Gotta admit

TexasTiger

26 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Blah, blah, blah. Cherry pick much? The  DJIA when Biden took office was at 34,869. In July of 2023 it's at 34,418. Stocks still not up to where they were before Bungling Biden took office. Meanwhile inflation totals around 15% since then. As I said, today's stocks and paychecks have less buying power than they did 2&1/2 years ago. Lets go Brandon!

https://www.macrotrends.net/1319/dow-jones-100-year-historical-chart

If you are going to make a point from a link, atleast get the numbers right. Not sure where you are getting your 34,869 as Bidens starting point? Even in your link 2021 open is close to 30k and if you go to the by president tab, you can see he is still positive.

I feel like this chart fits you perfectly.

investor-psychology-illustrated.png

• Like 1

On 6/30/2023 at 1:57 PM, homersapien said:

And almost every new truck you see is a "crew cab" (4 door).  Apparently, people are buying these things as family cars.  Those - and humongous SUVs - to haul kids and groceries. :-\

My first trucks 70’s early 80’s came equipped with 4 tires and steering wheel. Had vinyl rubber flooring. I would take a hose and wash the inside end of work week same as outside. Fast forward to early 2000’s and was told I would have to special order a truck with the rubber flooring. Dealer told me women had ruined the work truck business when they started driving them as family vehicles.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, arein0 said:

If you are going to make a point from a link, atleast get the numbers right. Not sure where you are getting your 34,869 as Bidens starting point? Even in your link 2021 open is close to 30k and if you go to the by president tab, you can see he is still positive.

I feel like this chart fits you perfectly.

investor-psychology-illustrated.png

The other thing is his term isn't over yet and with all the new jobs he has created, more people will be buying in, causing more demand, causing the market to rise.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, arein0 said:

The other thing is his term isn't over yet and with all the new jobs he has created, more people will be buying in, causing more demand, causing the market to rise.

It's going to take some time to recover from tailspin that started in January 2022. I would venture to estimate that balanced portfolios are still down 12-15% to date

Edited by creed
wrong year listed edited from 2023 to 2022

32 minutes ago, creed said:

It's going to take some time to recover from tailspin that started in January 2023. I would venture to estimate that balanced portfolios are still down 12-15% to date

So I actually have a couple of small portfolios because I wanted to see how the roboadvisors perform, one with 40/60 stock/bond holding and one 83/17 that I don't touch to see the impact and YTD both are up. The 40/60 is up ~6% and the 83/17 is up ~9%.

Side note, after testing the roboadvisor, I've come to the conclusion that they are great if you don't know what you are doing and/or want to be completely hands free, but with a little research, you could create similar portfolios but without the advisory fees.

Edited by arein0

13 hours ago, arein0 said:

Not sure where you are getting your 34,869 as Bidens starting point?

From the link I posted.

Another interesting factoid: Real wages declined 26 straight months under Bidenomics. Do millionaires care? No, they don't care about the price of heating oil, groceries or gasoline. It's the working families that have suffered under Biden's failures. The "party of the working class" had done more harm to the working class than any other, yet they lie and claim they are for the little man. They are not. https://data.bls.gov/search/query/results?cx=013738036195919377644%3A6ih0hfrgl50&q=real+wage+decrease

with all the new jobs he has created,

That's funny. People who were forced out of their jobs are now returning to work. This would have happened as soon as the restrictions were lifted, which Biden was very slow in doing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

That's funny. People who were forced out of their jobs are now returning to work. This would have happened as soon as the restrictions were lifted, which Biden was very slow in doing.

It's been discussed in another thread. Even with the COVID jobs that were lost, under Trump btw, Biden has added 3M jobs on top of the lost COVID jobs.

From the link you posted:

In the link I posted I picked an accurate date, January 21, 2021. The Bungler's inauguration date, which is when the plague known as Bidenomics started.  Why didn't you pick that date too? Never mind, I know why. Accuracy isn't your friend.

• Facepalm 1

9 minutes ago, Mikey said:

In the link I posted I picked an accurate date, January 21, 2021. The Bungler's inauguration date, which is when the plague known as Bidenomics started.  Why didn't you pick that date too? Never mind, I know why. Accuracy isn't your friend.

I was going by what you provided. It had no specific date data. Since you asked, I looked up his inauguration day, 1/21/21 and the results show no where near 34k like you claim. It's actually a lot lower at 31k. The good thing about the market is that all the data is public and it is very easy to get the real numbers with little effort.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJI) surged 0.8% or 257.86 points to close at 31,188.38

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/stock-market-news-for-jan-21-2021-2021-01-21#:~:text=The Dow Jones Industrial Average,its all-time closing high.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJI) surged 0.8% or 257.86 points to close at 31,188.38

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/stock-market-news-jan-21-151203969.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, arein0 said:

I was going by what you provided. It had no specific date data.

The link I provided has data day-by-day. All one had to do is slide the cursor along the line to see each day's daily close. I understand that as a general rule you libbies aren't too bright but you should have at least been able to find that, if indeed you wanted to.

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

The link I provided has data day-by-day. All one had to do is slide the cursor along the line to see each day's daily close. I understand that as a general rule you libbies aren't too bright but you should have at least been able to find that, if indeed you wanted to.

I showed multiple examples that shows that your number is way off. But keep ignoring what actually happened and keep believing your wild alternate reality.

25 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Even your link agrees with me 

Screenshot_20230706_083244_Brave.jpg

14 hours ago, arein0 said:

Even your link agrees with me 

Ah, I see you found it. Somehow I mis-read or mis-typed. Apologies.

Now, back to the important point of the discussion: During The Bungler's presidency, from April of 2021 until January of 2023 real wages fell every single month. Wage earners got in worse financial situation every month for nearly two years. This is the key point, people who work for a living have suffered terribly at the hands of the Bungler's Bidenomics. Yet, the Dems claim to be the party of the middle class. Inflation hurts workers. Millionaires don't care if gas goes up two dollars. They don't even know that groceries are up by leaps and bounds. You can bet the single mom trying to keep her family fed and clothed knows. When will Biden stop the asinine spending that fuels inflation? When will his handlers care more about people than then they care about sacrificing this country to the god of global warming?

• Like 1