More MAGA Terrorism

arein0

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/solomon-pena-new-mexico-shooting-indicted-b2349667.html?

Failed MAGA candidate indicted for shooting spree targeting Democrats who refused to overturn election for him

A failed Republican candidate has been indicted on federal charges of organising a series of drive-by shootings at the homes of Democratic officials in New Mexico after losing his 2022 midterm election, according to a Department of Justice statement.

Solomon Peña, 40, allegedly hired four gunmen to carry out the shooting spree at the homes of two New Mexico lawmakers and two Bernalillo County commissioners after losing his bid for the state house’s 14th district, a newly unsealed grand jury indictment shows.

Prosecutors say Mr Peña went to the homes of three election officials urging them not to certify the results of the state house race, despite receiving just 26 per cent of the vote.

When they refused, he allegedly hired father and son Demetrio and Jose Trujillo and two others to carry out the shootings between 4 December 2022 and 3 January this year. One of the shootings was carried out with a machine gun, prosecutors say.

Mr Peña stands charged with 11 federal counts including conspiracy, interference with federally protected activities and firearms charges, the unsealed indictment shows.

“In America, the integrity of our voting system is sacrosanct,” New Mexico US Attorney Alexander Uballez said in a statement.

“To those who try to sow division, chaos, and fear into our democratic process, these charges should send a message that we are unified, organized, and undaunted.”   

One of those targeted, previously identified as New Mexico state senator Linda Lopez, said that more than a dozen bullets had been fired at her home, including three that passed through her 10-year-old daughter’s bed as she lay sleeping.

Mr Peña was arrested on 16 January by an Albuquerque Police Department SWAT team on suspicion of masterminding the attacks.

Detectives said they had identified him as a suspect using vehicle and cellphone records, witness interviews and shell casings collected at the lawmakers’ homes.

In 2008, he was convicted of 19 felonies including burglary, larceny, and receiving stolen property after a “smash and grab scheme” and served seven years in federal prison, court records show.

After his release, Mr Peña told local media he wanted to enter politics to “improve my lot in life” and ran for office as a religious conservative.

In social media posts and on his campaign website, which has since been taken down, he expressed support for QAnon-adjacent ideas and Donald Trump’s attempts to overturn the 2020 presidential election results.

He claimed to have attended the January 6 Capitol riot in Washington DC, and called himself the “Maga king”.

Last week, a judge ordered him to remain in custody without bond until his trial.

Mr Peña faces a mandatory minimum of 60 years in prison if convicted of all charges.

• Sad 1

To balance out your one Pubbie terrorist, I give you the liberal terrorist rioters of Portland, Seattle, Minneapolis and several other spots. It's the left that is the cradle of domestic terrorism.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Dislike 2

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

To balance out your one Pubbie terrorist, I give you the liberal terrorist rioters of Portland, Seattle, Minneapolis and several other spots. It's the left that is the cradle of domestic terrorism.

https://www.csis.org/analysis/rise-far-right-extremism-united-states

The Rise of Far-Right Extremism in the United States

Right-wing extremism in the United States appears to be growing. The number of terrorist attacks by far-right perpetrators rose over the past decade, more than quadrupling between 2016 and 2017. The recent pipe bombs and the October 27, 2018, synagogue attack in Pittsburgh are symptomatic of this trend. U.S. federal and local agencies need to quickly double down to counter this threat. There has also been a rise in far-right attacks in Europe, jumping 43 percent between 2016 and 2017.

https://www.csis.org/analysis/escalating-terrorism-problem-united-states

The Escalating Terrorism Problem in the United States

The United States faces a growing terrorism problem that will likely worsen over the next year. Based on a CSIS data set of terrorist incidents, the most significant threat likely comes from white supremacists, though anarchists and religious extremists inspired by the Islamic State and al-Qaeda could present a potential threat as well. Over the rest of 2020, the terrorist threat in the United States will likely rise based on several factors, including the November 2020 presidential election.

.....This analysis makes several arguments. First, far-right terrorism has significantly outpaced terrorism from other types of perpetrators, including from far-left networks and individuals inspired by the Islamic State and al-Qaeda. Right-wing attacks and plots account for the majority of all terrorist incidents in the United States since 1994, and the total number of right-wing attacks and plots has grown significantly during the past six years. Right-wing extremists perpetrated two thirds of the attacks and plots in the United States in 2019 and over 90 percent between January 1 and May 8, 2020. Second, terrorism in the United States will likely increase over the next year in response to several factors. One of the most concerning is the 2020 U.S. presidential election, before and after which extremists may resort to violence, depending on the outcome of the election. Far-right and far-left networks have used violence against each other at protests, raising the possibility of escalating violence during the election period.

