Mehdi Hasan Shows What A Big Phony Ron DeSantis Is When It Comes To Jesus

aubiefifty

Mehdi Hasan Shows What A Big Phony Ron DeSantis Is When It Comes To Jesus

Ed Mazza
2–3 minutes

MSNBC’s Mehdi Hasan on Sunday called out Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, a 2024 Republican presidential candidate, for his latest “transparent pitch” to win over evangelical Christian voters.

During an interview with the Christian Broadcasting Network last week, DeSantis said he’d like to have been among the original disciples of Jesus Christ.

“These guys all went out and they dedicated their life to spreading the gospel,” DeSantis said. “I look back at that and would loved to have been able to be there with them.”

Hasan couldn’t get over the “sheer arrogance” of that statement from a Republican.

“Just imagine for a second if alongside Peter, John, James and co., there had been a Ron,” he said, then envisioned how that might’ve gone:

“A Ron who every time Jesus helped the poor and used loaves of bread and fish to feed the hungry Ron was like, ’You’re too woke, Jesus. You’re too woke. Let them pull themselves up by their own bootstraps.′ Every time Jesus said, I don’t know, we should embrace refugees and migrants Ron was like, ’Stop all the wokeness, Jesus. Send them to Martha’s Vineyard. The Holy Land is where woke goes to die.’”

“The truth is that the Jesus of the gospels and his disciples were way too left-wing for Ronald DeSantis,” Hasan told fellow MSNBC host Ayman Mohyeldin.

Mohyeldin said DeSantis went from worshipping “cult leader” Donald Trump to running against him for the nomination ― and that could have supporters of the former president envisioning him as one very specific disciple.

“He’s probably been more of a Judas than a Peter,” Mohyeldin said. “Even Donald Trump has noticed this betrayal.”

He played a clip of Trump slamming DeSantis as “disloyal.”

“Call me crazy, but at the end of the day, I’m not so sure positioning yourself as a Judas in the eyes of the Trump cult is the way to win over the faithful,” he said with a laugh.

• Haha 2

Funny this guy thinks Jesus fed thousands with bread and fish because they were poor. Jesus fed them because they followed Him out in the hills listening to Him preach and there was nothing to feed them. It wasn’t feeding the poor. It was feeding followers and believers who were away from their homes and cities where they could feed themselves.  

DeSantis must be getting close to the target if he is getting attacks already.  Fiddy gotta Christian bash on Ron.  Predictable.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Funny this guy thinks Jesus fed thousands with bread and fish because they were poor. Jesus fed them because they followed Him out in the hills listening to Him preach and there was nothing to feed them. It wasn’t feeding the poor. It was feeding followers and believers who were away from their homes and cities where they could feed themselves.  

DeSantis must be getting close to the target if he is getting attacks already.  Fiddy gotta Christian bash on Ron.  Predictable.

get back with me when he starts acting like a christian. jesus would never put migrants running from violence on planes up north to be cute. seejj? you as well. you cannot have it both ways buddy.

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

get back with me when he starts acting like a christian. jesus would never put migrants running from violence on planes up north to be cute. seejj? you as well. you cannot have it both ways buddy.

Thought this was about Jesus and feeding thousands. Apparently that is now a losing argument for you. 

Jesus would never put migrants running from violence on planes to Florida to be cute. See how that works? You think fake Christian Biden didn’t do that to poke a stick in DeSantis’ eye? If Biden cared so much he would have sent them straight to Cal, MV, DC, places with resources, sponsors, and facilities to care for them. Or even enforce the laws of this country and process legal immigrants as quickly as possible. 

Nice try fiddy. Hit the bong and carry on.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

21 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Thought this was about Jesus and feeding thousands. Apparently that is now a losing argument for you. 

Jesus would never put migrants running from violence on planes to Florida to be cute. See how that works? You think fake Christian Biden didn’t do that to poke a stick in DeSantis’ eye? If Biden cared so much he would have sent them straight to Cal, MV, DC, places with resources, sponsors, and facilities to care for them. Or even enforce the laws of this country and process legal immigrants as quickly as possible. 

Nice try fiddy. Hit the bong and carry on.

nice try on YOUR part jj. you do not use human beings as political tools. it is just that simple

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

nice try on YOUR part jj. you do not use human beings as political tools. it is just that simple

Tell it to Joe. He is the one that is sending illegals all over the country.

• Dislike 1

13 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

It wasn’t feeding the poor

But can you prove they weren’t poor? 😅

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Curious - what would many Republicans leaders say about a group of people who followed them out into the hills without planning for provisions? Would they help provide for them, or would they criticize them in the media for failing to take care of themselves?

3 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

But can you prove they weren’t poor? 😅

Jesus wouldn't hang out with no poor people.  Jesus loves them money changers.

Jesus wonts you to be rich.  Jesus blesses the good folks with wealth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

17 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Just what I love about Evangelicals:  They deal in quarter truths.

But you will warp this story out of shape to make it work for you.  Then again, none of you get context or howw the people actually lived, spoke, thought, and did things.  Geeze, y'all think that modern day Israelis and Palestinians think the way you do.

Just vapid.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Tell it to Joe. He is the one that is sending illegals all over the country.

i am pretty sure they  are not lying to them. it was a political stunt and it was garbage and you know it dude. they say the devil lives in cheurch and i believe with the crapyou guys pull. it is so ugly and dehumanizing. you enjoy that point of view...............

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i am pretty sure they  are not lying to them. it was a political stunt and it was garbage and you know it dude. they say the devil lives in cheurch and i believe with the crapyou guys pull. it is so ugly and dehumanizing. you enjoy that point of view...............

We know that you believe the devil lives in church. You tell us all the time. Irrelevant to the subject but still not true. Just the usual bashing from fiddy. Can you possibly stay on topic? Never mind.

The vast majority of people in 1st century Israel were relatively poor. They were mostly subsistence farmers and such. Wealth was extremely concentrated among a few at the top. 

Jesus fed them partly because this miracle of the loaves and fishes was a key sign validating he was from God, partly because they would have had to walk quite a distance to get food from the place they were, and partly because they were mostly poor. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

The vast majority of people in 1st century Israel were relatively poor. They were mostly subsistence farmers and such. Wealth was extremely concentrated among a few at the top. 

Jesus fed them partly because this miracle of the loaves and fishes was a key sign validating he was from God, partly because they would have had to walk quite a distance to get food from the place they were, and partly because they were mostly poor. 

Pretty sure it is the only miracle shared in all books of the Gospel.  

12 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

We know that you believe the devil lives in church. You tell us all the time. Irrelevant to the subject but still not true. Just the usual bashing from fiddy. Can you possibly stay on topic? Never mind.

i see it all the time in the news dude. wake up. read something that does not hurt your feelings. I am not the devil in church because too many are corrupt. they teach politics and many want to shove christianity down your throat whether you like it or not. i am fine with jesus tho i struggle with somethings. not the church. the church is probably responsible for wars and genocide than any other reason i can think of. and yes i do mention it often. I get tired of the peds in church and the coverups in so many others. but buddy when the evangelicals went with trump you let the devil in the church. prove me wrong. i dare you.