2024 SEC Opponents announced - Home: A&M, Ark, Vandy, OU Away: Bama, UGA, Mizzou, UK

W.E.D

2 hours ago, toddc said:

We’ve gotten numb to a hard schedule. But for the sec east teams (with the exception of maybe uf who played lsu and fsu every year) - this is absolutely terrifying.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

If we don't have a championship game, they will put in teams over us that win their championship.  

We are already getting knocked for having 8 games

We disagree on it so I'll say this. TCU embarrassed themselves last year and I guess I'm just not buying into the conference championship games outside the SEC producing much other than the Ohio State. 

Edited by gr82be
  • Like 1

Just now, gr82be said:

We disagree on it so I'll say this. TCU embarrassed themselves last year and I guess I'm just not buying into the conference championship games outside the SEC producing much other than the Big Ten. 

I don't know what to tell you...but we aren't going to drop our championship game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Same. Hopefully to happen in 25.

This will piss some off but I think they fix it by droping the AU-UGA game for 1 year & pick it bck up the next year by playing the game where it would have been the year bedore.

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I don't know what to tell you...but we aren't going to drop our championship game. 

Yup. Makes too much money to drop it and teams have a hell of a lot of pride in playing it.

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

No one knows.  It's a 1 year schedule.  Could be 8 Tx on the road.  Could be 9 games with OU on the road.

Everyone had their "insider" guess and virtually all of them were completely wrong

All SEC teams will play OU & TX each once by 2025.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

This will piss some off but I think they fix it by droping the AU-UGA game for 1 year & pick it bck up the next year by playing the game where it would have been the year bedore.

Possibly. Hopefully GA gets dropped to being a rotator. Kirbs will pass dink in National Titles by the time he retires. No need to hope to play them 2-3 times per season.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

46 minutes ago, Viper said:

Possibly. Hopefully GA gets dropped to being a rotator. Kirbs will pass dink in National Titles by the time he retires. No need to hope to play them 2-3 times per season.

Gives Auburn a chance to catch up in the series in 3-4 seasons 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Viper said:

All SEC teams will play OU & TX each once by 2025.

Maybe but that hasn't been said by a legit source yet as far as I can tell. Peter Burns tweeted every SEC team will play Texas or OU in 2024. He didn't say anything about playing the other in 2025.

Not eatrh shattering but BMatt said LSU will not be a permanent if/when we go to a 3-6 format.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Maybe but that hasn't been said by a legit source yet as far as I can tell. Peter Burns tweeted every SEC team will play Texas or OU in 2024. He didn't say anything about playing the other in 2025.

1f25b41de4971e476be3285249f2dd2f0a06074a

Auburn Twitter welcoming Oklahoma to the Big Leagues!

image.thumb.png.9eec52cfb62c6040ea3996fb7ee70eff.png

• Like 1

7 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

We’ve gotten numb to a hard schedule. But for the sec east teams (with the exception of maybe uf who played lsu and fsu every year) - this is absolutely terrifying.

To those teams:

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Not eatrh shattering but BMatt said LSU will not be a permanent if/when we go to a 3-6 format.

I'm not sure how he knows when no one else knows....even the SEC/Presidents.  Everyone know's 2 teams rivals then I don't think anyone has a clue.

Very similar to all these articles that came out with predicted schedules and a lot claimed they "heard" it or something.  Pretty sure not a single one was remotely accurate.

Edited by W.E.D

8 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

I bet it is terrifying too!

Okie fans are having buyers remorse. 😂 

image.thumb.png.c7e3f5dbf3dacb9890a203d65bd54b06.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, toddc said:

Okie fans are having buyers remorse. 😂 

image.thumb.png.c7e3f5dbf3dacb9890a203d65bd54b06.png

He’s right. The propaganda ESPN runs out there is nauseating. I don’t like the expansion. Didn’t like it in 2012 either. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was looking at the 2024 Oklahoma schedule and it really is tough. Auburn at Jordan Hare, LSU in Baton Rouge, Bama, Texas, Tennessee, Ole Miss -- DAMN! They get a schedule like Auburn has always had!  hahaha 

Yep. Brutal! Am I sympathetic? Do I feel bad for Okies? Nope!

Thing is, though, Oklahoma will clobber SEC teams in many other sports, so I feel absolutely no sympathy for them in football. They get their revenge in other sports.

BMatt’s Monday musings

AUBURN | Auburn got exactly what it needed from the SEC’s one-off schedule for 2024.

It’s exactly what the Tigers have lacked since the conference divided into two divisions and added the SEC Championship game more than three decades ago.

Competitive balance.

Step by step, Freeze is building Auburn back into a championship contender. (Austin Perryman/Auburn athletics)

I’m not going to pretend that Auburn’s trophy case would be bursting with trophies had this been the case since 1992, but I think it’s fair to say AU would have been in position to play for more championships and made more than six appearances in the SEC Championship game if it didn’t play Alabama, Georgia and LSU every single season.

With the SEC eliminating divisions and eventually settling on a 7-1 or 6-3 model, those days are over unless one of those three teams undergoes an extended period in the bottom half of the SEC standings.

That’s not to say all three won’t be on AU’s schedule at once. They certainly will with a 6-3 scheduling model and could with a 7-1 model too.

Both models have every team playing the other 15 teams in the league twice — both home and away — over a four-year period so Auburn-LSU will be able to continue a rivalry that’s included some of the most electric games in league history.

It’ll just be twice every four years and not every single year.

The same goes for annual games against Arkansas, Ole Miss, Mississippi State and Texas A&M. But I’d personally prefer Auburn to play Tennessee, Florida, Kentucky and the rest of the former East teams twice every four years than the same ole boring former West teams every year and going nearly a decade between trips to Knoxville or Gainesville.

The other big move the SEC can do to help even out Auburn’s schedule is have the Tigers visit Sanford Stadium in back-to-back years in 2024-25.

By doing so AU can get back to alternating years of playing Alabama and Georgia at home as it was before the Bulldogs came to Jordan-Hare Stadium in successive years in 2012-13.

When it comes to competitive balance, however, it’s not just about Auburn’s strength of schedule. It’s about the other top teams in the SEC too.

Georgia plays at Alabama in 2024 and the Tide plays at LSU. With every team playing each other twice every four years, there won’t be many, if any, instances like this coming fall when UGA’s toughest games are at Tennessee and against Florida in Jacksonville while AU plays Alabama and UGA at home and travels to LSU, Texas A&M and Arkansas.

There’s nothing balanced about this year’s schedule and that’s why it needed to be kicked to the curb.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

On 6/17/2023 at 11:03 PM, AURex said:

Thing is, though, Oklahoma will clobber SEC teams in many other sports, so I feel absolutely no sympathy for them in football. They get their revenge in other sports.

Yes they will.  Softball is on such an incredible run right now.  They lost ONCE all year through the WCWS. That loss was in non conference play early and finished with 53 straight wins.  Simply astonishing. 

• Like 1