MLB and Pride Day/Month

DKW 86

22 minutes ago, arein0 said:

The only fact present in this stupid argument is that 24.7k tickets were sold. Your range of 12-15k is pulled out of thin air.

Oh, and who started this stupid argument?

Just now, AUFAN78 said:

Didn't you claim in one of your initial post that the official attendance was 24.7? And now you change that to tickets sold?  You see the difference right?

And my 12-15k is my observation. Why does that offend you? 

Official attendance and tickets sold are the same thing. When you go to an Auburn game and they announce the Official Attendance, they are really announcing how many tickets are sold. 

Exactly an observation. You are trying to say an observation is fact when there are reported factual numbers that say otherwise. It offends me because it is infuriating that people will disregard actual data and instead use a guesstimate. It would be one thing if there was no data available, but there is data available and it has been provided to you.

10 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Oh, and who started this stupid argument?

You did right here when you dismissed real data for a guesstimate.

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

The stadium holds roughly 42K and is obviously not half full, yet you cite 24.7k as attendance. And look, attendance numbers are frequently exaggerated. We all know that. Just judging from photos and the provided video and say more like 12-15K.  Was that more or less than any other mid week game? 

3 minutes ago, arein0 said:

Official attendance and tickets sold are the same thing. When you go to an Auburn game and they announce the Official Attendance, they are really announcing how many tickets are sold. 

Exactly an observation. You are trying to say an observation is fact when there are reported factual numbers that say otherwise. It offends me because it is infuriating that people will disregard actual data and instead use a guesstimate. It would be one thing if there was no data available, but there is data available and it has been provided to you.

That is inaccurate. One can claim tickets sold are far more important and with that I could agree, but seats in the stands they are not. I agree stadium announcements reflect tickets sold, but that is not the same as actual attendance.  

The data you provided was tickets sold, not seats in the stands. Look at turnstile numbers if you want seat in stands numbers.

And regarding my observation: after seeing photos and video I would think most fair observations could clearly distinguish the discrepancy between reported attendance and actual. 

• Facepalm 1

15 minutes ago, arein0 said:

You did right here when you dismissed real data for a guesstimate.

No. DKW started the thread, myself and fidy made jokes and then noticeably offended, you started the objections. 

1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

That is inaccurate. One can claim tickets sold are far more important and with that I could agree, but seats in the stands they are not. I agree stadium announcements reflect tickets sold, but that is not the same as actual attendance.  

The data you provided was tickets sold, not seats in the stands. Look at turnstile numbers if you want seat in stands numbers.

And regarding my observation: after seeing photos and video I would think most fair observations could clearly distinguish the discrepancy between reported attendance and actual. 

Okay, so you want to compare your guesstimate of actual attendance vs previous reported ticket sales of previous games and you see nothing wrong with that?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, arein0 said:

Okay, so you want to compare your guesstimate of actual attendance vs previous reported ticket sales of previous games and you see nothing wrong with that?

Sigh

Obviously deeper issues at play here. Feel free to discuss them. Why are you offended?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Sigh

Obviously deeper issues at play here. Feel free to discuss them. Why are you offended?

Why are you offended? You are the one that jumped in failing to disprove data.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, arein0 said:

Why are you offended? You are the one that jumped in failing to disprove data.

You got me bro. Damn! 

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

Either welcome gay people into society, recognize their contributions and, long suffering or,,,

be a completely bigoted, needlessly cruel force for evil.

Jesus taught love, not persecution. 

Well having ding bat embarrassingly attempt first pitch in front of maybe 2000 fans is a setback for the cause. Got to admit the thing was weak ITCHY.

3 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Well having ding bat embarrassingly attempt first pitch in front of maybe 2000 fans is a setback for the cause. Got to admit the thing was weak ITCHY.

Does this really represent your understanding, your thinking, your levels of empathy and respect for others?

15 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Does this really represent your understanding, your thinking, your levels of empathy and respect for others?

I don’t care for Pelosi and really do not understand the need for gay pride anything. No disrespect intended.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, arein0 said:

24.7k was reported. That means 24.7k tickets were purchased.

OH!!! So we arent talking attendance at all. We are talking tickets sold, given away, season ticket holders that did not show up, etc then? But we are not talking about actual attendance.

That makes sense then.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 6/13/2023 at 11:50 AM, johnnyAU said:

Maybe Nancy bought 15,000 tickets and tried to hand them out front hoping folks would come in and just didn't get many takers.  :)~

Not uncommon at all actually for dignitaries and/or companies to purchase vast swaths of tickets. Oftentimes, it's the obvious disconnect between a half filled stadium and a full one or in this particular case half filled or quarter filled vs reported attendance. 

Edited by AUFAN78

On 6/13/2023 at 10:02 AM, icanthearyou said:

Either let liberals shove this sh!t down your throat and celebrate it like a puppet welcome gay people into society, recognize their contributions and, long suffering or

Fixed your typo. 

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...