You might be a racist if…

they do not try to hide it anymore. i just read where whites are now a minority in texas now. i think yahoo posted it. my point is they are getting more and more desperate to keeppower but they know changes are coming........

I have never understood the vitriol directed at Michelle Obama.  She was a wonderful First Lady and represented this country around the globe with class and dignity.  Personally, I agreed with the court's decision on this particular issue, but that doesn't mean that I don't have a ton of respect for her point of view.  It is valid and her concerns are real.  She and her husband are both examples of what I was always taught the American dream was all about.  Without examples like themselves, how are any disadvantaged kids supposed to believe that they have the slightest degree of hope in improving their lives and the lives of those around them?

• Like 5
  • Facepalm 1

Didn't she say  that she was never proud of her country until Obama was elected President?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cole256 said:

If she did so what? 

Not very smart on her words. Plus, this country gave her the opportunities to succeed, so to be so ungrateful and out of touch, doesn’t speak well for her.

What do you think Cole? Are you proud to be an American and live in this great country?

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

The country didn't give anything. The people who gave their lives to fight for freedom and equality to ALL people gave that. Like anything I'm proud of the things that's worth being proud over. I'm ashamed of many things that has taken place as well.

It's ridiculous to try to make people love something to the same extent that you may love when you know there has been a very big discrepancy as far as the treatment of people. 

Like if I asked you are you proud of the way this country came and murdered people and took their land and resources I don't imagine you could just say yes. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

Like if I asked you are you proud of the way this country came and murdered people and took their land and resources I don't imagine you could just say yes. 

You-sure-about-that GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 1

On 7/2/2023 at 6:05 AM, aubiefifty said:

they do not try to hide it anymore. i just read where whites are now a minority in texas now. i think yahoo posted it. my point is they are getting more and more desperate to keeppower but they know changes are coming........

Whites have been minorities in California for some time.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Yes and remember what Obama's pastor said?

The very reason that this country is different from other powerful governments throughout recorded history is that its citizens are not required to be silent in their dissent.  That comment was completely distorted by right wing media. This is the quote...

"For the first time in my adult life, I am really proud of my country because it feels like hope is finally making a comeback"

She didn't say that she wasn't proud to be an American before that time or anything sinister.  She simply said that she was really proud of her country at that time and gave reasons.  This is no different than looking at someone that has disappointed you at times in the past and telling them "I am really proud of you right now."

As for the pastor, Obama explained it well.  He didn't endorse the comment.  Being from the South, his explanation should have been easy to understand.  In summary, he explained that he could love the man without loving every word that came from his mouth.  He compared it to his grandfather.  He never doubted that his grandfather loved him or that he loved his grandfather, but his grandfather was not pleased that his mother got pregnant by a man from Africa.  I think you can figure out the rest.

I wasn't very proud of my country when I buried two friends while they served occupying Iraq for no appreciable reason.  Neither of them were proud to be there and their families weren't proud that the U.S. government wasted the lives of their sons occupying a sandbox enriching American contractors while rebuilding their infrastructure.

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

The very reason that this country is different from other powerful governments throughout recorded history is that its citizens are not required to be silent in their dissent.  That comment was completely distorted by right wing media. This is the quote...

"For the first time in my adult life, I am really proud of my country because it feels like hope is finally making a comeback"

She didn't say that she wasn't proud to be an American before that time or anything sinister.  She simply said that she was really proud of her country at that time and gave reasons.  This is no different than looking at someone that has disappointed you at times in the past and telling them "I am really proud of you right now."

As for the pastor, Obama explained it well.  He didn't endorse the comment.  Being from the South, his explanation should have been easy to understand.  In summary, he explained that he could love the man without loving every word that came from his mouth.  He compared it to his grandfather.  He never doubted that his grandfather loved him or that he loved his grandfather, but his grandfather was not pleased that his mother got pregnant by a man from Africa.  I think you can figure out the rest.

I wasn't very proud of my country when I buried two friends while they served occupying Iraq for no appreciable reason.  Neither of them were proud to be there and their families weren't proud that the U.S. government wasted the lives of their sons occupying a sandbox enriching American contractors while rebuilding their infrastructure.

Very nice rationalization. You should apply to be Biden's next Press Sec.😀

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Very nice rationalization. You should apply to be Biden's next Press Sec.😀

A bag of rocks and a tape recorder can do as good of a job as Piere Jean Claude van dam. Just have to stand there and say 'I've got nothing on that' and call yourself a 'historic figure'. And then call in Kirby when things get real heated.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

A bag of rocks and a tape recorder can do as good of a job as Piere Jean Claude van dam. Just have to stand there and say 'I've got nothing on that' and call yourself a 'historic figure'. And then call in Kirby when things get real heated.

Uh do you really want to compare her to this parade of clowns? Really?