• Facepalm 2

20 hours ago, homersapien said:

Right-wing extremists perpetrated two thirds of the attacks and plots in the United States in 2019 and over 90 percent between January 1 and May 8, 2020.

I've seen this blather before. What I never see is these right wing acts of terrorism listed or mentioned in the media. Who, what, where, when and why are totally missing. Has MSNBC become a right wing media source that refuses to broadcast specifics about these frequent acts of terrorism?

I call BS on this, just as I call BS on white supremacists being the military's biggest problem. It's woke make believe, nothing more.

20 hours ago, homersapien said:

https://www.csis.org/analysis/rise-far-right-extremism-united-states

The Rise of Far-Right Extremism in the United States

Right-wing extremism in the United States appears to be growing. The number of terrorist attacks by far-right perpetrators rose over the past decade, more than quadrupling between 2016 and 2017. The recent pipe bombs and the October 27, 2018, synagogue attack in Pittsburgh are symptomatic of this trend. U.S. federal and local agencies need to quickly double down to counter this threat. There has also been a rise in far-right attacks in Europe, jumping 43 percent between 2016 and 2017.

https://www.csis.org/analysis/escalating-terrorism-problem-united-states

The Escalating Terrorism Problem in the United States

The United States faces a growing terrorism problem that will likely worsen over the next year. Based on a CSIS data set of terrorist incidents, the most significant threat likely comes from white supremacists, though anarchists and religious extremists inspired by the Islamic State and al-Qaeda could present a potential threat as well. Over the rest of 2020, the terrorist threat in the United States will likely rise based on several factors, including the November 2020 presidential election.

.....This analysis makes several arguments. First, far-right terrorism has significantly outpaced terrorism from other types of perpetrators, including from far-left networks and individuals inspired by the Islamic State and al-Qaeda. Right-wing attacks and plots account for the majority of all terrorist incidents in the United States since 1994, and the total number of right-wing attacks and plots has grown significantly during the past six years. Right-wing extremists perpetrated two thirds of the attacks and plots in the United States in 2019 and over 90 percent between January 1 and May 8, 2020. Second, terrorism in the United States will likely increase over the next year in response to several factors. One of the most concerning is the 2020 U.S. presidential election, before and after which extremists may resort to violence, depending on the outcome of the election. Far-right and far-left networks have used violence against each other at protests, raising the possibility of escalating violence during the election period.

Just curious…. What did you call all the chaos in summer 2020?   What do you call all the grab and dash happening currently in cities throughout the country?  What do you call when elected officials hold press conferences and tell their constituents to get in the face of elected officials and Supreme Court justices?   The hypocrisy of some on here is truly astounding.   
Some complete nut job runs for office in a nothing district (who is a convicted criminal) and he is somehow the norm of the Republican Party.  Common sense has left the building Elvis.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Just curious…. What did you call all the chaos in summer 2020?   What do you call all the grab and dash happening currently in cities throughout the country?  What do you call when elected officials hold press conferences and tell their constituents to get in the face of elected officials and Supreme Court justices?   The hypocrisy of some on here is truly astounding.   
Some complete nut job runs for office in a nothing district (who is a convicted criminal) and he is somehow the norm of the Republican Party.  Common sense has left the building Elvis.   

MAGA is now the norm of the Republican Party? I thought they were just the extremists like Homer's linked article is talking about.

24 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I've seen this blather before. What I never see is these right wing acts of terrorism listed or mentioned in the media. Who, what, where, when and why are totally missing. Has MSNBC become a right wing media source that refuses to broadcast specifics about these frequent acts of terrorism?

I call BS on this, just as I call BS on white supremacists being the military's biggest problem. It's woke make believe, nothing more.

https://www.congress.gov/116/bills/s894/BILLS-116s894is.xml

SEC. 2. FINDINGS.

Congress finds the following:

(1) White supremacists and other far-right-wing extremists are the most significant domestic terrorism threat facing the United States.

