2024 5*+ S KJ Bolden (UGa)

ellitor

3 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Can anyone explain to me why Auburn fans have started waving the white flag on Bolden, though. Nobody knows anything, except KJ and his family. Not one person has written anything even claiming to know for sure. It almost feels like we are so scared as a fanbase of going into this and losing that we are just willing to throw in the towel on all of our hopes. 

A decade of losing recruiting battles conditioned us.

I quit putting my trust in insiders a while ago. Especially on stuff like this. A week ago the Auburn insiders were all saying that this class is about to put the college football world on notice during BCW. And we got a couple of great commits, no doubt, but I wouldn’t say we tore the house down. Lol. 

Going from what we did the last 5 years to flipping two 5* from our biggest rival and B2B champs is huge.  It definitely put people and other programs on notice.

I'm with you though, I'm choosing to believe we get Bolden. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

A decade of losing recruiting battles conditioned us.

Going from what we did the last 5 years to flipping two 5* from our biggest rival and B2B champs is huge.  It definitely put people and other programs on notice.

I'm with you though, I'm choosing to believe we get Bolden. 

I was already thinking pretty positively, but them securing Juice did me in. I’m going full Boog now. This staff is built different and apparently we got some rich folk that aren’t f’ing around anymore.

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Love 1

He ain’t coming but I would be over the moon to be wrong 

• Like 1

I quit putting my trust in insiders a while ago. Especially on stuff like this. A week ago the Auburn insiders were all saying that this class is about to put the college football world on notice during BCW. And we got a couple of great commits, no doubt, but I wouldn’t say we tore the house down. Lol. 

Nobody is sure of anything. I personally think we should be riding out the positivity until we absolutely have no reason to anymore. 

ACE, what would you consider tearing the house down?

If anyone can pull off the shocker it's Coach Zac, who hasn't gotten enough credit on the board for the work he has put in on this DB class so far.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

ACE, what would you consider tearing the house down?

Landing 2 of Franklin, Carter, Lindsey, and Bolden + the 3 we got last week. 

Dont get me wrong, this staff has done an incredible job, and just getting the 2 5 stars we got and Simmons was great. It’s just not something that “shock the world”. I think we gotta nab 1 or 2 more big fish to get to that level.

• Like 1

I’m not going to watch the commitment tonight.  I just don’t want him to not pick us, even though that’s a possibility with all these recruits.  To me, the whole dog and pony show of a commitment is kind of weird.  I like the way Simmons and Thompson did it. They were with their future teammates.  

Edited by 3rdgeneration
  • Like 4
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Dont get me wrong, this staff has done an incredible job, and just getting the 2 5 stars we got and Simmons was great. It’s just not something that “shock the world”. I think we gotta nab 1 or 2 more big fish to get to that level.

smile-chiri.gif

Just now, bigbird said:

smile-chiri.gif

I just saw that Trovon Reed tweeted: We ain’t done yet!

Is that in reference to Bolden?

1 minute ago, gctiger said:

I just saw that Trovon Reed tweeted: We ain’t done yet!

Is that in reference to Bolden?

IDK, but I hope so.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

smile-chiri.gif

Not to sound like I’m coping but DeAndre Carter and Kam Franklin are almost more important than KJ

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Been at work all day so I may have missed it but is there a link to watch thls on?

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Not to sound like I’m coping but DeAndre Carter and Kam Franklin are almost more important than KJ

100% and were always an easier pull

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Where's Patterson?

• Love 1

No matter the choice.  Be positive and supportive to KJ.  It won't be over for his signature and we've seen first hand with Perry and Riddick how the reactions of fans can galvanize a recruit's decision.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I’m not going to watch the commitment tonight.  I just don’t want him to not pick us, even though that’s a possibility with all these recruits.  To me, the whole dog and pony show of a commitment is kind of weird.  I like the way Simmons and Thompson did it. They were with their future teammates.  

A woman that doesn't go for the glits and glam...#ShesAKeeper

@3rdgeneration Just so you don't miss the compliment in all this madness.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Zeek said:

They are, especially if we get Patterson

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

No matter the choice.  Be positive and supportive to KJ.  It won't be over for his signature and we've seen first hand with Perry and Riddick how the reactions of fans can galvanize a recruit's decision.

This X1000!!!!

We’re Auburn!   Let’s act like it.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Where's Patterson?

Him too. There’s so many guys I can’t ever remember them all. Hope Hugh doesn’t have that problem. “Oh sh*t I haven’t called that recruit in 3 weeks!”

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

If most of us knew we would be where we’re at now 6 months ago, we’d have have taken it in a heartbeat. As long as we hang on to our Courtney commits and finish strong we’ll be fine.  We knew this rebuild would be a project and Rome wasn’t built in a day!

Edited by gctiger
  • Like 1