I loved our late 90's receiving corp

I miss the early to mid '00s defenses

Rudi gave us hope in 2000

2013 should be Marshall, without question

Derrick Brown, as good as he was, is still undervalued. STUD

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I've got some problems with this list. 

1997 was Craig and its not even close.  I remember some crazy stat like he accounted for 80% of Auburn's offense that year.

1993 - I was still a kid and with the TV ban but was Frank the best or Bostic? 

Same thing with Tillman in 87.   I was 5 so was Tillman really the best or just had the most well known play that season?

2002 Could have just as easily been Caddy before he broke his leg that year.  He single handedly carried Auburn to the comeback win against Syracuse that year

2013-2014 was Nick Marshall

2020 - Smoke Monday?  He was the best at getting stupid penalties.  Not great options this year but Bo or Seth was the best.

Edited by Win4AU
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

I've got some problems with this list. 

1997 was Craig and its not even close.  I remember some crazy stat like he accounted for 80% of Auburn's offense that year.

1993 - I was still a kid and with the TV ban but was Frank the best or Bostic? 

Same thing with Tillman in 87.   I was 5 so was Tillman really the best or just had the most well known play that season?

2002 Could have just as easily been Caddy before he broke his leg that year.  He single handedly carried Auburn to the comeback win against Syracuse that year

2013-2014 was Nick Marshall

2020 - Smoke Monday?  He was the best at getting stupid penalties.  Not great options this year but Bo or Seth was the best.

Agreed on 1997 having to be Craig, not to throw shade at Goodson, but Dameyune ran for his life for a good portion of that season. It's still amazing to me how that team managed to win 10 games.

1987 was tougher from an individual standpoint. Aundray Bruce ended up being the #1 overall pick after the '87 season, and against Georgia Tech had one of the single greatest games an AU defender has ever had (9 tackles, 3 sacks, 3 picks, the last of which was returned for a game-icing TD, a fumble recovery, and a forced fumble that was recovered for a TD).

Ironically enough, the play that accompanied Tillman's highlight was from the 1986 season, not the 1987 season. If there was footage somewhere of his game-winning TD catch in the back of the endzone against Georgia Tech, that's what should have been used. I've seen it, but it's hard to find because that game wasn't televised.

Some of the ones from lousy seasons were hard to argue against. I've tried to purge 1998, 2008, 2012 and 2020 from my memory 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SLAG-91 said:

Some of the ones from lousy seasons were hard to argue against. I've tried to purge 1998, 2008, 2012 and 2020 from my memory 

Years such as those and the past two seasons are difficult to think about but don't try too hard to block them out. Phoenix can't rise without the ashes of those seasons. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SLAG-91 said:

Agreed. Tre hitting 1000 yards in 2012 was about the only bright spot that whole season. I almost said Sean White in 2015 because without Sean stepping up that team wouldn’t even have made the Birmingham bowl but Peyton Barber probably was a better player, even though Jovon Robinson replaced him later in the season.  Jovon was probably the “best” player but had a case of the Micheal Dyers and couldn’t get his act together 

Edited by Win4AU

Without looking at that list…

82 - Bo

83 - Bo

84 - Fullwood

85 - Bo

86 - Fullwood

87 - Aundray Bruce

88 - Tracy Rocker

89 - Reggie Slack

90 - Stan White

91 - Stan White

92 - Scott Etheridge

93 - James Bostic

94 - Frank Sanders

95 - Stephen Davis

96 - Dameyune Craig

97 - Dameyune Craig

98 - Karsten Bailey

99 - Ronney Daniels

00 - Rudi

01 - Cadillac

02 - Ronnie Brown

03 - Cadillac

04 - Jason Campbell

05 - Kenny Irons

06 - Quentin Groves

07 - Antonio Coleman

08 - Antonio Coleman

09 - Ben Tate

10 - Cam

11 - Corey Lemonier

12 - Tre Mason

13 - Tre Mason

14 - Nick Marshall

15 - Daniel Carlson

16 - Daniel Carlson

17 - Kerryon Johnson

18 - Deshaun Davis

19 - Derrick Brown

20 - Anders Carlson

21 - Derick Hall

22 - Derick Hall

Shame I couldn’t find a spot for Dee Ford. Absolute terror in 2013 with 10.5 sacks / 14.5 TFL and equaled Lemonier’s production in 2012.

Edited by Viper

On 6/18/2023 at 3:35 PM, SLAG-91 said:

If there was footage somewhere of his game-winning TD catch in the back of the endzone against Georgia Tech, that's what should have been used. I've seen it, but it's hard to find because that game wasn't televised.

• Love 2

11 minutes ago, Viper said:

Still one of my favorite Auburn QBs. 

• Like 1