(2) On February 22, 2019, a Trump Administration United States Department of Justice official wrote in a New York Times op-ed that “white supremacy and far-right extremism are among the greatest domestic-security threats facing the United States. Regrettably, over the past 25 years, law enforcement, at both the Federal and State levels, has been slow to respond. … Killings committed by individuals and groups associated with far-right extremist groups have risen significantly.”.

(3) An April 2017 Government Accountability Office report on the significant, lethal threat posed by domestic violent extremists explained that “[s]ince September 12, 2001, the number of fatalities caused by domestic violent extremists has ranged from 1 to 49 in a given year.” The report noted: “[F]atalities resulting from attacks by far right wing violent extremists have exceeded those caused by radical Islamist violent extremists in 10 of the 15 years, and were the same in 3 of the years since September 12, 2001. Of the 85 violent extremist incidents that resulted in death since September 12, 2001, far right wing violent extremist groups were responsible for 62 (73 percent) while radical Islamist violent extremists were responsible for 23 (27 percent).”.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

maybe we should be listening to you mickey. you are for a fact an expert on bullshitting.............

• Haha 1

Looks like a true regional split is coming to the US. 

• Facepalm 1

12 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Looks like a true regional split is coming to the US. 

I do not believe it is regional but, there is definitely a divide. 

It is a beautiful distraction away from the real issues. 

Just now, icanthearyou said:

I do not believe it is regional but, there is definitely a divide. 

It is a beautiful distraction away from the real issues. 

It’s a real issue. Kinda like that train in a dark tunnel headed right at you. 

1 minute ago, autigeremt said:

It’s a real issue. Kinda like that train in a dark tunnel headed right at you. 

I believe most of the divide is orchestrated by those who truly hold power, the capital class.  As long as we are divided, they have conquered.  They can do almost anything they chose.

9 hours ago, arein0 said:

3) An April 2017 Government Accountability Office r

So a study done 2017 is cited when it’s 2023.   How many attacks have taken place since the summer of 2020 by the far left group known as Antifa?  Oh yea, the Democrats don’t even consider this as a real thing.   No national news reports on them but yet they have destroyed Portland and continue to show up throughout the country causing destruction.   How about Oakland, Seattle, San Francisco and on and on throughout the country were mobs of teens steal from stores because of a broken Democratic Attorney General’s who have used the justice system as some sort of political tool.    How many cities were destroyed in the summer of 2020, yet you and others said nothing except Trump and his MAGA nation are the blame.   
You people kill me with all this MAGA garbage but in reality, the cities and businesses of this country are being destroyed and you say nothing.   

• Haha 1

As always, the first (and only) response of the right wing extremist element is to launch a bunch of "whataboutism." What about blah-blah-blah. What about blah-blah-blah. Instead of addressing the actual facts of the situation being reported.

The article itself is not smack talk. The MAGA extremists turn it into whataboutism smack talk.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2023 at 9:43 AM, Mikey said:

And I raise you American Evangelicalism.  They are a war machine just begging for the opportunity.

I will guarantee that 95% of Southern Baptist, Evangelical, and Pentecostal preachers groom their congregations to respond violently to those they deem irredeemable or not of the "right faith."

Saw and heard it too many times, and have had too many of them threaten me since I was fifteen for speaking out against it.

American Evangelicalism wants an authoritarian theocracy in this country.  They are the greatest danger to democracy there is in this country.

It is evil.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, aubaseball said:

So a study done 2017 is cited when it’s 2023.   How many attacks have taken place since the summer of 2020 by the far left group known as Antifa?  Oh yea, the Democrats don’t even consider this as a real thing.   No national news reports on them but yet they have destroyed Portland and continue to show up throughout the country causing destruction.   How about Oakland, Seattle, San Francisco and on and on throughout the country were mobs of teens steal from stores because of a broken Democratic Attorney General’s who have used the justice system as some sort of political tool.    How many cities were destroyed in the summer of 2020, yet you and others said nothing except Trump and his MAGA nation are the blame.   
You people kill me with all this MAGA garbage but in reality, the cities and businesses of this country are being destroyed and you say nothing.   

So what happened in the BLM movement excuses all the terrorism the MAGAs have done before and since? I never knew 2 wrongs made a right. It's telling that the people on the right that have responded to this thread have only pointed fingers and said "but the libs" rather than acknowledging their guy was in the wrong. 

