Trump declares ‘food for everyone’ at Miami restaurant, leaves without paying

aubiefifty

al.com

Trump declares ‘food for everyone’ at Miami restaurant, leaves without paying

Published: Jun. 16, 2023, 6:46 a.m.

~3 minutes

A supporter stands with former President Donald Trump as he visits Versailles restaurant on Tuesday, June 13, 2023, in Miami. Trump appeared in federal court Tuesday on dozens of felony charges accusing him of illegally hoarding classified documents and thwarting the Justice Department's efforts to get the records back. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

By

Brian Niemietz New York Daily News (TNS)

Tribune Media Services

Patrons at the Miami eatery Versailles cheered when Donald Trump twice declared “Food for everyone!” during a surprise stop at the Little Havana hotspot. Then he left without buying food for anyone, according to a local report.

Fresh off pleading not guilty to criminal charges in a Miami federal court, Trump was all smiles as he entered the crowded restaurant Tuesday. Well-wishers sang “Happy Birthday” to the former New Yorker on the eve of his 77th birthday.

Trump supporters told NBC 6 South Florida they thought the 45th president was treated unfairly when he was indicted on more than three-dozen counts of mishandling classified information obtained while he was in the White House.

Citing “a knowledgeable source,” Miami’s New Times said Trump’s visit lasted roughly 10 minutes, leaving no time for much other than shaking hands and waving. Neither the restaurant nor Trump’s campaign has replied to a request for comment.

The former president has been accused of walking out on bills in the past.

USA Today tracked down hundreds of blue-collar workers and lawyers in 2016 who claimed the Trump stiffed them after they provided services for his business.

When Republican presidential candidate Tim Scott announced his candidacy through a broken microphone in May, Trump advised him on social media to stiff the event’s contractor. Trump’s companies filed bankruptcy on six occasions.

But that isn’t to say the former president doesn’t sometimes reach for his wallet.

When Clemson University’s football team won a national championship in 2019, their White House visit included hundreds of offerings from Burger King and McDonald’s that the former president claimed he purchased personally.

Trump defenders on Twitter noted the GOP front-runner only said there’d be food for everyone at the restaurant — not that he was buying it.

©2023 New York Daily News. Visit nydailynews.com. Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.

If you purchase a product or register for an account through one of the links on our site, we may receive compensation. By browsing this site, we may share your information with our social media partners in accordance with our Privacy Policy.

i am sure folks will be in here to take up for him.

• Like 1

Just another one of hundreds of examples of why I never, not one day, ever believed a word he said. 

He is maddeningly always falling up the stairs.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

Well, at least he fulfilled his 2016 campaign promise of self funding his election since he was so rich…..oh wait…😅

• Like 1

6 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i am sure folks will be in here to take up for him.

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-did-trump-offer-buy-food-miami-leave-without-paying-1807346

“There is no evidence that the restaurant or anyone else at Versailles was short-changed by the former president, as some of the social media posts suggest.”

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-did-trump-offer-buy-food-miami-leave-without-paying-1807346

“There is no evidence that the restaurant or anyone else at Versailles was short-changed by the former president, as some of the social media posts suggest.”

i caught that.still what he said and how most normal people respond to what he said food for everyone.

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

5 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i caught that.still what he said and how most normal people respond to what he said food for everyone.

Did not even read the article did ya? How are we to believe you on serious matters when you throw up stuff like this. Very disappointing Fiddy. Guess I will forgive you again. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Did not even read the article did ya? How are we to believe you on serious matters when you throw up stuff like this. Very disappointing Fiddy. Guess I will forgive you again. 

i did read the article for the record. the writer apparently disagrees. besides it is in line with all the crap he pulls. you guys kill me. trump is a turd in all things. he will burn this country down if he gets the chance.

8 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i did read the article for the record. the writer apparently disagrees. besides it is in line with all the crap he pulls. you guys kill me. trump is a turd in all things. he will burn this country down if he gets the chance.

I am not defending Trump. Just pointing out your error. There is a big difference.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

I am not defending Trump. Just pointing out your error. There is a big difference.

there is a follow up article on yahoo which defends my point but we have bigger fish to fry. it was said and it seems trump did not stay around long enough to buy anyone jack. all talk as usual.......

9 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Once again, you add 2+2 and get 47. Clue to the clueless: Trump has done actual things to gripe about, yet you keep on posting made up foolishness. All you accomplish with stuff like this is to discredit yourself.

Taxes, Death and white 50 cent posting countless articles on Trump.   What are things that are inevitable?  You are correct for $400.   

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

there is a follow up article on yahoo which defends my point but we have bigger fish to fry. it was said and it seems trump did not stay around long enough to buy anyone jack. all talk as usual.......

How do you expect to “fry bigger fish” when you can not get this nonsense right?

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

Yahoo. LOL. Are these real journalist or just opinionist exploiting the vulnerable?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, arein0 said:

image.png

Sounds like a dog bark. Feeling exploited early this morning? LOL

well  fella's tell me why so many complained at trumps event they did not get free food? they did you know..........

• Haha 1

On 6/17/2023 at 4:25 PM, SaltyTiger said:

LMAO