White House Violates Flag Rules/Etiquette

Today is flag day but the WH apparentlt cares less as they violate flag flying rules and accepted etiquette by putting the so-called Pride flag between two American flags. Disgusting!

The White House has two American flags inbetween a rainbow flag with brown, black, light blue, pink and white stripes on it. Brendan Smialowski/Contributor, Getty Images

• Facepalm 1

https://www.forbes.com/sites/petersuciu/2023/06/12/claims-on-social-media-that-white-house-violated-us-flag-code-are-wrong/?sh=6e67d4624bc1

Claims On Social Media That White House Violated U.S. Flag Code Are Wrong

Users on social media quickly responded to the photos, suggesting the White House had violated U.S. Flag Code Section 7(e), which requires the American flag to be in the center of any display featuring multiple flags or pennants.

"The flag of the United States of America should be at the center and at the highest point of the group when a number of flags of States or localities or pennants of societies are grouped and displayed from staffs," the Flag Code section states.

Senator Roger Marshall (R-Kansas) was among those who tweeted that the White House display was a breach of U.S. Flag Code, while Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton also suggested on social media that the White House had violated the tenets of the Flag Code.

Even as thousands of users on social media made their case that the White House had violated the U.S. Flag Code, a large number of other users were equally quick to point out that a U.S. flag was flying atop the White House—suggesting that the display did in fact adhere to the U.S. flag code.

In the original images that circulated on social media, the U.S. flag flying over the White House was cropped out—either by accident or design. In either case, it certainly changes the context, as there was a U.S. flag at the highest point.

Others on social media brought up the fact that U.S. Flag Code Section 10 also states, "Any rule or custom pertaining to the display of the flag of the United States of America, set forth herein, may be altered, modified, or repealed, or additional rules with respect thereto may be prescribed, by the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the United States, whenever he deems it to be appropriate or desirable; and any such alteration or additional rule shall be set forth in a proclamation."

As president, Joe Biden is also commander-in-chief of the Armed Forces of the United States, and it was therefore within his rights to display the flags for Saturday's event as he saw fit.

This just speaks to how all too often the context is missing in these online discussions. If done as a misunderstanding, it would serve as an example of misinformation where crucial facts are missing; whereas it could be disinformation if done with the intent to deceive the audience.

"Whether it's cropped images or cropped quotes, deliberately taking things out of context has been the biggest weapon of deception for ages," warned technology entrepreneur Lon Safko, author of The Social Media Bible.

"Misinformation was recently listed as the biggest single concern by corporations, marketers, journalists, and advertisers. It's easy to do and extremely effective," said Safko.

In this case, it was likely a misunderstanding of the facts, but Safko further explained that advances in artificial intelligence will make disinformation campaigns all the more effective.

cee7fa65-b74c-4d87-942d-3025a07bdede_1140x641.jpg

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Today is flag day but the WH apparentlt cares less as they violate flag flying rules and accepted etiquette by putting the so-called Pride flag between two American flags. Disgusting!

The White House has two American flags inbetween a rainbow flag with brown, black, light blue, pink and white stripes on it. Brendan Smialowski/Contributor, Getty Images

good lord do not hold back! let us know how you really feel...................

funny ol tiger did not lose it over posting the wrong facts AND american flag as well. her own side gave her hell.

Edited by aubiefifty

I just love it when the same folks who excuse a seditious mob breaking into the capitol get upset with a violation in flag protocol.  :rolleyes:

Edited by homersapien

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I just love it when the same folks who excuse a seditious mob breaking into the capitol gets upset with a violation in flag protocol.  :rolleyes:

I assume you mean me. Show me where I excused them.

1 minute ago, Son of A Tiger said:

I assume you mean me. Show me where I excused them.

You assumed wrong.  I was thinking in general terms of MAGAs.  And we've had plenty on this forum make excuses for or minimizing Jan. 6. 

Hell it happens almost daily.  A favorite is to make a "whataboutism" to the 2020 George Floyd riots.

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You assumed wrong.  I was thinking in general terms of MAGAs.  And we've had plenty on this forum make excuses for or minimizing Jan. 6. 

Hell it happens almost daily.  A favorite is to make a "whataboutism" to the 2020 George Floyd riots.

I  don't think so.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

I  don't think so.

I didn't even know you authored the OP when I replied.  But you believe what you want to.  For that matter, I don't believe you condemned the MAGA Jan. 6 riots.

Edited by homersapien

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

I didn't even know you authored the OP when I replied.

But you believe what you want to.

i say old chap. i believe we have him all puffed up like a bullfrog. he wants battle he can taste it.............

Just now, Son of A Tiger said:

OK here ya go.

May be an image of text that says 'Someone said June is pride month... I thought I would post my pride flag.'

i do not have to show a flag. i served my country for four long years. i enlisted when the draft was going on. the point you miss is gays have served this country and died for it as well. are they not dutiful patriots as well? can we love them with the rest of our dead that sacrificed themselves for this country? what say see...............

• Like 2

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

i do not have to show a flag. i served my country for four long years. i enlisted when the draft was going on. the point you miss is gays have served this country and died for it as well. are they not dutiful patriots as well? can we love them with the rest of our dead that sacrificed themselves for this country? what say see...............

They served and died respecting our flag just like the Marines who raised it on Iwo Jima, not some "pride" flag.

i can point out so much bull**** in some of yalls logic. we love our country. wait...........not the gays that served just the straight ones. they gays do not count because someone is bullshitting folks into thinking they are demons. they are people

Just now, Son of A Tiger said:

They served and died respecting our flag just like the Marines who raised it on Iwo Jima, not some "pride" flag.

i can point out so much bull**** in some of yalls logic. we love our country. wait...........not the gays that served just the straight ones. they gays do not count because someone is bullshitting folks into thinking they are demons. they are people who fought bled and died for this country. have i about got it right?

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i can point out so much bull**** in some of yalls logic. we love our country. wait...........not the gays that served just the straight ones. they gays do not count because someone is bullshitting folks into thinking they are demons. they are people who fought bled and died for this country. have i about got it right?

You have no idea what you are talking about. You and your kind here don't know who I am. I have a gay cousin. I have two gay men who live across the street from me who are good friends and avid Auburn fans. I go to their tailgate in front of Sanford Hall on football home games. I also am friends with a former Auburn women's softball coach who is gay. One block from me are two gay women who are also friends. One is a former Auburn volley ball and basketball star who has an olympic gold medal and a star/plaque on the sidewalk on Magnolia Ave. 

So you can stop your own self righteous BS and maybe quit pointing fingers at other posters where you are pissing in the wind.