Pew Poll: World Has Far More Confidence In The US Under Biden Than They Did Under Trump

I see conservatives on here regularly make the (false and unsupported) claim that Biden and the US isn't respected around the world like we were under Trump.

Well here's some actual data on what people in other countries thought about the US and our presidents since 2001. Almost all nations polled had double digit increases in confidence for Biden over Trump and most countries lowest confidence scores since 2001 all came under Trump. 

The lone exception is Israel which had similar levels in confidence in both DJT and Biden. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I see conservatives on here regularly make the (false and unsupported) claim that Biden and the US isn't respected around the world like we were under Trump.

Well here's some actual data on what people in other countries thought about the US and our presidents since 2001. Almost all nations polled had double digit increases in confidence for Biden over Trump and most countries lowest confidence scores since 2001 all came under Trump. 

The lone exception is Israel which had similar levels in confidence in both DJT and Biden. 

Good lord look at those Trump numbers. 

How-embarrassing GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

8 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Good lord look at those Trump numbers. 

How-embarrassing GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Anyone think otherwise?

To all the trump fan boys, one word: KURDS.

Of course "the world" likes the U.S. having a bungling wimp at the controls. They were afraid of Trump, which is not a bad thing. The world knows Biden is a weak leader and that's to their benefit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Of course "the world" likes the U.S. having a bungling wimp at the controls. They were afraid of Trump, which is not a bad thing. The world knows Biden is a weak leader and that's to their benefit.

That's just not true. Nobody in the world was afraid of Trump, other than maybe being afraid he'd try to launch a nuke at a hurricane or do something crazy. 

World leaders laughed at and mocked Trump. They didn't fear or respect him. 

NATO Leaders Appear To Laugh At Trump https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncQFOsb529s

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-world-leaders-video-president-b1884944.html

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 2

7 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

World leaders laughed and mocked Trump. They didn't fear or respect him. 

They may have laughed in a meeting, but by their actions we know they feared him. Russia, No. Korea and China are behaving very differently now that the weakling Biden is at the wheel.

• Like 1

Just now, Mikey said:

They may have laughed in a meeting, but by their actions we know they feared him. Russia, No. Korea and China are behaving very differently now that the weakling Biden is at the wheel.

Like I said, world leaders feared Trump would do something stupid or crazy...that's what they were afraid of. 

The world thought Trump was an idiot...and that the American people were idiots for electing him. The world wasn't wrong. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Like I said, world leaders feared Trump would do something stupid or crazy...that's what they were afraid of. 

That worked for Reagan and it worked for Trump. Bad guys fearing an American cowboy is a good thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

35 minutes ago, Mikey said:

That worked for Reagan and it worked for Trump. Bad guys fearing an American cowboy is a good thing.

Jesus Christ, Mikey...

You're a cuck, man. Plain and simple.

Anyone who is gone enough to think a billionaire who went to Penn and has golden toilets is an "American cowboy" should be institutionalized. You got some doo doo on your nose.

Sebastian Maniscalco GIFs | Tenor

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

pew poll? if i was a maga i would have to come back with "yeah we have  been holding our noses since bran stole the election ". snickers

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Jesus Christ, Mikey...

You're a cuck, man. Plain and simple.

Anyone who is gone enough to think a billionaire who went to Penn and has golden toilets is an "American cowboy" should be institutionalized. You got some doo doo on your nose.

Sebastian Maniscalco GIFs | Tenor

I see you don't understand the international notion of "cowboy". That's on a long list of things you fail to comprehend. Do you really fail to comprehend, or is that stupidity feigned on your part? If feigned, to what end?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

I see you don't understand the international notion of "cowboy". That's on a long list of things you fail to comprehend. Do you really fail to comprehend, or is that stupidity feigned on your part? If feigned, to what end?

I think you confuse the term "Cowboy" with "Loose Cannon."

The only thing in \Foreign policy that trump got right was ending the endless wars. THAT was pretty much it. Biden might have executed the evacuation plan poorly, but he did the 100% correct thing. 

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

21 hours ago, Mikey said:

Afraid indeed. Imagine what kind of brave soldier Trump would’ve become if not for those bunions when it was his time to serve. 😅I’m sure the world was quaking 

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

He doesn't even fit the "international cowboy" notion. He has no stoicism about him. He's just a rabid orangutan who's only real gift is his impressive ability to make nicknames for his political foes. He wasn't hard on anyone globally that he should have been hard on. He picked on leaders who are too collected and professional to bicker with him. 

I mean Jesus, all he talked about was how cool Putin, Kim Jun Un, and Xi are. Real "cowboy" we had. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 2

4 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

I think you confuse the term "Cowboy" with "Loose Cannon."

The only thing in \Foreign policy that trump got right was ending the endless wars. THAT was pretty much it. Biden might have executed the evacuation plan poorly, but he did the 100% correct thing. 

No confusion. Cowboy and loose cannon are roughly equivalent.

Might have executed the evacuation plan poorly? There's no might to it. Bungling Biden bungled the exit in the worst sort of way.

• Thanks 1

Just more fake news.

On 6/28/2023 at 9:03 AM, CoffeeTiger said:

Like it or not, for all Biden's faults - and he has plenty - he's not a lunatic.  He's wrong on some important stuff to be sure, but not legit crazy.  That actually used to matter to Republicans.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

What's fake about it? 

They obviously misread the prompt and thought 1 was the best and 100 was the worst. How else could Trump possibly have the lowest ratings when we have Bungling Biden and not US born Obama as presidents! /s

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, PUB78 said:

Just more fake news.

Translation:  "I don't accept news that doesn't confirm what I already like and believe."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/28/2023 at 9:03 AM, CoffeeTiger said:

A bigger picture by Pew showing that foreign confidence in most places actually declined in 2021/2022.

International opinion of Joe Biden in 6 charts | Pew Research Center

3 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

A bigger picture by Pew showing that foreign confidence in most places actually declined in 2021/2022.

International opinion of Joe Biden in 6 charts | Pew Research Center

Declined, yet are still mostly positive and are all higher than they were under Trump. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Declined, yet are still mostly positive and are all higher than they were under Trump. 

But they are is "significant" decline according to the footnotes. Give old Joe another 1 1/2 yrs. and let's see.

One thing for sure , Trump is constantly in the brain of some here. Just look at the posts.

Edited by Son of A Tiger
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

10 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

But they are is "significant" decline according to the footnotes. Give old Joe another 1 1/2 yrs. and let's see.

One thing for sure , Trump is constantly in the brain of some here. Just look at the posts.

Of course Trump is talked about a lot. He's a former president, under numerous criminal investigations, and is the current favorite to be the Republican presidential candidate next year. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Of course Trump is talked about a lot. He's a former president, under numerous criminal investigations, and is the current favorite to be the Republican presidential candidate next year. 

What crime has he been arraigned for?