Edited by arein0
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, arein0 said:

So what happened in the BLM movement excuses all the terrorism the MAGAs have done before and since? I never knew 2 wrongs made a right. It's telling that the people on the right that have responded to this thread have only pointed fingers and said "but the libs" rather than acknowledging their guy was in the wrong. 

That is where you are completely wrong.  I’ve acknowledged everything that is wrong with Jan 6 and continue to say that I hope that Trump is not the nominee in 2024.   The policies that he wants to implement is some that I like but the twitter talk is something I can do without.   
But I haven’t seen any of you acknowledge that what is going around the country is the fault of local, state and federal Democrats rhetoric and policy.   No bail system, no criminal charges for certain crimes and reduced sentences.   
what you and others fail to see is that it’s not just Republicans…both parties are so stupid that nothing gets done anymore when it comes to common sense.    It only takes one look at the southern border to see that neither side is worth a shi$.    

1 hour ago, aubaseball said:

That is where you are completely wrong.  I’ve acknowledged everything that is wrong with Jan 6 and continue to say that I hope that Trump is not the nominee in 2024.   The policies that he wants to implement is some that I like but the twitter talk is something I can do without.   
But I haven’t seen any of you acknowledge that what is going around the country is the fault of local, state and federal Democrats rhetoric and policy.   No bail system, no criminal charges for certain crimes and reduced sentences.   
what you and others fail to see is that it’s not just Republicans…both parties are so stupid that nothing gets done anymore when it comes to common sense.    It only takes one look at the southern border to see that neither side is worth a shi$.    

You've had 3 posts in this thread and every single one points the finger at the libs. The only time you mention what happened is that "Some complete nut job runs for office in a nothing district (who is a convicted criminal) and he is somehow the norm of the Republican Party." Which again, no one is saying MAGA is the norm of the Republican Party, unless you believe the Republican Party's norm is now extremists. Also this statement makes it seem like it is okay to you since in your words it's a nothing district.

11 hours ago, AURex said:

As always, the first (and only) response of the right wing extremist element is to launch a bunch of "whataboutism." What about blah-blah-blah. What about blah-blah-blah. Instead of addressing the actual facts of the situation being reported.

The article itself is not smack talk. The MAGA extremists turn it into whataboutism smack talk.

Well, when you have Biden's FBI and DOJ declaring parents at a local school board meeting to be "domestic terrorists" it's no surprise that a number of stats are slanted. In short, these reports of MAGA being the biggest threat are nonsense. Anybody with a TV or radio knows that's simply not true.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Well, when you have Biden's FBI and DOJ declaring parents at a local school board meeting to be "domestic terrorists" it's no surprise that a number of stats are slanted. In short, these reports of MAGA being the biggest threat are nonsense. Anybody with a TV or radio knows that's simply not true.

The one's that threaten the school board members and their families absolutely should be labeled as domestic terrorists.

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-education-threats/

School boards get death threats amid rage over race, gender, mask policies

https://www.newsweek.com/video-shows-irate-mom-threatening-school-board-guns-over-mask-mandates-1671691

Video Shows Irate Mom Threatening School Board With Guns Over Mask Mandates

https://www.mediamatters.org/moms-liberty/moms-liberty-members-have-been-linked-incidents-harassment-and-threats-around-country

Moms for Liberty members have been linked to incidents of harassment and threats around the country

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, arein0 said:

The one's that threaten the school board members and their families absolutely should be labeled as domestic terrorists.

https://www.newsweek.com/video-shows-irate-mom-threatening-school-board-guns-over-mask-mandates-1671691

https://www.mediamatters.org/moms-liberty/moms-liberty-members-have-been-linked-incidents-harassment-and-threats-around-country

Moms for Liberty members have been linked to incidents of harassment and threats around the country

never expect to get the truth from mickey...............

• Like 1

1 minute ago, arein0 said:

Cherry pick much? The vast majority of those charged have zero to do with any sort of hate group. But you know this already.

Just now, Mikey said:

Cherry pick much? The vast majority of those charged have zero to do with any sort of hate group. But you know this already.

I'm going to need a link for that. I've only heard of the ones that were labeled as domestic terrorists for creating threats.

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

never expect to get the truth from mickey...............

Says the guy who lied and claimed that Trump had something to do with unauthorized scammers using his name.

• Haha 1