6.21.23 Football Articles

aubiefifty

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I've now seen 2 or 3 national media sites giving Ashford the starting job.  

We have become so irrelevant as a football program that the media doesn't even bother to look up who our starting QB will probably be. 😂

Hugh is about to change all that sh*t though. They're going to damn sure know who our QB is by Oct 1.

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

The Bryan Harsin era (warning: language):

The Freeze era: the one that just opened at Fun Spot Atlanta, hopefully!

Edited by AUwent
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I don't know what he meant by it. Part of me thinks he's doing it to rile up the fans. But I am getting tired of seeing experts pick us to only be marginally better than that sh*t show last year, with an easier schedule and greatly improved roster talent, including a way better QB. 

That roster talent is totally unproven in a O&B jersey facing SEC competition with a new coaching staff and all new schemes. No one knows how to project this season.

I'm thinking winning a bowl game to end with a 8-5/9-4 season would be a huge improvement. This is a complete rebuild that'll take time and patience. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I've now seen 2 or 3 national media sites giving Ashford the starting job.  

Did any of these people watch Ashford attempt to complete a forward pass last season?

7 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

auburnwire.usatoday.com

Lindy's Sports predicts Auburn football's depth chart for 2023 season

Okay this is really bad and actually kinda sad from Lindy's.

Thorne not starting is bad but to make it even worse Shorter nor Hooks isn't in the two deep at WR. McLeod isn't listed on the defensive Edge depth chart. Neither is Nixon muskrat isn't on the Guard two deep. 

They missed by just a bit. Smh

• Like 1

9 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Okay this is really bad and actually kinda sad from Lindy's.

Thorne not starting is bad but to make it even worse Shorter nor Hooks isn't in the two deep at WR. McLeod isn't listed on the defensive Edge depth chart. Neither is Nixon muskrat isn't on the Guard two deep. 

They missed by just a bit. Smh

ro me the y always do. i gave read many time phil steele is the best or used to be. the qauburn yearly footballguide was nice as well but i have not seen it in a while.