2024 SEC Opponents announced - Home: A&M, Ark, Vandy, OU Away: Bama, UGA, Mizzou, UK

W.E.D

7 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I would say I’m holding out for 25 when we get UGA and Bama at home but who knows what 25 holds.  I was being a little snarky about the 8-4.  

Remains to be seen what impact it has but we do go to Baylor that year. If we kept the same opponents (which I doubt) it would be four games against current or former Big 12 teams, plus a former SWC team.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KansasTiger said:

Does this possibly mean we travel to OU in 2025? Asking so I can desperately see an Auburn game.

@KansasTiger I doubt it. The only givens for 2025 is we have Bama & UGA plus likely get LSU & Texas. If we get a 5th traditional power in 2025 it would be Florida or the Vols before OU IMO.

57 minutes ago, AUwent said:

They're probably going to want to see the 12 team playoff in action to see if any three-loss teams get picked. So for that reason, I fully believe 2025 will be another bridge schedule.

@AUwent possibly but I think ESPN ponying up extra $$$ for 9 conference games will be a bigger factor on if we go to 9 con games in 2025.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@KansasTiger I doubt it. The only givens for 2025 is we have Bama & UGA plus likely get LSU & Texas. If we get a 5th traditional power in 2025 it would be Florida or the Vols before OU IMO.

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952f83c98a8e35c6ba95

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

I wish they would've split home/away with bama/UGA but giving us the little sisters of the East is beautiful 

They set a stupid rule that nobody would travel to the same location as 2023. So no choice but to continue both rivals schedule as is.  Although would not be surprised to see it fixed in 2025 with us traveling to Georgia for 2nd year in a row.  Made up for it with the rest of schedule though. 

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

I kind of hope Georgia cycles off the schedule after 24. We can play them in a championship game.

With 12 team playoff upcoming we really don't need the disadvantage of a conference championship game. You could literally have Auburn and Georgia play an extra game while Alabama sat home, got well and rolled into the playoffs in better shape that Auburn or Georgia, at least hypothetically. 

• Thanks 1
  • Angry 1

56 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@Win4AU You are underselling us buddy. With that schedule & another off season for Freeze to revamp whatever else is needed on the roster & we can make a playoff run in 2024 given it will go to 12 teams.

This right here.

39 minutes ago, ellitor said:

You think the 6-3 schedule is a given? I said it earlier but give me 1-8 with Bama and let LSU and UGA rotate on and off.  Its just a matter of time at this point with Saban.  UGA and LSU are just getting started.  It may be a loser mentality but I'm tired of watching Auburn get their brains beat in by the 3 best teams in the SEC every season.  No other team has had to deal with that every year. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, gr82be said:

With 12 team playoff upcoming we really don't need the disadvantage of a conference championship game. You could literally have Auburn and Georgia play an extra game while Alabama sat home, got well and rolled into the playoffs in better shape that Auburn or Georgia, at least hypothetically. 

Lets see them in the playoffs then. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

You think the 6-3 schedule is a given?

@Win4AU wasn't talking about any model for 2025. Whether we go to a model in 2025 or it be another 1 off schedule I stand by my opinions. That being said I do think it's much more likely we go to a 3-6 model than a 1-8 model when we go to 9 games. Nearly every team has multiple important rivalries they want to play yearly which makes the 3-6 model much more likely.

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

No way that could ever happen. 

(except for that time it already did)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

You think the 6-3 schedule is a given? I said it earlier but give me 1-8 with Bama and let LSU and UGA rotate on and off.  Its just a matter of time at this point with Saban.  UGA and LSU are just getting started.  It may be a loser mentality but I'm tired of watching Auburn get their brains beat in by the 3 best teams in the SEC every season.  No other team has had to deal with that every year. 

Until we finish de-Harsining, we might want to consider claiming Missouri and Vanderbilt are our biggest rivals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Until we finish de-Harsining, we might want to consider claiming Missouri and Vanderbilt are our biggest rivals.

Yep, it's a long way out of the Harsin debacle. 

And we have a good coach, but not a great one.*

*prepares for the onslaught

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Let’s see them in the playoffs then. 

Pretty simple to me. Chances are we would be a higher seed too, so chances are if Alabama were to make it they would be playing another conference championship or higher seed other than us first. At that point there is no excuses.  Do what you got to do to win. 

• WarTiger changed the title to 2024 SEC Opponents announced

• W.E.D changed the title to 2024 SEC Opponents announced - Home: A&M, Ark, Vandy, OU Away: Bama, UGA, Mizzou, UK
14 hours ago, cbo said:

I do wish they had changed the Bama/UGA home road split. But that's my only complaint. 

Same. Hopefully to happen in 25.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

Does this possibly mean we travel to OU in 2025?

No, we’ll be playing Texas in 25, likely on the road.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, gr82be said:

You could literally have Auburn and Georgia play an extra game while Alabama sat home, got well and rolled into the playoffs in better shape that Auburn or Georgia, at least hypothetically. 

That hypothetically happened 6 seasons ago. 

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Viper said:

That hypothetically happened 6 seasons ago. 

My point was that with twelve teams in a playoff there could possibly be three to four SEC teams making the playoffs. Why would anyone care to play a conference championship game when the alternative is basically a bye week. Six years ago I don't believe it was a given that Bama was in the playoff. It would likely be the case now. 

Edited by gr82be
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Viper said:

No, we’ll be playing Texas in 25, likely on the road.

No one knows.  It's a 1 year schedule.  Could be 8 Tx on the road.  Could be 9 games with OU on the road.

Everyone had their "insider" guess and virtually all of them were completely wrong

2 minutes ago, gr82be said:

My point was that with twelve teams in a playoff there could possibly be three to four SEC teams making the playoffs. Why would anyone care to play a conference championship game when the alternative is basically a bye week. Six years ago I don't believe it was a given that Bama was in the playoff. It would likely be the case now. 

Because the winner is going to get 1/2 and a bye.  The 3rd team isn't going to get a bye week

9 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Because the winner is going to get 1/2 and a bye.  The 3rd team isn't going to get a bye week

Yes, they technically already had it by not having to play in a championship game. But yes, I guess it does balance out if that's the case. 

8 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Yes, they technically already had it by not having to play in a championship game. But yes, I guess it does balance out if that's the case. 

If we don't have a championship game, they will put in teams over us that win their championship.  

We are already getting knocked for having 8 games

Edited by W.E.D