Best/most fun AU game you have seen live

gr82b4au

For me it was the "Prayer at Jordan-Hare" game in 2013 against Georgia.  I was seated high up in the stands, and there were four Georgia fans behind me (two couples, probably close to 1000 pounds total) who were acting rude as hell the entire fourth quarter.  When the pass was made - based on my seating location - it went from my left to my right and I could tell the trajectory was off.  But it bounced off the Georgia defenders and into Louis's hands and the crowd went crazy - I had never felt a rumbling in that stadium like I did that day.

I turned to give the Georgia fans a hard time but they had slipped out during the chaos.  

Edited by DaddyBoyAU
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

1 sticks in my mind.  1994 LSu game---the interception game. 

Was insanely wild, wasn’t it? Crowd was off the charts bananas through the entire 4th quarter.

Surely Jamie Howard won’t throw it over the middle again…and again…and again.

I walked out with a buzz that was impossible to create artificially, knowing I would never in my life see another game like that ever again.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, toddc said:

First Iron Bowl at Jordan Hare Stadium. Nothing else can come close after all the years of Turd Stadium in Birmingham.

Agreed. That day was just something different. The atmosphere was incredible. You could taste it. 

• Like 1

the first time tennessee finally got the balls to play auburn at auburn. i forget what year but we stomped the hell right out of them.........

• Like 1

1993 Florida

2005 at Georgia

I haven't made it to many games since mid-2000's, though, so I missed a few good years.

Edited by Leftfield

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Auburn vs Florida 2006

2006 season haunts me.

I bought good season tickets+Iron Bowl from a very well known disassociate boosters wife.  I need to pick some games to go to and make my money back off others.

Went to LSU game....started off good.

Picked Arkansas game.  Awful. McFadden and Jones ran for like 7 million yards 

Sold Florida. GF at the time didn't know I bought season tickets.  So very bitter sweet watching us win. So mad.

But I still had the UGA game!  Fffffffff. Brandon Cox threw more INTS than completions. 

Sold Bama tickets bc didn't want to go to TTown

• Haha 1

2001 upset of #1 UF

2007 @ UF

LSU 2010 - Cam's Heisman moment

2013 UGA prayer at JHS

2013 SECCG

9 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

2001 upset of #1 UF

2007 @ UF

LSU 2010 - Cam's Heisman moment

2013 UGA prayer at JHS

2013 SECCG

Still, the loudest game I've ever been to, watching a couple of my favorite players Kenny Irons/Courtney Taylor.

2001 Florida - no business winning that game

2005 UGA Probably the best overall game from start to finish

2019 Iron Bowl - Gus’s last hoorah

2004 Tennessee - after that game you knew Auburn was special

2004 and 2006 LSU were the most physical games I’ve ever seen.  

2010 Clemson - probably should have lost that game but it was where the season turned.  

Honorable mention 2000 and 2002 UGA, 2011 MSU

I’m excited for the opportunity to go see a big game where Auburn stands a chance again.  I’m pissed we blew the Penn State series.

Edited by Win4AU

50 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

2004 Tennessee - after that game you knew Auburn was special

I made it to the Arkansas game that year with my brother. If you recall, Arkansas really had our number around that time. I remember on the first drive we called a fake handoff where Campbell hid the ball behind his leg, stood there for what seemed forever, then the field opened up and Campbell hit Aromashodu for a long TD. It was like they decided to immediately tell Arky "this isn't going to go the way you think it is." 

That line was so good that Campbell really didn't need to hide the ball.

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Arkansas game.  Awful. McFadden and Jones ran for like 7 million yards 

I was there. That was rough. The game that put Gus on the map. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

2010 Clemson - probably should have lost that game but it was where the season turned.

Crazy that was the closest we came to losing. QB overthrew the WR on 3rd down who was wide open. Kicker hits the FG. Penalty on the snapper. Kicker misses the retry. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

I remember on the first drive we called a fake handoff where Campbell hid the ball behind his leg, stood there for what seemed forever, then the field opened up and Campbell hit Aromashodu for a long TD.

Close.

Campbell to Cadillac to Taylor to Aromashodu…

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Viper said:

Close.

Huh....got me. I must be conflating two plays. I'll have to scan back through that game.

6 hours ago, Viper said:

Close.

That was fun. Thanks. 

• Love 1

The '89 Alabama game. Pat Dye deserved his statue just by getting the Iron Bowl in Auburn if he had never done anything else. 

• Like 5

Every Auburn game day is fun but 89 vs Bammer in a run away. Woke up that morning knowing Bammer had no chance. Confirmed when the buses from Tuscaloosa pulled down south Donahue and greeted by an ocean of orange and blue. 

• Like 7

My favorite all-time is 1989 , no doubt. But a close second is the 1994 Florida game, because my young son absolutely loved that game. I lost him in the crowd rolling the trees after and was in total panic for a couple of minutes. Pure chaos at the time. A friend of mine was frantically helping me look when his wife started laughing and said 'look up there!' He was on the Auburn University sign (the cheerleaders put him up there) leading Track em Tigers. Doesn't get much better than that.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

14 hours ago, toddc said:

First Iron Bowl at Jordan Hare Stadium. Nothing else can come close after all the years of Turd Stadium in Birmingham.

No doubt. They were the last domino to fall re: playing in Auburn.  I think Coach Dye made an analogy to the Berlin Wall coming down (which had occurred about a month prior to the game), and if you remember all of the times when Auburn had to travel to play their rivals (50+ games in a row in Atlanta against Georgia Tech, playing Georgia in Columbus, playing Alabama in "neutral" Birmingham), well, this was the biggest of them all.  

David Housel and Pat Dye were the front line faces of the fight to get this game on campus, and boy, did they fight for Auburn.

I don't think anyone could have bought that ticket from me, and it is one of two football games that I tell people it was an honor and a privilege to see live.

Beating a 10-0 Alabama team was just delicious icing. It wouldn't have mattered if we had beaten a winless Alabama team.

Found this article on the impact of the game...doesn't seem possible that we're nearly 35 years out from that day.

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/sports/college/auburn/2019/11/25/auburn-football-impact-1989-iron-bowl-still-felt-30-year-anniversary-jordan-hare-stadium-alabama-sec/4294963002/

As a runner-up, the 1990 Florida State game was enjoyable for a different reason...they'd beaten us three in a row and for a while it looked like it was going to extend to four.  We got it back to even, then Casey Weldon got flipped head over teakettle for about a 20 yard loss on a 4th down with under 2:00 to go.  That set us up on their side of the field, and we got close enough for Jim Von Wyl to sneak the GW FG in to beat them 20-17.  Thank goodness the uprights had not yet been moved in (NCAA narrowed the width of the goalposts effective in 1991), or that kick would have been no good.

• Like 2