2023 5* PG Scoot Henderson

gravejd

Grad transfers will fall over themselves to play with the talent we’ll have next year if cooper leaves.

heck, you may have a solid grad transfer want to come as a backup if cooper stays (if we have room) because we’ll be must watch bball next year - national TV routinely.  This is fun!

Edited by mustache eagle
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

Grad transfers will fall over themselves to play with the talent we’ll have next year if cooper leaves.

heck, you may have a solid grad transfer want to come as a backup if cooper stays (if we have room) because we’ll be must watch bball next year - national TV routinely.  This is fun!

I do hope so...we whiffed on quite a few of those types when we really needed them this past cycle. Maybe with this roster being more of a known commodity, they'd be more apt to come 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I do hope so...we whiffed on quite a few of those types when we really needed them this past cycle. Maybe with this roster being more of a known commodity, they'd be more apt to come 

We also were not looking for a point guard last year. We were looking for a shooting guard and missed out on 1 maybe 2. 

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

We also were not looking for a point guard last year. We were looking for a shooting guard and missed out on 1 maybe 2. 

You almost set me up to say it again.....

I would love to see Scoot Henderson reclassify and play alongside Coop next year. Those 2 would definitely make each other better, and Scoot’s athleticism with complement Coop very well. 

Am I wrong to think it's getting a little silly to expect recruits to reclassify so that they'll get here more quickly even after Thor was able to do it? I mean, he was a pretty special case, after all.

And besides, I wouldn't be surprised if Henderson was one and done. If that's the case, I think it'd be better for us to have him to pick up the slack when Coop moves on, should it be after the 21-22 season.

• Like 1

And my goodness let's not count money we don't officially have yet. All my superstitious alarm 🚨 🔔 bells are ringing with so many people just counting him as part of our class. Please please knock on wood!!!! It's making me extremely un easy like got damn let's get him in the freaking boat first before we talk about re classifying and all of that!!! Like got damn!!! Lol 🤣😭😂

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

I would love to see Scoot Henderson reclassify and play alongside Coop next year. Those 2 would definitely make each other better, and Scoot’s athleticism with complement Coop very well. 

@CameronCrazy Word is if Auburn is his pick Scoot will not reclassify unless Cooper leaves after this year leaving the PG spot open for him to fill the immediate need.

6 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Am I wrong to think it's getting a little silly to expect recruits to reclassify so that they'll get here more quickly even after Thor was able to do it?

@Rednilla It's not silly anymore to at least hope or wonder. It's happening more & more often with elite recruits.

even after Thor was able to do it? I mean, he was a pretty special case, after all.

Originally in the 2020 class. Reclassed to 2021 then back to 2020.

And besides, I wouldn't be surprised if Henderson was one and done. If that's the case, I think it'd be better for us to have him to pick up the slack when Coop moves on, should it be after the 21-22 season.

Yup!

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

And my goodness let's not count money we don't officially have yet. All my superstitious alarm 🚨 🔔 bells are ringing with so many people just counting him as part of our class. Please please knock on wood!!!! It's making me extremely un easy like got damn let's get him in the freaking boat first before we talk about re classifying and all of that!!! Like got damn!!! Lol 🤣😭😂

Knock On Wood GIF - KnockOnWood - Discover & Share GIFs

Every time I watch a new clip on him I come away more impressed. Quick effortless jump shot that he can shoot off the dribble or catch and shoot. I especially like the drive and pull up, If you play off of him to stop drive he shoots both the three and the two if you get up tight on him. While not thick he is not little either and will easily add muscle mass while remining super quick and being able to get off the floor quickly.  He makes some nice assists but does not  seem to have same vison as Cooper that may be because he can score easily from ,ore places on the floor with Cooper.  He will be a great scoring PG who will still get a fair amount of assists because he draws so much attention. He is quick enough and big enough to be a solid defender but like most highlight films you have to extrapolate that he can be a good defender as the films seldom show him guarding somebody.  He is quick to double team in the couple places where you see it in the films.

This is truly amazing that Auburn can be in the conversation for the best Point guards in the nation on a regular basis. I hope Auburn steps up and gives CBP what he deserves financially and makes this his last place he coaches.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Timeslider 6 said:

This is truly amazing that Auburn can be in the conversation for the best Point guards in the nation on a regular basis. I hope Auburn steps up and gives CBP what he deserves financially and makes this his last place he coaches.

Pearl better keep recruiting and signing top PGs, at the rate they are leaving or potentially leaving so soon for the NBA. :)

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

Pearl better keep recruiting and signing top PGs, at the rate they are leaving or potentially leaving so soon for the NBA. :)

PGU

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...