Alabama Governor Signs a Bill That Ban Biological Men From Competing in College

I_M4_AU

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I guess you are just unencumbered by the Bible.  What a way to follow Jesus, make up your own rules and Jesus will enable you.

Again, my commandment is love.  Love God.  Love your neighbor as yourself.  ALL of the "law" is fulfilled in this one commandment.

Yes, I follow Jesus, not the church, not the religion, not the reference book.

I encourage you to attempt to talk with Jesus, to have a personal relationship with Jesus.

5 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

That’s the whole problem isn’t it.  There isn’t enough studies or examples yet to know what we are dealing with.  Why bumble along, making up rules that are not based on science in hopes they turn out to be correct at some point.  

You just contradicted your entire stance on transgender with this statement and this statement is exactly what many of us have been saying to you.

3 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

With a 12-pack of Bud Light?

I wont drink it, but might as well to troll my conservative friends :poke:

13 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Again, my commandment is love.  Love God.  Love your neighbor as yourself.  ALL of the "law" is fulfilled in this one commandment.

Yes, I follow Jesus, not the church, not the religion, not the reference book.

I encourage you to attempt to talk with Jesus, to have a personal relationship with Jesus.

Who says I don’t have a personal relationship with Jesus?

14 minutes ago, arein0 said:

You just contradicted your entire stance on transgender with this statement and this statement is exactly what many of us have been saying to you.

How so?

2 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Let's just hope we don't get too many 11am time slots........

So far, the first 3 game times have been released and no 11am slots 😁 but that PAC12 After Dark at Cal time slot does worry me a little.

48 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

They are a right wing political hate group.

If you believe they are good, genuine people, fine.  They aren't worth arguing about.

You’re a liar. And a troll.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

You’re a liar. And a troll.

Again, this type of reply is quite telling in regard to your emotional preoccupation with the topic. 

I respect your opinion.

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

Jesus and His love are the basis of real Christianity, not the bible.  Jesus is the word.  Love is the commandment.  Jesus is more important than the bible, the church, the religion.

And yet you would know almost nothing of Jesus apart from a few references from period historians about a Jewish rabbi causing a bit of a ruckus.  You'd know little to nothing of His teachings in detail, nothing of him being "the Word," without the Bible and the church.

This "real Christianity" is a customized folk religion you've concocted for yourself, fashioning a god made in your own image to feel enlightened and avoid with the bits you find personally objectionable. 

• Like 2

Just now, icanthearyou said:

Again, this type of reply is quite telling in regard to your emotional preoccupation with the topic. 

I respect your opinion.

You throw out labels without substantiation as much as any right wing reactionary. I think you’re lying in this post.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

And yet you would know almost nothing of Jesus apart from a few references from period historians about a Jewish rabbi causing a bit of a ruckus.  You'd know little to nothing of His teachings in detail, nothing of him being "the Word," without the Bible and the church.

This "real Christianity" is a customized folk religion you've concocted for yourself, fashioning a god made in your own, to feel enlightened and avoid with the bits you find personally objectionable. 

Another topic he dishonestly trolls on.

Back to the original topic, biological males have no business invading women's and girl's sports.  We do not have women's/girl's sports based on some people preferring to have long hair, painted fingernails, and wear makeup and dresses.  We didn't create female sports because of how someone really feels on the inside.  We created them because there are actual, real, huge physical differences in male and female bodies and if we didn't, women basically wouldn't be able to compete in most sports - at least ones that place a premium on sheer athletic ability (size, strength, endurance, speed, etc).  Female accomplishments would be non-existent as they'd almost never win individual competitions and never play in team sports.

Just to share one example - in track, I think it was in 2017 or so, they took the world record times for the women's 100m and 400m and saw that those marks which were the current best times ever for a female had been beaten over 15,000 times that year alone....by US high school boys in track.  These are teenage boys who are years from their physical peak, the overwhelming majority of whom would have no shot at being on the men's Olympic or world championship teams in those events, beating the elite of the elite in women's track.

Trans women are welcome to play sports - either in the category reserved for biological males, or in the case of some sports now such as British cycling - in an open division that allows anyone of any sex or gender expression to compete.  But allowing them to compete against biological females is a complete non-starter.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

This "real Christianity" is a customized folk religion you've concocted for yourself, fashioning a god made in your own image to feel enlightened and avoid with the bits you find personally objectionable. 

I disagree but, I respect your opinion.  The cornerstone of Christianity is the love of Jesus.  I follow Jesus, not the religion.

It is undeniable that the bible and the religion have been used by men in order to defy the love of Jesus.

Just now, icanthearyou said:

I disagree but, I respect your opinion.  The cornerstone of Christianity is the love of Jesus.  I follow Jesus, not the religion.

It is undeniable that the bible and the religion have been used by men in order to defy the love of Jesus.

Again, you don't know anything about the love of Jesus without the Bible other than what you make up between your own ears.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Who says I don’t have a personal relationship with Jesus?

ICHY does. I do not get him/her/it at all. If you read and study the Bible you do not follow Jesus.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

You throw out labels without substantiation as much as any right wing reactionary. I think you’re lying in this post.

My opinion could be in error.  However, I do respect your opinion.

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Again, you don't know anything about the love of Jesus without the Bible other than what you make up between your own ears.

