We still have a lot of work to do

gr82b4au

16 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Can’t believe this is where we are as a football team at the moment. 

We may have been there a couple of months ago.  But I don’t think that’s where we are now.   I think by the time the season starts we’ll be firmly in that second tier.   JMHO

• Like 1
  • Love 1

This is not where we are as a football program. This is where someone’s opinion of our football program is. 

and though it may not be way off, it’s hard to believe you don’t flip msu and AU. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

41 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Oof. Can’t believe this is where we are as a football team at the moment. 

We were just as behind on fundamentals and technique as we were on our roster numbers.  jimmys and joes can be upgraded quickly.   X's and O's take much longer.

Everyone outside of UA and GA is tier 5 .  

AU has earned their place in the basement. It’s time to take the stairs. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Everyone outside of UA and GA is tier 5 .  

AU has earned their place in the basement. It’s time to take the stairs. 

+1 for the Harsin dig

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Also I am not saying we will be in the bottom tier this season, but it shows what others think of us. I am hopeful the transfer guys can help make this a quicker rebuild. 
We really need PT and the OLine to ball out this year. 

Edited by gr82b4au
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TigerPAC said:

Honest question….what does moo state have?

Wins over us 😫😫

On 5/22/2023 at 8:47 PM, TigerPAC said:

They finished 9-4 last year and they've beaten us the last 2 years. We tied with Vanderbilt and Texas A&M last season for the worst record in the SEC at 5-7. Mississippi State also returns their veteran QB but they lost the biggest part of their team and culture when Leach passed away. We are definitely headed up and will meet State on their way down, in my opinion. But sports writers just look at the previous year and a coaching change and make their picks based off of that. Soon enough Auburn will get back to where we historically belong and even better. I also think Mississippi State will go right back to where they've historically always been, especially losing Leach and moving a rookie HC into his place.

On 5/22/2023 at 9:24 PM, gr82b4au said:

LMAO that is pure click bait.  South Carolina at #2 is pathetic.  Same with Ole MIss coming off their disasterous of the season.

Us with a bad MIzzou Program, UF in shambles and didn't do anything in the portal, then a 3 win Vandy is really really bad.

This doesn't fit nicely on a infographic, but this is the real tiering system.

DraftKings SEC Over/Under Win Total Odds
Tier 1
Georgia 11.5
Alabama 10.5

Tier 2
LSU 9.5
Tennessee 9.5

Tier 3
Arkansas 7.5
Auburn 6.5
Kentucky 6.5
Mississippi State 6.5
Missouri 6.5
Ole Miss 7.5
South Carolina 6.5
Texas A&M 7.5

Tier 4
Florida 5.5

Vandy Tier
Vanderbilt 3.5

People just live in the moment now. Auburn had a bad season, so Auburn is a bad program. Damn any history or measurable evidence. Those same people probably had us as the number 2 or 3 program in 2014. It doesn't matter. As long as Hugh and Co keep recruiting and start winning on the field, they can rank the program whatever they want. We will be the Tier 4 team that won the SEC championship in a couple of seasons. 

It's all about the flavor of the week. Arky and South Carolina being that high prove that. SC has a record of 64-61 over the last 10 seasons. Tier 2.....right...

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 2

This might be a worst tiering than the OP

On 5/22/2023 at 8:47 PM, TigerPAC said:

morecowbell-cowbell.gif

On 5/22/2023 at 8:24 PM, gr82b4au said:

We aren't. The tweet is garbage. Us and Florida are no worse than tier 2.

• Like 2

It's talking season folks . All these cats have to have something to talk about till the season starts. Some of these lists and rankings are just click bait to get Fan bases riled up to keep the convo going

• Like 1

On 5/22/2023 at 8:24 PM, gr82b4au said:

Hmmm (clearing throat) That's top seed tier 4 to everyone else. 

🙄

This 'ranking' is based on the past few years performance. I would be curious on what looser state's ranking was before their retooling via the transfer portal. This team and it's current mentality is still below the radar for most of the media. Once we hit the field things will change dramatically and by mid season I can make a bet that our fans are going to be truly enjoying Auburn football and seeing some consistency.

On 5/22/2023 at 10:08 PM, Gowebb11 said:

These are some of the same people who predicted our baseball team to be last in the SECW. I’m not the least bit concerned about their opinions at this point. 

SDS is a cool platform and it wasn't that bad when it started out but it's not that impressive or unique. SDS is social media, not journalism. 

I wish there was more independent journalism that covered CFB. I'm sure there is I'm just not aware of it.

FWIW, I'm a big fan of the Auburn beat writers like Caldwell and Murphy. I'm generally talking about the SEC/CFB as a whole.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

We aren't. The tweet is garbage. Us and Florida are no worse than tier 2.

This is for next year & yes FL is on the bottom rung or one rung above Vandy who would be by themsevles