2024 5*+ S KJ Bolden (UGa)

ellitor

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

On3 had some Q&A thing with 3 reporters for the 3 teams and per twitter, they all 3 gave different answers 

No one has worthwhile intel on this, unless you consider “I don’t know” worthwhile 

What recruitment does this remind you of as it relates to AU? He’s got everyone guessing. All teams in his top 5 have varying degrees of confidence I’ve seen besides the bams.

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

What recruitment does this remind you of as it relates to AU? He’s got everyone guessing. All teams in his top 5 have varying degrees of confidence I’ve seen besides the bams.

I think it’s like this right now:

Georgia 38 Auburn 37.5 FSU 24.5

Family is torn according to a friend. It would be fair based on current trajectories to say FSU is out. However, a day or two ago Georgia was running 3rd.

Financially I don’t think FSU can match

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Family is torn according to a friend. It would be fair based on current trajectories to say FSU is out. However, a day or two ago Georgia was running 3rd.

How did them damn dirty dawgs get back in to it so quickly after running third without anything significant happening like him visiting there again since he can’t because it’s the dead period? If I had to guess AU made a crazy high  nil offer thinking thuga wouldn’t match and they did. 

29 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I guess it’s telling that all  the Georgia sites are pretty confident (and have been this whole time for the most part) and all AU recruiting sites are saying is 50/50 which seems like a way to gently let us down softly. That’s usually how these things go when we don’t get a prospect.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

How did them damn dirty dawgs get back in to it so quickly after running third without anything significant happening like him visiting there again since he can’t because it’s the dead period? If I had to guess AU made a crazy high  nil offer thinking thuga wouldn’t match and they did. 

You’re guessing right 

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I'd been hearing though that he didn't care so much about the "now money" (NIL) as much as who's going to help him get more money in the long run (NFL). 

But the reality is, if he's good, he's going to get paid (now and later), regardless of where he plays college ball. Auburn's still a top-tier program that puts people in the league, we just don't get as much talent out of HS as uga, bama, tOSU, etc. 

I'd imagine there's an immense amount of pressure from family, friends, etc to go to uga, since he's right in their back yard. I just hope he makes the right decision for himself. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Everyone's guessing.  He's done a good job keeping it under wraps

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Zeek said:

You’re guessing right 

Just need to refuse to be out bid and lose this recruitment like Tennessee did with Julian Phillips in basketball. He would mean a lot more for us than them. It would be another huge statement on the trail for a new staff AND AU NIL.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Just need to refuse to be out bid and lose this recruitment like Tennessee did with Julian Phillips in basketball. He would mean a lot more for us than them. It would be another huge statement on the trail for a new staff AND AU NIL.

It could definitely be a thing where an increased offer brought UGA back to the table. I wouldn’t be shocked if there’s a price point that, due to how much we’ve put out recently and still have to put out, we can’t match 

I will say that it hasn’t felt like it’s been a money thing, just from what I’ve read 

• Like 2

From reading 247, he has visited Georgia 16 times over the last year. All CBS are for Uga and although old, none of them have changed this week. It is down to a two team race. It seems Georgia and Auburn are the teams once again. We’ve gotten the better of Georgia the last few players, but unlike JP and DR, ON3 AU Guys are saying Uga on this one in the end. They say it is very close. 

Reporters are being worry worts but in the same sentence admitting they know nothing new. If momma wants you at Auburn it can’t hurt. Let’s see how it goes.

• Like 3

• Zeek changed the title to 2024 5* S KJ Bolden - Announcing 3 PM CST Saturday
3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I do believe if we lose him it won’t be because we’re outbid. It’ll be because Georgia’s defense is more proven at the moment.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tinman1 said:

I know it buried in this thread somewhere, but what time does he announce tomorrow?

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I swear I just saw it was at 3pm 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I swear I just saw it was at 3pm 

Where? Ive seen nothing but 6:30 AU time this whole week! 😂😂

40 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Reporters are being worry worts but in the same sentence admitting they know nothing new. If momma wants you at Auburn it can’t hurt. Let’s see how it goes.

Does him mom want Auburn? I've been hearing his family wants him at uga. 

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Where? Ive seen nothing but 6:30 AU time this whole week! 😂😂

It's in the title for this thread.  My guess is they changed it to accommodate local reporting.

Edited by gctiger

27 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

Does him mom want Auburn? I've been hearing his family wants him at uga. 

Why wouldn’t they? An hour from campus and they prolly are Dawg fans.

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Why wouldn’t they? An hour from campus and they prolly are Dawg fans.

Of course, that's what I would expect, and that's what I've been hearing.

But if you actually read the comment that I was replying to, i.e. Zeek saying "If momma wants you at Auburn it can’t hurt. ", you would understand why I posted what I did. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by yngwie1995

7 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

Of course, that's what I would expect, and that's what I've been hearing.

But if you actually read the comment that I was replying to, i.e. Zeek saying "If momma wants you at Auburn it can’t hurt. ", you would understand why I posted what I did. 🤷‍♂️

Oh most def. If momma likes the staff/campus enough to drive a couple of more hours than the 1 hour to Athens, then that’s gigantic in our favor.

6 minutes ago, Viper said:

Oh most def. If momma likes the staff/campus enough to drive a couple of more hours than the 1 hour to Athens, then that’s gigantic in our favor.

And that's my original question. Does mom prefer Auburn? That's what it sounds like from Zeek's post. Sorry if I missed something.

4 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

And that's my original question. Does mom prefer Auburn? That's what it sounds like from Zeek's post. Sorry if I missed something.

Of course there have been cases where the recruit announces and the camera shows momma disappointed in the decision.

7 hours ago, Zeek said:

Sounds like this commitment will mean very little. Kid just isn’t ready to pick. Will go all the way to ENSD regardless of who he picks.

• Like 1

Just now, AUght2win said:

Sounds like this commitment will mean very little. Kid just isn’t ready to pick. Will go all the way to ENSD regardless of who he picks.

Depends on how he feels once he commits. I think he and Mom want to be at Auburn but there is a lot of pressure to go to the closer school that's producing more than us right now. We honestly do a really solid job of keeping guys committed. 

But yes, all of the 5* players we have a chance with will have to be recruited up to NSD and even beyond considering the one-time transfer rule.

• Like 2