InSanitis wants to eliminate Federal departments

AURex

So, InSaniteris has now said that he would eliminate four Federal agengies altogether. Just wipe them out.

Department of Commerce
Department of Energy
Department of Education
Internal Revenue Service

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/desantis-says-eliminate-four-federal-agencies-elected-president-rcna91733

PS -- I escaped Florida in 2016.

Edited by AURex
  • Sad 1

"Ask your doctor if once a day DeSantis is right for you"

20230628_224010.thumb.jpg.e20909d37b06feb2a5620db50b65b505.jpg

8 hours ago, AUDub said:

"Ask your doctor if once a day DeSantis is right for you"

20230628_224010.thumb.jpg.e20909d37b06feb2a5620db50b65b505.jpg

Look at that short to kneecap ratio.

Disappointed Disgusted GIF - Disappointed Disgusted Whats Going On -  Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 2

Deleting half the federal government has been a Conservative/Libertarian fever dream for over a decade now. 

Key part of the quote is "If Congress will work with me on doing that" . 

They wouldn't, and I think DeSantis knows they wouldn't so that's why he feels comfortable saying it. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

This is much better than the Biden approach which is force a vaccine mandate on the US citizens and unilaterally forgive student loans and let the SCOTUS decide.  DeSantis’ approach is called democracy.

• Dislike 2

22 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

This is much better than the Biden approach which is force a vaccine mandate on the US citizens and unilaterally forgive student loans and let the SCOTUS decide.  DeSantis’ approach is called democracy.

They would have to strap me down and jab me before I'd get it. I was two weeks from being fired when the courts stopped the govt contractor mandate. It was stressful. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

27 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Hey, let's just eliminate taxes all together!   :-\

Stop getting my hopes up. We can print money whenever we want and practically do so, right? So why pay taxes?...

I'm 50% joking. But I'm 50% not.

6 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Stop getting my hopes up. We can print money whenever we want and practically do so, right? So why pay taxes?...

I'm 50% joking. But I'm 50% not.

Yeah, well it's the latter "50%" that represents the problem with Republican economics.

it is a crime seniors still have to pay property tax after they retire. that hacks my lily...............

6 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

it is a crime seniors still have to pay property tax after they retire. that hacks my lily...............

I kinda think it's a crime I have to keep paying the govt at all to keep owning something. I'm not sure I get why they have a right to it at all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KansasTiger said:

I kinda think it's a crime I have to keep paying the govt at all to keep owning something. I'm not sure I get why they have a right to it at all.

they just passed a law somewhere in one of the states or maybe the country you cannot work on your car anymore. like rebuilding the engine i assume. that is in cali for a fact unless i was hoodooed and it came up again recently and i think the feds got involved. if so i am disappointed in joe but he might be doing it because people are throwing chems into creeks and it is getting into ground water or something? it just seems like over kill. like you cannot collect rain water in many states. wth? why not?

8 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Yeah.  Who needs government anyway? 

(Well, other than maybe the Afghanistanis.)

Edited by homersapien

5 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Yeah.  Who needs government anyway? 

(Well, other than maybe the Afghanistanis.)

Yeah in this instance I'm not even implying all taxes are stupid, just ones where I'm paying to own my own things. Fine, tax ny pay before I get, tax what I buy, but taxing the land I own every year forever? Kinda seems like robbery to me. 

Yeah in this instance I'm not even implying all taxes are stupid, just ones where I'm paying to own my own things. Fine, tax ny pay before I get, tax what I buy, but taxing the land I own every year forever? Kinda seems like robbery to me. 

I think the idea behind property tax is primarily to fund the schools and other county services like libraries, water, sewer, fire protectioin and roads - which primarily benefit the people who live in a certain area.

Not sure of a fairer way or less complicated way to do it.   

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I think the idea behind property tax is primarily to fund the schools and other county services like libraries, water, sewer, fire protectioin and roads - which primarily benefit the people who live in a certain area.

I thinknid be ok with it more if I saw those services maintain or improve. Here in Kansas, we have very high state and property tax, and some awful roads, a water system that's so old we have yearly  emergencies cause the plant breaks down constantly, and awful public schools in general. They don't use my money well.

• Like 1

I thinknid be ok with it more if I saw those services maintain or improve. Here in Kansas, we have very high state and property tax, and some awful roads, a water system that's so old we have yearly  emergencies cause the plant breaks down constantly, and awful public schools in general. They don't use my money well.

My county is pretty good.  For example, I have used the EMS services several times to good effect.  And as far as I can tell, the school system it pretty good.  Roads are getting much better since the state (SC) increased it's funding.

53 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Which good and needed. From my understanding amounts are based on appraised property value. Often a higher appraised value means less struggle on public services than lower appraised. Seems there should be cap or time possessed. Pretty sure there is in Florida for a primary residence.

6 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Deleting half the federal government has been a Conservative/Libertarian fever dream for over a decade now. 

They wouldn't, and I think DeSantis knows they wouldn't so that's why he feels comfortable saying it. 

Dang, I was actually about to post the same thing.

I think many of these departments suffer from bloat, and could stand to be pared down and made more efficient.  In the end, bureaucracies serve largely to feed themselves, and they are some HONGRY varmints...they like to eat.  If there are some coherent and workable plans put forth by candidates to trim some of the Foggy Bottom fat, I'll give 'em a listen. 

Wonder if we'd find out that some of these department employees have eight bosses a la Peter from Office Space

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTdOHBIppx8

Edited by SLAG-91
Better clip...