so how many fans have come back that we lost?

aubiefifty

any? i sure miss a couple of folks but i understand honor. my thoughts are no coach is bigger than auburn. not ever. i could never stop being a fan. and this is not a post meant to start an argument. it is a new day. we have new hope. we have already seen some remarkable changes in recruiting alone. this will probably get deleted but i was wondering how many if any have come back around? i am also typing this because i have to do some house cleaning...............

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We probably got a few back who were “I’m more anti-Harsin than I am pro-Auburn” crowd.  
But we also lost a few of the self-righteous hypocrite crowd who are anti-grace.  
I would also say that most bandwagon fans jump on after there have been significant results on the field.   So they’re not here yet.    
Overall, atm, I would say we’re about where we’ve been the last few years.  🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

The above post sounds about right.  Most people ebb and flow interest-wise with the relative success of the team.

What I will say about last season and last season only is that the first 2/3 of it was in no way pleasant, especially after the Penn State curbstomping.  Harsin being canned at some point was a fait accompli, it was just a matter of when.  He didn't seem to be terribly interested in being here, and the players by and large didn't seem to be enjoying playing the game.  I think they knew he was a goner, too.  It was toxic, and from my far-awa

I can stomach a team that may not be wildly successful as far as the W-L record is concerned, provided that there is a good faith effort from everyone to put their best product on the field.  Frankly, I did not feel like we got that from the top of the program for most of last year.  Cadillac being named interim HC was like giving the program CPR when it desperately needed it.  We didn't suddenly become bigger, stronger or faster, but the team looked rejuvenated.

To carry the medical analogy further, if Caddy was the EMT that shocked the patient back to life, then Freeze is now the physician overseeing long-term care.  Is he the right guy?  Remains to be seen, but I feel like he's got ample motivation to try and redeem himself and show everyone that he can handle a big-time coaching gig.  I don't feel like he's an over-the-hill guy on a last-ditch money grab.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i will always love our players. they could tinkle on the popes slippers and i would be ok. nothing violent of course. auburn is and will always be a part of me. when i roll into to auburn i feel magic. i feel the energy and the excitement. i love most of the folks are ultra friendly. hell i miss the roaches at the old tiger cafe i think it was on the main block downtown back in the day where the coaches used to hang out some. i may have the name wrong.

• Like 1

There were a few people that were very unhappy about hiring Freeze and said they would not support AU anymore or post here anymore. 
I understand being leery due to past transgressions, but to give up on AU altogether is just not something I ever do. I love the school too much. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

when i roll into to auburn i feel magic.

Same. I have 2 kids going there now. My blood is orange and blue. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

Same. I have 2 kids going there now. My blood is orange and blue. 

my moms best friend worked at the copper kettle or whatever they called it before it blew up. she also worked at a bbq joint called archies that actually had a dirt floor in the sixties and that just blows my mind. archie was a well know figure and a huge man from what my mom said. they claim he had damn good bbq as well. i bet golf and some remember.

• Love 1

If you leave because it's a down year, I don't want you back.

Edited by im4aual
spelling
  • Love 1

Honestly, why does it matter? It’s a personal decision. Leave folks alone and let them make their own decisions. Adding your own personal anecdotes to why someone is or isn’t a “real” fan is very tiresome.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

On 6/23/2023 at 3:34 PM, aubiefifty said:

my moms best friend worked at the copper kettle or whatever they called it before it blew up. she also worked at a bbq joint called archies that actually had a dirt floor in the sixties and that just blows my mind. archie was a well know figure and a huge man from what my mom said. they claim he had damn good bbq as well. i bet golf and some remember.

Archie was gigantic. He would sit on the field near the cheerleaders. And occasionally lead a cheer. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

Archie was gigantic. He would sit on the field near the cheerleaders. And occasionally lead a cheer. 

thank you for that! my mom said archie was god to her and her best friend.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2023 at 8:51 AM, aubiefifty said:

any? i sure miss a couple of folks but i understand honor. my thoughts are no coach is bigger than auburn. not ever. i could never stop being a fan. and this is not a post meant to start an argument. it is a new day. we have new hope. we have already seen some remarkable changes in recruiting alone. this will probably get deleted but i was wondering how many if any have come back around? i am also typing this because i have to do some house cleaning...............

