Republicans interest in a balanced budget is less than zero

There can be no logical explanation for Republican policy other than,,, the destruction of government and society, the ultimate implementation of an authoritarian, fascist government.

Breaking down all institutions other than the party, creating social division, have historically been key to achieving a "democratic" shift into authoritarianism.

The goal of the propaganda and policies seems clear under historical perspective.

Just now, icanthearyou said:

There can be no logical explanation for Republican policy other than,,, the destruction of government and society, the ultimate implementation of an authoritarian, fascist government.

Breaking down all institutions other than the party, creating social division, have historically been key to achieving a "democratic" shift into authoritarianism.

The goal of the propaganda and policies seems clear under historical perspective.

it is greed plain and simple.

I'd like to see the details because I think raising taxes on high income individuals is a good idea. While lowering taxes on the middle class and below could be a good idea. Why?

High income individuals can only spend so much money, they don't have time to spend it all, so what's left over is taken out of circulation and put into savings. This reduces the amount of dollars that can produce taxes (federal, state, and local) as the dollar tumbles through the economy.

Middle class and lower folks could spend all of their dollars and produce increased taxes revenues from those extra dollars as it tumbles through the economy.

Obviously, the devil is in the details. Is there and economist on the forum for comment?

2 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Sounds like they should get a unanimous vote in DC 

5 hours ago, creed said:

I'd like to see the details because I think raising taxes on high income individuals is a good idea. While lowering taxes on the middle class and below could be a good idea. Why?

High income individuals can only spend so much money, they don't have time to spend it all, so what's left over is taken out of circulation and put into savings. This reduces the amount of dollars that can produce taxes (federal, state, and local) as the dollar tumbles through the economy.

Middle class and lower folks could spend all of their dollars and produce increased taxes revenues from those extra dollars as it tumbles through the economy.

Obviously, the devil is in the details. Is there and economist on the forum for comment?

They ain’t raising on no one.

This is one of many reasons I stopped listening to Republicans in 2005. These are just meaningless words from them. They are going to give tax breaks to the rich and cash the checks. They don't care any about the people.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

This is one of many reasons I stopped listening to Republicans in 2005. These are just meaningless words from them. They are going to give tax breaks to the rich and cash the checks. They don't care any about the people.

True.  And,,, in many ways you are correct about Democrats.  They talk a really good game but, have few real convictions.  Some of the states in which they hold power, are the most regressive in taxation.

It is fascinating to me that, you and I agree on so much yet, never agree on the details and implications.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

True.  And,,, in many ways you are correct about Democrats.  They talk a really good game but, have few real convictions.  Some of the states in which they hold power, are the most regressive in taxation.

It is fascinating to me that, you and I agree on so much yet, never agree on the details and implications.

Its just our life experiences. Homey and I are much closer than most on the board. We argue over details. BTW, I get and agree with you about 80%+ of the time. If I reacted to everything you say I would almost sound like a cheerleader. 

• Like 1