comeback" is exactly what you are complaining that I am now doing. 

• Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

I dont think agreeing that racism in selection processes and being against woke renaming of teams and bases are right positions. Like the first two common sense things ive seen you say, though, so who knows. Give me a real right of center stance. Something I can dig my teeth into. I'd call @TexasTiger more center based on just those two stances. And we've had THAT discussion before...haha

I don't need to justify who I am.  I was simply trying to convey a better understanding.  I am much more concerned about the right thing being done than I am whether it is a left or right talking point.

6 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I don't need to justify who I am.  I was simply trying to convey a better understanding.  I am much more concerned about the right thing being done than I am whether it is a left or right talking point.

Thats fair. But the lens you apply right and wrong is of the left variety of late, is my only point.

2 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

I understand. Many people in the humanities and arts would say exactly the same thing. Monet wouldn’t want to be called an impressionist. Too many exceptions and considerations. But he’s dead and we do.  Irs the nature of most people - to box things.

When in Rome.

Strongly disagree.  Just because most are ignorant is no reason to become ignorant.  Just because people accept the diversion to the truth,,, that does not make the diversion true.

It is time we learn what left and right really mean in terms of REAL politics.  It is time we all break from the inane party line politics.  We should not cheer for a "team" as though we are fans.

3 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I simply detest the poison that most right wing media has become.  It makes a mockery of everything good this country has stood for and does it all for the sake of making money.  I make an effort to never be personal when I comment, regardless of how illogical I believe someone else's opinion is on a topic.

I haven’t watched it lately, but when I did, the only two you came close to were two Republicans— Nicole Wallace & Joe Scarborough. Now, I know the folks on the right here will call them RINOs, but he was a Contract with America Republican with a 95% conservative voting record re-elected overwhelming in a district that last voted for a D President in 1960.

2 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

Thats fair. But the lens you apply right and wrong is of the left variety of late, is my only point.

These days anyone left of Atilla the Hun is deemed a squishy librul.

• Like 1

So. The Secret Service now admits that they have no idea who is responsible for the cocaine at the WH. 

Right…bull****. 

They know, they are just too ashamed to tell us? Seems to be the realist’s take on all this. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

So. The Secret Service now admits that they have no idea who is responsible for the cocaine at the WH. 

Right…bull****. 

They know, they are just too ashamed to tell us? Seems to be the realist’s take on all this. 

By not telling us. They're telling us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Right…bull****. 

The *investigation* was done shortly after the cocaine was found when they said “we may never know whose drugs they are”.  Self fulfilling prophecy.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

By not telling us. They're telling us.

What would you have them do?  You have an assumption that they can see on camera where the little baggy came from.  They claim not to be able to determine that.  They also announced that there were no fingerprints or DNA on the baggy.  Why is any of that a blatant falsehood?  Why is your assumption the most likely scenario?

Having no evidence that points to one person, they are left to investigate every person that entered that room over the span of several days.  Do you really think this warrants a fishing expedition like that?  They don't have the authority to drug test everyone and even if they did, the amount of time that has passed would make that another useless exercise.

What do you want?  Don't say honesty, because you have no evidence whatsoever that you aren't currently getting that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

What would you have them do?  You have an assumption that they can see on camera where the little baggy came from.  They claim not to be able to determine that.  They also announced that there were no fingerprints or DNA on the baggy.  Why is any of that a blatant falsehood?  Why is your assumption the most likely scenario?

Having no evidence that points to one person, they are left to investigate every person that entered that room over the span of several days.  Do you really think this warrants a fishing expedition like that?  They don't have the authority to drug test everyone and even if they did, the amount of time that has passed would make that another useless exercise.

What do you want?  Don't say honesty, because you have no evidence whatsoever that you aren't currently getting that.

If this happened in Trump’s WH the folks screaming now would have blamed “the deep state.” “No prints? Professionals planted that coke.”

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

You have an assumption that they can see on camera where the little baggy came from.  They claim not to be able to determine that.  They also announced that there were no fingerprints or DNA on the baggy.  Why is any of that a blatant falsehood?  Why is your assumption the most likely scenario?

I think they are lying. No fingerprints and no DNA? Whoever dropped that baggie planned ahead, wore sterile gloves and was otherwise extremely careful? Hogwash! My best guess is the giggling hyena, VEEP Kamela Harris. They would have been watching Hunter closely in order to prevent such as this.

• Thanks 1