I remember one that specifically said they had never done anything that they needed to be forgiven for. I'm guessing they've probably thought about it and would be embarrassed to come back after that claim. That's a standard none of us can attain. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I remember one that specifically said they had never done anything that they needed to be forgiven for. I'm guessing they've probably thought about it and would be embarrassed to come back after that claim. That's a standard none of us can attain. 

i am glad you hung around. we often let our emotions help us make bad decisions. by this i mean NOTHING is gtreater than auburn and the teams. coaches come and go but auburn will be there. i wish they would all come back. this is mostly a christian board and i just do not understand not giving someone another chance. but i would welcome anyone back with not a word said. but auburn is more than sports to me and always will be.

• Like 1

I respect those who cancel things for personal reasons. That said, I look forward to seeing Jordan-Hare packed this fall and Tiger Walk being shoulder to shoulder. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I respect those who cancel things for personal reasons. That said, I look forward to seeing Jordan-Hare packed this fall and Tiger Walk being shoulder to shoulder. 

just for the record i mean no disrespect to anyone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

just for the record i mean no disrespect to anyone.

I know that. I think it’s an interesting topic. We all want the AU family to be as strong as possible. 

3 hours ago, gr82be said:

I heard an old Billy Graham message the other day and he said "pride is the sin that keeps the most people out of heaven."  I suspect that might be true.   Our family is going through a situation where our niece is recovering from a drug addiction.   She has fought hard to get visiting rights with her 2 young daughters.   The judge just recently gave her every other weekend.   It is a blessing seeing them together.   The grandmother who stepped in to raise them is (somewhat understandably) fighting her at every turn.   The other day she proclaimed "I have never sinned" which in and of itself is a sin as Jesus says we have all sinned and falling short.   When I read Great's post it reminded me of the grandmother's quote.  Please pray for "Mary", her 2 girls and the grandmother.... 

• Love 1

19 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I’m still here and still pissed . Im

hanging on by a thread. I hope to be back 100% 

More than the hire, the whole booster oligarchy/GOT thing turned me off.  Some people who talk forgiveness when it’s someone they want are later demanding accountability and consequences when it’s someone they don’t.  

That being said,  it’s time to move on. I do think the fan base is somewhat edgy and fragile.  Let’s hope positivity and some season momentum puts all this behind us. 

• Like 1

On 6/23/2023 at 4:34 PM, aubiefifty said:

A late night bowl of chili and a grilled cheese sandwich at the Kopper Kettle  carried me through many exams the next day. It wasn’t gourmet but was always a self reward for a hard night of studying.
I was in the AU Band for all my 4 years and we never lost a halftime show to anyone. 
Auburn is a special place and losing sometimes hurts more than it should. I have been a fan long enough to have experienced the good and the not so good. However, the good that has come from being a part of Auburn far exceeds the bad. This is just one man’s opinion.

Edited by au701948
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I know that. I think it’s an interesting topic. We all want the AU family to be as strong as possible. 

i have a rep on the pol boards so i have to throw out a disclaimer...............

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Honestly, why does it matter? It’s a personal decision. Leave folks alone and let them make their own decisions. Adding your own personal anecdotes to why someone is or isn’t a “real” fan is very tiresome.

it is a message board dude. quit telling people what to post. you are being a richard .

43 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

it is a message board dude. quit telling people what to post. you are being a richard .

So you think allowing people to form their own opinions means I’m being a dick? 

Man, that’s ironic.

4 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

So you think allowing people to form their own opinions means I’m being a dick? 

Man, that’s ironic.

yep. you are in fact. i have never said a bad word to you. add the word limp with that since you keep on. you do not get to tell me what to post and most people that are honest will tell you the same thing. this is why they have an ignore button.  you called me out buttercup so suck it up and quit wasting your time and mine. it was rude............

17 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

yep. you are in fact. i have never said a bad word to you. add the word limp with that since you keep on. you do not get to tell me what to post and most people that are honest will tell you the same thing. this is why they have an ignore button.  you called me out buttercup so suck it up and quit wasting your time and mine. it was rude............

Yeah man. I never quoted you. All I said was let folks be. 

Have a great night with that attitude.