Gotta admit

TexasTiger

12 hours ago, Mikey said:

Not because of anything Bungling Biden did. Thank Trump's Operation Warp Speed for the improved U.S. stats. Also, your stats are fraudulent as presented. They make no account for increased deaths in other countries as the virus spread.

At the time Trump made that statement it could well have been a hoax. Thankfully, as soon as it became apparent that the threat was real, Trump pulled American medicine, industry and the military together and got us the vaccine in a hurry. Can you imagine the mess Bungling Biden would have made in a time of crisis? He'd have probably named the Giggling Hyena the "COVID Czar" and wandered off to the wrong stage exit.

Real wages have declined for 26 straight months under Biden. Those 13 million jobs weren't created, they were replacing jobs that people lost due to COVID restrictions. What manner of math says that inflation going from 1.4% to first 9% and now an additional 5% more under Biden is cutting it in half? Surely that's a joke. Voters are negative about the economy because the economy is negative. Their paychecks won't buy what they would even a few months ago.

Donald Trump inherited a very healthy economy from Obama.  He then went full throttle with tax cuts and deficit spending.  The largest corporate cuts in the history of the country.  That poured gasoline on an already hot economy.  The truth is that those policies were just as responsible for the inflation that followed as any of Biden's policies.   The economy doesn't turn on a dime depending on who is in the White House.  Inflation and economic instability is not unique to the U.S.  In fact, Europe and Asia are also experiencing the same economic issues. 

A portion of the blame for many of our pricing issues relate back to the entitlement Americans now have when it comes to housing and many goods and services.  Overall, we show little restraint on our own spending in the same way the country shows little restraint.  Example... if people quit debt spending to buy $60k to $70k pickup trucks, many of those models would be priced in the $20k to $30k range.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

That is nonsensical.

I plainly, factually, state that trump only dealt with the pandemic for 9 months, and Biden dealt with it for 17. 

The time alone could account for the difference. It is plain truth that more people died under Biden than trump, if for nothing but time alone. It is also true that more people have now died vaccinated than died unvaccinated. Both are factual and just a function of time.

Go invent something else to whine about. 

This is a good explanation of that from 2022.  I haven't found anything that shows that the overall numbers since the deaths began to now, including prior to there being an available vaccine,  have added up like that, but nonetheless.

46 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I love that he declared it a hoax right  before he took credit for saving us from it. And his supporters can’t seem to put those pieces together.  A bit paradoxical. 

He's got it pretty good, tbh. He can literally say anything he wants at any time without having to fear about contradicting himself, because his worshipers will just roll with whatever he says anyway, because it came from him. I will give Trump credit where it is due. He took a look around the country and pinpointed the group of people that he could most easily brainwash. He found a group of low IQ people, who would prefer to not have to think for themselves. They just wanted to messiah to follow. He recognized that he would need to appeal to their need to feel like they are being led by a "strong" tough man, who didn't bother himself with distractions like decorum and reason.

And he Pokémon nabbed up every one of them with precision accuracy. 

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 3

50 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

if people quit debt spending to buy $60k to $70k pickup trucks, many of those models would be priced in the $20k to $30k range.

It's funny you mention this, because I was just casually scrolling online for a new vehicle yesterday and holy sh** man! It's crazy how expensive vehicles are. I looked up Ford Broncos that aren't the sport model, and those mf's are like 60-70k. For a Ford!

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

My disgust is that Donald Trump made Covid a political issue.  Rather than lead, he acted like the self consumed child that he is at heart.  He always knew more than the most qualified infectious disease experts in the world.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/11/trumps-lies-about-coronavirus/608647/

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-10-17/trump-s-cdc-changed-weekly-reports-house-covid-panel-finds

He made it political because he's a narcissist. 

He viewed the pandemic completely through the lens of how is this going to affect me personally? 

His first reaction was pure denial.  He minimized it because he feared the responsibility of a possible  disaster.  He then tried to play everything to his political advantage instead of simply focusing on the problem.  It was always about him, not the country.

I'll give him credit for approving emergency spending on vaccine development/commercialization, but I'm not sure how significant the impact was as these programs were already well underway long before the pandemic.  And that should have been the very first thing done as soon as a pandemic was rumored.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

Keep in mind that Biden was elected as a choice between him and Trump.

And while you may "honestly believe" Biden has dementia, I "honestly believe" Trump is a narcissistic sociopath. 😉

You keep in mind that Trump was elected as a choice between him and Hillary. Easy choice for me.

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

It's funny you mention this, because I was just casually scrolling online for a new vehicle yesterday and holy sh** man! It's crazy how expensive vehicles are. I looked up Ford Broncos that aren't the sport model, and those mf's are like 60-70k. For a Ford!

And almost every new truck you see is a "crew cab" (4 door).  Apparently, people are buying these things as family cars.  Those - and humongous SUVs - to haul kids and groceries. :-\

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

You keep in mind that Trump was elected as a choice between him and Hillary. Easy choice for me.

I am not surprised.  At all.

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Source? 

https://www.fiercehealthcare.com/payers/more-vaccinated-unvaccinated-now-dying-covid-19

The fact that more vaccinated people die from COVID than unvaccinated is partly because 80.7% of the population in the U.S. has had at least one dose of vaccine, according to the CDC. Actuarially, that would drive higher numbers of COVID fatalities among the vaccinated. In addition, COVID-19 still preys mainly on individuals 65 and older. According to KFF, “people 65 and older account for 16% of the total U.S. population but 75% of all COVID deaths.” Such individuals are more likely to suffer from comorbidities.

The Post reports that another reason for the increase in fatalities among the vaccinated is that “vaccines lose potency against the virus over time and variants arise that are better able to resist the vaccines, so continued boosters are needed to continue to prevent illness and death.”