That may be true for you.  It is not for me.  I have always felt the love of Jesus, even before I was able to read and, more importantly read with comprehension.

I do not understand why you feel compelled to diminish my relationship with Jesus.  Living in the love of Jesus is how I grow as a human being.

2 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

That may be true for you.  It is not for me.  I have always felt the love of Jesus, even before I was able to read and, more importantly read with comprehension.

I do not understand why you feel compelled to diminish my relationship with Jesus.  Living in the love of Jesus is how I grow as a human being.

Because your idea of Jesus is formed by the Scriptures (though you downplay or deny it), but you cherry pick the bits you like and cast aspersions on those who actually believe the stuff you discarded.  Yours is a hippie New Age Jesus that bears a passing resemblance at best to the Christ of Scripture and of history.

Because your idea of Jesus is formed by the Scriptures (though you downplay or deny it), but you cherry pick the bits you like and cast aspersions on those who actually believe the stuff you discarded.  Yours is a hippie New Age Jesus that bears a passing resemblance at best to the Christ of Scripture and of history.

Not at all.  That is your perception.  I understand why.  I will not elevate the bible to the status of God.  There are too many errors and, contradictions.  There are too many interpretations that defy Jesus.  There a too many instances in history when, the bible has been used to justify inhumanities.   The one thing that is obvious, IMHO, is that the bible reveals the spirit of Jesus.

I am very happy and secure in my relationship with Jesus.  IMHO, it does not need to blindly conform with Christianity.  It is personal.

Call it what you want, but claiming it as "real Christianity" is ridiculous.

I can't stand it when right-wing ideologues push some macho, nationalistic, American Rambo Jesus who happens to back all their right wing talking points and "owns the libs," but I also won't sit by and watch others claim some peace-pipe smokng, flower child, "love is love" Jesus that makes them feel enlightened in their "I'm ok, you're ok" folk religion.  Both are making God in our own image rather than the other way around.

Call it what you want, but claiming it as "real Christianity" is ridiculous.

I can't stand it when right-wing ideologues push some macho, nationalistic, American Rambo Jesus who happens to back all their right wing talking points and "owns the libs," but I also won't sit by and watch others claim some peace-pipe smokng, flower child, "love is love" Jesus that makes them feel enlightened in their "I'm ok, you're ok" folk religion.  Both are making God in our own image rather than the other way around.

That is not at all what I am saying.  I do not know how you made that determination.  I would suspect, it is because you are completely absorbed by traditional "christianity", by the church.

Perhaps you are correct in your affinity for tradition.  However, I am very content living in the love of Jesus. 

It does not matter if you condemn me.  It only matters if Jesus condemns me.

• Facepalm 2

1 minute ago, icanthearyou said: 

It does not matter if you condemn me.  It only matters if Jesus condemns me.

Well, Jesus and I spoke recently over a cup of chamomile tea and while he confirmed he still loves you, he did mention your witness would be more effective if you made a genuine effort to meaningfully engage. 😉

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

The first thing you have to do in reading the Bible is have at least a reasonable expectation on believing what is written.  Of course you believe it is nonsense as you don’t want to believe. 

I didn't say the Bible was blithering nonsense. I said what you wrote was.

(Marxism does tear down the family structure, so does Trans.  They openly advocate to go against the parents if they don’t find you are a trans person).

And here you go with extremism yet again. First of all, nobody here, as well as in the vast majority of left-leaning America, is advocating Marxism.

Second, your remark that "they openly advocate to go against the parents" ignores situations where the reason the family is being torn apart is due to the bigotry and hatred of the parent(s) that won't accept their children. And before you jump on that statement, I am not for anyone pushing to keep transgender students from informing their parents, or encouraging children to outright resist their parents' wishes, for just whatever reason, but I'm also not for blanket rules that keep school employees from using their judgement to help students that may be in danger. 

That’s the whole problem isn’t it.  There isn’t enough studies or examples yet to know what we are dealing with.  Why bumble along, making up rules that are not based on science in hopes they turn out to be correct at some point. 

Not sure what you're saying here? There are different rules in place in school districts across the country. Everyone is trying to figure it out right now. Some are pushing a hard no under any circumstances, which negatively impacts some children. Some are allowing full participation, which negatively impacts some children. Most are in-between, which negatively impacts some children. You're not going to find a "right" answer right now, so of course some of the answers are going to seem "bumbling" or incorrect to you.

You say maybe three years after transition, so are we talking full transition or just puberty blockers and cross sex hormones? 

I said "full gender transition." That's only based on what I read. Haven't looked into all the specifics, it was just a comment that some people are trying their best to find a good solution.

Let’s face it, one of the only reasons a male wants to compete with females is that they would be dominate.  Why else would a person that considers himself to be female want to compete against girls?  I guess they would argue they have a right to compete in sports, but if they want to compete, compete against boys and still call yourself a girl.

You just missed the entire definition of being transgender. We're talking about biological males that see themselves as female. That means they want to be considered and participate as such. You really think this is about a selfish desire to win at sports? That has to be the most myopic take on transgenderism I've ever heard. I'm not saying that absolutely no one has done it, but it's bonkers to assign that motivation to every transgender athlete out there. This is such a fundamental misunderstanding of what a transgender person is that there is no hope of you empathizing with them. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1