GettyImages-632865330-588e87a55f9b5874ee779a3b.webp

SandersBriefing_060518_SS_32.jpg

170721-sean-spicer-2-ew-1201p.jpg

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Uh do you really want to compare her to this parade of clowns? Really?

GettyImages-632865330-588e87a55f9b5874ee779a3b.webp

SandersBriefing_060518_SS_32.jpg

170721-sean-spicer-2-ew-1201p.jpg

You didn't include Kayleigh! Who imo was one of the better PS we have had in a long time. I wasnt aware Kellyanne was ever PS. Spicer was bad. I don't like play the compare game cause I don't consider any of them on my side either. They're all propaganda machines and liars. But I prefer they at least be prepared and competent. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

You didn't include Kayleigh! Who imo was one of the better PS we have had in a long time. I wasnt aware Kellyanne was ever PS. Spicer was bad. I don't like play the compare game cause I don't consider any of them on my side either. They're all propaganda machines and liars. But I prefer they at least be prepared and competent. 

Ahh people always forget to mention that they also don't like Trump's band of ridiculous PS's when they are attacking Biden's PS. Just like they forget that Melania Trump was undoubtably the worst first lady in the history of the country when they are attacking Michelle Obama, who did absolutely nothing but show grace and class, while people were calling her "monkey" and "trans" for 8 years.

I swear we are all living in two completely different realms at this point in history. I can't for the life of me figure out how all of these both sides arguments can be made seriously. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Ahh people always forget to mention that they also don't like Trump's band of ridiculous PS's when they are attacking Biden's PS. Just like they forget that Melania Trump was undoubtably the worst first lady in the history of the country when they are attacking Michelle Obama, who did absolutely nothing but show grace and class, while people were calling her "monkey" and "trans" for 8 years.

I swear we are all living in two completely different realms at this point in history. I can't for the life of me figure out how all of these both sides arguments can be made seriously. 

So every time I post an opinion I have to caveat it with how I felt about it during Trump Admin, too? That's just tiresome. Just ask me and I'll tell you, like I just did lol. But the current PS is bad, and whether Trump's were good or bad doesn't have bearing on that fact.

I havent said much on Michelle, don't feel the need to until they set her up for her unwarranted inevitable presidential run.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AU9377 said:

How do you take this quote and come up with the explanation that you came up with.   It literally says, for the first time in her adult life.    It doesn’t say part time, 2nd time or any other time.   Again, for the first time in adult life.   
Now, was she proud at all as a child? I don’t know, it wasn’t mentioned.   

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

Once again if you are let's say African American. You literally was cut from your lineage and you know generations of your family was enslaved.....how can some of you that are white feel that you can force a person to feel 100% proud of the country that was built off the backs of your ancestors.

Mind you many of you that even have a problem with it won't even acknowledge racism to this day? That's just plain stupid to me

To me that's like having two workers at a job, one you treat fairly, you listen to and empower, you train to move up.

The other you ignore, you mistreat and belittle, you don't show them a future at the company.....how could you have a problem that one loves his job and the other dreads the job? They both have jobs, they both are getting paid but you can't shame one into feeling the way you want

Edited by cole256
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, aubaseball said:

How do you take this quote and come up with the explanation that you came up with.   It literally says, for the first time in her adult life.    It doesn’t say part time, 2nd time or any other time.   Again, for the first time in adult life.   
Now, was she proud at all as a child? I don’t know, it wasn’t mentioned.   

Your assumption is based on your already formed opinion that somehow views her in a negative light.  If you want to parse words, we could assume that she has been proud, but that she is now especially proud.  Is that more pleasing somehow?  Again, this is much to do about nothing.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

So every time I post an opinion I have to caveat it with how I felt about it during Trump Admin, too? That's just tiresome. Just ask me and I'll tell you, like I just did lol. But the current PS is bad, and whether Trump's were good or bad doesn't have bearing on that fact.

I havent said much on Michelle, don't feel the need to until they set her up for her unwarranted inevitable presidential run.

If you listened to anything that she has said, running for President is the last thing she will ever do.

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Yes... Melania literally is quoted when having to decorate the White House for Christmas as saying F*** Christmas and then proceed605a6a4bdb1599a9f6d10d3eecdeaca6f3-26-melania-trump-red-trees.rhorizontal.w700.webping to make the White House look like the Kremlin, but she gets no flack for that.

10 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

If you listened to anything that she has said, running for President is the last thing she will ever do.

We'll see. Bookmark this quote. People in highly public arenas never say things they think people just want to hear. Pine box and everything, right?

21 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Yes... Melania literally is quoted when having to decorate the White House for Christmas as saying F*** Christmas and then proceed605a6a4bdb1599a9f6d10d3eecdeaca6f3-26-melania-trump-red-trees.rhorizontal.w700.webping to make the White House look like the Kremlin, but she gets no flack for that.

Link to where she said that?