2024 5*+ S KJ Bolden (UGa)

ellitor

4 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Sounds like this commitment will mean very little. Kid just isn’t ready to pick. Will go all the way to ENSD regardless of who he picks.

It depends on which school.  If it's us, which I think it is, he's locked in 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, Viper said:

Of course there have been cases where the recruit announces and the camera shows momma disappointed in the decision.

Yep. Cyrus Kouandjio comes to mind.

14 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Especially if we can do what we're supposed to this season (or overachieve).

• Like 1

Based on where things were before BCW, I'm shocked that we're a finalist to be honest. But I wouldn't be surprised if Etheridge, McGriff, and Freeze can pull this one out based on their past performance. He wouldn't be McGriff's highest rated commit and it would mean so much to continue our momentum and ascension. I think he already knows where he is going and am hoping that 1) the chance to play with Kayin Lee, Crawford, plus his 5* friends at BCW and 2) the opportunity to be a program changer are bigger draws than becoming another NFL bound cog in UGA's dominant defense. 

38 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

Who flipped back after his flip. Weirdest announcement ever.

I’m referring to others who stuck with their decision after momma not liking the decision. It happens and mommas adjust.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, HAPvsOA said:

2) the opportunity to be a program changer are bigger draws than becoming another NFL bound cog in UGA's dominant defense. 

^^^ THIS ^^^ is a very big deal right now.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, HAPvsOA said:

the opportunity to be a program changer

I think that might well be a factor. 

And, quite frankly, if Bolden does pick Auburn, we aren't back, because we ain't never been there before. At least not as far as I know... did Dye pull a kid out of Georgia that Georgia really wanted and could compare to Bolden back before the 83 shoulda-been NC? Because that's the only time that Georgia was anything like where they are now and it might have happened. @augolf1716 can you think of anyone?

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Of course there have been cases where the recruit announces and the camera shows momma disappointed in the decision.

Landon Collins

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

And, quite frankly, if Bolden does pick Auburn, we aren't back, because we ain't never been there before. At least not as far as I know... did Dye pull a kid out of Georgia that Georgia really wanted and could compare to Bolden back before the 83 shoulda-been NC? Because that's the only time that Georgia was anything like where they are now and it might have happened. @augolf1716 can you think of anyone?

On the subject of Georgia natives…Derrick Brown perhaps? Takeo Spikes?

1 minute ago, Viper said:

On the subject of Georgia natives…Derrick Brown perhaps? Takeo Spikes?

Yeah, but those weren't on the heels of UGA winning a national title, which is where I was going with that.

• Like 1

• ellitor changed the title to ***2024 5* S KJ Bolden - Commit Watch, Saturday, 6:30 CT***
18 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Yeah, but those weren't on the heels of UGA winning a national title, which is where I was going with that.

I doubt anyone considering it’s been just two pockets of time in their title history. 1980 and 2021-2022.

I don’t recall a blue chip recruit in the 1981 class deciding between GA and AU.

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

Sounds like this commitment will mean very little. Kid just isn’t ready to pick. Will go all the way to ENSD regardless of who he picks.

Glad we still have an OV left on the table for him to take while UGA doesn't. I know it may mean nothing in the end but it's still a nice advantage to have.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, yngwie1995 said:

Didn't see his family on cam when he picked AU. The one that stands out to me is Landon Collin's mom wanting LSU when he picked Bama.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zeek said:

I think it’s like this right now:

Georgia 38 Auburn 37.5 FSU 24.5

Family is torn according to a friend. It would be fair based on current trajectories to say FSU is out. However, a day or two ago Georgia was running 3rd.

Financially I don’t think FSU can match

Interesting re: FSU. His latest interview with comments on all of his finalists screams to me that he’s going there, fwiw. 

Just now, ellitor said:

Didn't see his family on cam when he picked AU.

Just his brother exclaiming “What are you doing bro?”

I never heard the behind the scenes story on Cyrus announcing AU. Any back story on that? Did Chiz & staff even know he was announcing AU?

• Like 2

Just now, Viper said:

Just his brother exclaiming “What are you doing bro?”

I never heard the behind the scenes story on Cyrus announcing AU. Any back story on that? Did Chiz & staff even know he was announcing AU?

Yes. We knew about 3 weeks in advance we were getting his verbal commitment. I got a PM then saying we got him.

He OV'ed by himself I think & fell in love with AU. Pretty sure his family didn't consider a threat at all with Arie K already at Bama.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Yes. We knew about 3 weeks in advance we were getting his verbal commitment. I got a PM then saying we got him.

He OV'ed by himself I think & fell in love with AU. Pretty sure his family didn't consider a threat at all with Arie K already at Bama.

Wow interesting about the 3-week commitment. I never knew AU was a serious contender in his race. Figured bammer lock due to Arie and that his announcement was just a formality. When he announced AU, I looked like John Cena in your gif earlier.

59 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Tracy Rocker? 

15 minutes ago, ellitor said:

You’d have thought that he would have mentioned it to his mom and dad at some point over that 3 week period or at least a few minutes before sitting down with them in front of a bunch of tv cameras to announce his commitment. It was definitely strange. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Viper said:

I doubt anyone considering it’s been just two pockets of time in their title history. 1980 and 2021-2022.

I don’t recall a blue chip recruit in the 1981 class deciding between GA and AU.

Well, it didn't have to be 81, it could have been the 82 class, too, because Dye didn't set the world on fire with his first season.

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Could not agree with you more!  If (and I think he does) commit to Hugh Freeze, it will be final.  I think K.J. has a ton of respect for Hugh and will not go back on his word.

Edited by tinman1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

Tracy Rocker and Frank Thomas but Georgia was only so so as a football team

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

Seems like to me Dye feasted on GA recruits.