MLB and Pride Day/Month

DKW 86

Pride Logo on MLB Website down after only a few hours. 
Pelosi throws out the first pitch at the Nationals Game for Pride Day. Stands are < batting practice full.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Pride Logo on MLB Website down after only a few hours. 
Pelosi throws out the first pitch at the Nationals Game for Pride Day. Stands are < batting practice full.

Hmmm. Is Vaseline allowed on the first pitch? 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Hmmm. Is Vaseline allowed on the first pitch? 

this would suggest you have first hand knowledge of gay sex. i think you will be ok until you put a dress on then you best keep a close eye on iam....................

I think using the Nationals and poor attendance at this game is a bit of a reach. They are regularly have poor attendance showings, and this outing wasn't even in the bottom 10 of worst attendance showings on the year.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

this would suggest you have first hand knowledge of gay sex. i think you will be ok until you put a dress on then you best keep a close eye on iam....................

Fidy I've never scolded you for sticking your wick where you choose. Let your freak flag fly. 

And for the record, Miss America consumes my desires. No need for exploration. 

12 hours ago, arein0 said:

I think using the Nationals and poor attendance at this game is a bit of a reach. They are regularly have poor attendance showings, and this outing wasn't even in the bottom 10 of worst attendance showings on the year.

Time to move to Montreal again.

• Like 1

My understanding is that the Texas Rangers are the only team that isn't/didn't have an official Pride game. 

So Washington's apparently wasn't well attended. How has it gone for the other 28 Pride games in MLB? 

Edited by CoffeeTiger

2 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

My understanding is that the Texas Rangers are the only team that isn't/didn't have an official Pride game. 

So Washington's apparently wasn't well attended. How has it gone for the other 28 Pride games in MLB? 

The few that I checked (MIA, SF, WAS, MIL) that already had there pride day looks to have had no impact on attendance one way or the other. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Of course they did not. Everyone is welcome to their game any night. Why the need?

https://www.tpusa.com/live/this-one-mlb-team-will-not-host-an-lgbt-night-for-pride-month

“Our commitment is to make everyone feel welcome and included in Rangers baseball. That means in our ballpark, at every game, and in all we do — for both our fans and our employees. We deliver on that promise across our many programs to have a positive impact across our entire community.”

• Like 2

7 hours ago, arein0 said:

The few that I checked (MIA, SF, WAS, MIL) that already had there pride day looks to have had no impact on attendance one way or the other. 

Checked the Montgomery Biscuits and Pensacola Blue Wahoos. No pride night promo but pretty sure both are having Hawaii shirt night.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some of yall are so funny.

Average attendance for Washington Nationals?

25K There must be 23K dressed as empty seats....OMG some of you are so immature.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/246813/average-per-game-attendance-of-the-washington-nationals/#:~:text=The average attendance at Washington,Baseball in 2022 was 25%2C017.

Washington Nationals average attendance 2022 | Statista

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

25K There must be 23K dressed as empty seats....OMG some of you are so immature.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/246813/average-per-game-attendance-of-the-washington-nationals/#:~:text=The average attendance at Washington,Baseball in 2022 was 25%2C017.

I don't think anyone has said anything about average? I said there was no impact on attendance. Their weekday games are regularly much lower than Friday, Saturday, or Sunday games

You're right, it is immature to assume there were only 2k fans at the game when the official attendance number was 24.7k. You can take at the link below and make your own conclusions (just make sure you dont take into account away games), or you can watch a video where the guy tells you what to think.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/WSN/2023-schedule-scores.shtml

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

You’re just taking a ‘reaction’ video off of YouTube too seriously. This guy obviously has a narrative to push and a video he wanted clicks on. 

attendance was in line with normal weekday games for the Nats.

have you ever been to an AU football game in an ‘average’ season against a mediocre opponent? 
Do you know how empty Jordan Hare can be during pregame activities, and even into the start of the 1st Q. same thing here. This is pregame before they even played the national anthem. 