20 minutes ago, homersapien said:

And almost every new truck you see is a "crew cab" (4 door).  Apparently, people are buying these things as family cars.  Those - and humongous SUVs - to haul kids and groceries. :-\

PCVs: Penis Compensation Vehicles....

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

https://www.fiercehealthcare.com/payers/more-vaccinated-unvaccinated-now-dying-covid-19

The fact that more vaccinated people die from COVID than unvaccinated is partly because 80.7% of the population in the U.S. has had at least one dose of vaccine, according to the CDC. Actuarially, that would drive higher numbers of COVID fatalities among the vaccinated. In addition, COVID-19 still preys mainly on individuals 65 and older. According to KFF, “people 65 and older account for 16% of the total U.S. population but 75% of all COVID deaths.” Such individuals are more likely to suffer from comorbidities.

The Post reports that another reason for the increase in fatalities among the vaccinated is that “vaccines lose potency against the virus over time and variants arise that are better able to resist the vaccines, so continued boosters are needed to continue to prevent illness and death.”

So, the real question is what percentage of unvaccinated persons die from Covid compared to the percentage of vaccinated persons?  The total numbers are irrelevant.

Thanks for clearing that up. (Another case where a simple, stand-alone declarative statement can be highly miss-leading.) :-\

Personally, I prefer my chances with the vaccinations (and boosters).

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

So, the real question is what percentage of unvaccinated persons die from Covid compared to the percentage of vaccinated persons?  The total numbers are irrelevant.

I prefer my chances with the vaccinations (and boosters).

Just look at the normalized deaths per 100k and it will tell a completely different story 

35 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I am not surprised.  At all.

I don't think he realizes that Hillary had nearly 3M more votes than Trump

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Thanks for clearing that up. (Another case where a simple, stand-alone declarative statement can be highly miss-leading.) :-\

Personally, I prefer my chances with the vaccinations (and boosters).

I and my family are 4X Vaccinated. I am provax. The point was that as a function of time, things are not what they were.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, arein0 said:

She would have made a good president in spite of the irrational hatred for her by so many.

(I have a Republican relative who briefly served in Trump's staff - and currently serves as the chief-of-staff of a Republican representative - who admitted as much.)

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, arein0 said:

People in California and New York don't count as "People". 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, arein0 said:

And it discounts those of us, myself included, that thought Trump didn't have a shot in the election and voted 3rd party because we couldn't bring ourselves to vote for Clinton. I would certainly have voted for her had I known what was coming. 

14 minutes ago, homersapien said:

She would have made a good president in spite of the irrational hatred for her by so many.

(I have a Republican relative who briefly served in Trump's staff - and currently serves as the chief-of-staff of a Republican representative - who admitted as much.)

One of the most overlooked aspect of being President is who you put in place to run what's already there. Most people only think about the military and the DOJ, but choosing who heads the Departments of Energy, Commerce, Agriculture, and Education are critically important. Trump did little to nothing with these departments during the transition period between Obama's administration and his, largely because he dumped Chris Christie, who was his transition chief, and all the work he and his team had done. Department staffs were expecting to see transition teams within days of Trump winning the election, so the teams could get up to speed, but most say no one showed up for two months. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

People in California and New York don't count as "People". 

A square mile of empty farmland in Iowa has vastly more political power in the United States than 1000 people in New York City do. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

Thanks. When I saw that statement I was hoping it was from a legitimate analysis and it is. It’s the kind of thing that ends up being distorted and presented very differently by a Mike Lindell or Joe Rogan. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

A square mile of empty farmland in Iowa has vastly more political power in the United States than 1000 people in New York City do. 

Right? 3 million less people in the country vote for Trump, Trump wins, Trump appoints 3 Amish pastors to the supreme court, who go on the turn over Roe v. Wade and get rid of Affirmative Action.

All because Hillary could just get 3 million more votes and not say 5 million more. 

What a wild system. 

• Like 2

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Right? 3 million less people in the country vote for Trump, Trump wins, Trump appoints 3 Amish pastors to the supreme court, who go on the turn over Roe v. Wade and get rid of Affirmative Action.

All because Hillary could just get 3 million more votes and not say 5 million more. 

What a wild system. 

Don’t forget not allowing Biden to do away with student loans.  I am thankful the SCOTUS is doing stellar work.

I’m sure you realize this is not a majority rule country.  Some of you comments seem to lean toward not knowing the current system.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Don’t forget not allowing Biden to do away with student loans.  I am thankful the SCOTUS is doing stellar work.

I’m sure you realize this is not a majority rule country.  Some of you comments seem to lean toward not knowing the current system.

Yea god forbid the goverment spend money to help middle class people. I bet you loved those $1.9 trillion Trump tax cuts though, didn't you, buddy?

Completely aware that this a land rule country. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

PCVs: Penis Compensation Vehicles....

Or perhaps it might actually be possible that people who have to haul / carry things might actually have a family as well???   How about just letting people drive the cars that they need / want instead of worrying about their business and wondering about their genitalia?  

58 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

And it discounts those of us, myself included, that thought Trump didn't have a shot in the election and voted 3rd party because we couldn't bring ourselves to vote for Clinton. I would certainly have voted for her had I known what was coming.

And that's why I am skeptical of perceived advantages associated with third parties.

Having said that, the fault is in our electoral system.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2023 at 5:00 PM, GoAU said:

Or perhaps it might actually be possible that people who have to haul / carry things might actually have a family as well???   How about just letting people drive the cars that they need / want instead of worrying about their business and wondering about their genitalia?  

Personally my $1,000 "work" truck suits me. 

It's a hell of a lot cheaper than financing one of these behemoths, even after taxes and insurance.

And don't take it so personally. In the aggregate I think DKW is right. 

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 2