here’s the games highlight reel. The stands are filled out normally by the middle of the 1st inning at 1:00 on. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, arein0 said:

I don't think anyone has said anything about average? I said there was no impact on attendance. Their weekday games are regularly much lower than Friday, Saturday, or Sunday games

You're right, it is immature to assume there were only 2k fans at the game when the official attendance number was 24.7k. You can take at the link below and make your own conclusions (just make sure you dont take into account away games), or you can watch a video where the guy tells you what to think.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/WSN/2023-schedule-scores.shtml

So just to be clear, you are saying the photo of Pelosi throwing out the first pitch and the associated empty stands in that photo are fake?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

So just to be clear, you are saying the photo of Pelosi throwing out the first pitch and the associated empty stands in that photo are fake?

Why would I think it's fake? I think it's a misrepresentation of the actual attendance numbers.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, arein0 said:

Why would I think it's fake? I think it's a misrepresentation of the actual attendance numbers.

The stadium holds roughly 42K and is obviously not half full, yet you cite 24.7k as attendance. And look, attendance numbers are frequently exaggerated. We all know that. Just judging from photos and the provided video and say more like 12-15K.  Was that more or less than any other mid week game? 

Edited by AUFAN78

9 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

The stadium holds roughly 42K and is obviously not half full, yet you cite 24.7k as attendance. And look, attendance numbers are frequently exaggerated. We all know that. Just judging from photos and the provided video and say more like 12-15K.  Was that more or less than any other mid week game? 

24.7k was reported. That means 24.7k tickets were purchased.

You are trying to make a statement that the reported numbers are exaggerated and want to use a new number to compare to other games without adjusting for your "exaggeration". So in essence, you are saying compare this new number that you believe to be true vs all the other numbers that were reported the exact same way but for this one day reject. 🤔

13 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

The recorded attendance for the game the next day on Wednesday night was 18,180.  https://www.espn.com/mlb/team/_/name/wsh/washington-nationals

The attendance for the Fri-Sun home games before that were at around 30k 

Nobody is saying the stadium was packed or that more people came out for pride night. We're just discounting the OP videos claim that a lot of people specifically boycotted the Pride night game in some kind of message against pride night. That claim does not appear to be true or accurate. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, arein0 said:

24.7k was reported. That means 24.7k tickets were purchased.

You are trying to make a statement that the reported numbers are exaggerated and want to use a new number to compare to other games without adjusting for your "exaggeration". So in essence, you are saying compare this new number that you believe to be true vs all the other numbers that were reported the exact same way but for this one day reject. 🤔

No just telling you facts. Stadium attendance numbers are often inflated. And I can obviously see this 42k seat stadium is less than half full. Spin it however you wish.

Either welcome gay people into society, recognize their contributions and, long suffering or,,,

be a completely bigoted, needlessly cruel force for evil.

Jesus taught love, not persecution. 

6 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

The recorded attendance for the game the next day on Wednesday night was 18,180.  https://www.espn.com/mlb/team/_/name/wsh/washington-nationals

The attendance for the Fri-Sun home games before that were at around 30k 

Nobody is saying the stadium was packed or that more people came out for pride night. We're just discounting the OP videos claim that a lot of people specifically boycotted the Pride night game in some kind of message against pride night. That claim does not appear to be true or accurate. 

18K sounds about right and in comparison I'd say the attendance numbers in the video were likely just shy of that. 

Just now, AUFAN78 said:

No just telling you facts. Stadium attendance numbers are often inflated. And I can obviously see this 42k seat stadium is less than half full. Spin it however you wish.

The only fact present in this stupid argument is that 24.7k tickets were sold. Your range of 12-15k is pulled out of thin air.

1 minute ago, arein0 said:

The only fact present in this stupid argument is that 24.7k tickets were sold. Your range of 12-15k is pulled out of thin air.

Didn't you claim in one of your initial post that the official attendance was 24.7? And now you change that to tickets sold?  You see the difference right?

And my 12-15k is my observation. Why does that offend you?