Biden Education Sec. on What's Best for Children

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Trying to convince your child to stumble is called out by Jesus as something to be rebuked.  Now, if the person repents then your verse becomes relevant. If this person insists, what would be your reaction?

You always have the choice to walk away, no? There are very little situations where you are a captive audience.

If a teacher hides the intent of your child to change their sex should this be rebuked or should you just show the teacher love while the teacher will still trans your kid because that is what their job requires?

Now teachers are in the transing business!? As for your question I would hope that my child would know that they have our love regardless and would not have to hide who they are.

How would you handle this scenario?  Would you go along with your child and let them make a decision at such a young age to start puberty blockers that could have devastating affects on the rest of their life?

I try not to waste my time thinking about an extremely unlikely scenarios, so I haven't and won't think about that scenario unless it becomes applicable. At which point I will do my research on the best way to go about the situation for our family.

The OT has laws to help you through life.  Those laws were interesting in their punishments, but at that time, there were no courts or judges so putting someone to death was more serious than an eye for an eye type of punishment.  Neither are taken seriously in today’s world, just a hierarchy of crimes.

God actually said that he created man and woman.  There was no third sex and the purpose was to go forth and multiply.  Even if you don’t believe in God you have to admit this.

Like I said, the OT is more of a history of how we got to Jesus.

Kids need to know what is normal.

I don't agree with this statement. Kids need to know what makes them unique and how they can make the most of that uniqueness. I've always viewed normal as very relative. What I view as normal is probably different than what you view as normal, which is different than someone from California might view as normal, etc.

This is a real issue with the youth, but like drag queens, it supposedly has first amendment rights.  

Avoiding drag shows is easy. I wish avoiding drag shows was the hardest thing we will have to watch out for. So let's be honest and say what your real problem with them are.

As with the 2nd Amendment, there needs to be restrictions put in place. For example, currently adult websites, if they have any kind of child prevention protection, will only have a pop up that either asks if you are 18+ or asks to enter a DoB. The child that is actively looking for that is not going to answer those truthfully. But to not put restrictions in place on dangerous things is only asking for problems.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, arein0 said:

Now teachers are in the transing business!? As for your question I would hope that my child would know that they have our love regardless and would not have to hide who they are.

Privacy for transgender students.

Students must be able to decide when, with whom, and how much highly personal information is shared with others. Students have the right to control the disclosure of highly personal and private information such as gender iden- tity, transgender status, or sexual orientation. Administration and faculty should not disclose a student’s actual or perceived sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression to others, including other students, parents or guardians, or other school personnel, unless required to do so by law or unless the stu- dent has agreed, or unless the student makes requests that require such information to be disclosed, such as when a student requests to be called by a certain name or pronoun or to use a restroom or locker room that conforms with the student’s gender identity.

https://www.nea.org/sites/default/files/2020-07/2018_Legal Guidance_Transgender Student Rights.pdf

The teachers are prevented from telling the child’s parents of the gender identity you child has decided on unless allowed by the child.  As soon as the child says they are a different gender, they are now advised that they don’t have to disclose their gender to anybody they don’t want to including their parent or guardian.  So, if a child says they are a different gender than they were born, you have a grown adult telling them *let’s keep this between us and don’t tell your parents*.  If this happened from a grown adult in a white van, we should call the cops, but now you won’t even know it.

You might want to talk to your school about this policy.  Note: this link is from the Teacher’s Union

As you say, you can just walk away.  Home Schooling is the best option, but is not convenient for a lot of parents.  I just can’t see *just walking away* from this issue as there are other children being subjected to keeping things from their parents.

Like I said, the OT is more of a history of how we got to Jesus.

Do you follow the Ten Commandments? Or any other guides for life the OT promotes?

I don't agree with this statement. Kids need to know what makes them unique and how they can make the most of that uniqueness. I've always viewed normal as very relative. What I view as normal is probably different than what you view as normal, which is different than someone from California might view as normal, etc.

Please note I was talking about children when they are very young.  For instance; you wouldn’t tell your child that left is left one day and the next left is right.  Or one day say something that is blue is blue, but the next day that same color is red.  I can see they will, at some point, know they are different than other children and that is alright.  The formative years are named aptly as they need those years to know what is right, normal, consistent or any other work you would like to use.  The child must be able to communicate with others in the same language.  They should not be subjected to concepts that are beyond their comprehension.

21 hours ago, arein0 said:

So let's be honest and say what your real problem with them are.

Having perverted individuals putting on a sexual show to impressionable children when they are not ready to understand what is going on.  I can’t believe you have to ask.

21 hours ago, arein0 said:

As with the 2nd Amendment, there needs to be restrictions put in place. For example, currently adult websites, if they have any kind of child prevention protection, will only have a pop up that either asks if you are 18+ or asks to enter a DoB. The child that is actively looking for that is not going to answer those truthfully. But to not put restrictions in place on dangerous things is only asking for problems.

I agree with this as it seems you do not want children exposed to perversion at a young age.  So why defend drag shows?

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

I agree with this as it seems you do not want children exposed to perversion at a young age.  So why defend drag shows?

I don't defend drag shows. I'm pointing out that if your intentions really are to prevent sexual content being shown to children, your efforts, while are in the good faith, are being put in the wrong areas. If you truly want to prevent children exposed to sexual material at a young age, there are much bigger fish to catch than the rare, easily avoidable drag show. Watch any sports game that is on tonight, I will guarantee you that there are commercials that will have sexual content. So I keep asking the question, why is it that I only hear of outrage at drag shows and not anything else. The only conclusion I can reach is that drag shows' audience are mostly the LGBTQ community.

15 minutes ago, arein0 said:

why is it that I only hear of outrage at drag shows and not anything else. The only conclusion I can reach is that drag shows' audience are mostly the LGBTQ community.

Because they are in the news.  Because they defend performing before young children and the Dems back them at every turn as does the media.

• Like 1

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

Because they are in the news.  Because they defend performing before young children and the Dems back them at every turn as does the media.

So you trust the news over your eyes and brain? To my knowledge, there has been no drag shows in my area. The only time there might have been one was at the pride parade that happened recently. I can turn on any sports game with my child and have commercials that have sexual content thrown in our face and no one says a word about it? You are putting so much time and energy into trying to ban something that is so rare and obscure under the guise of children being exposed to sexual content when children are being exposed to sexual content daily through ads and TV, yet no one says a word about that. Tell me how this makes any sense. 

3 minutes ago, arein0 said:

So you trust the news over your eyes and brain? To my knowledge, there has been no drag shows in my area. The only time there might have been one was at the pride parade that happened recently. I can turn on any sports game with my child and have commercials that have sexual content thrown in our face and no one says a word about it? You are putting so much time and energy into trying to ban something that is so rare and obscure under the guise of children being exposed to sexual content when children are being exposed to sexual content daily through ads and TV, yet no one says a word about that. Tell me how this makes any sense. 

How do you get your information?  When the state of Florida bans lewd behavior involving kids and the LBGTQ parade is cancelled it is pretty obvious what is going on.  You didn’t even know that teachers are not allowed to contact parents if their child come out to them in the classroom.  I believe I am a little more aware of what is going on.

As to other forms of sexual content, baby steps, gotta get the low hanging fruit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

How do you get your information?  When the state of Florida bans lewd behavior involving kids and the LBGTQ parade is cancelled it is pretty obvious what is going on.  You didn’t even know that teachers are not allowed to contact parents if their child come out to them in the classroom.  I believe I am a little more aware of what is going on.

As to other forms of sexual content, baby steps, gotta get the low hanging fruit.

I don't get my information from a right wing propaganda machine. With the Florida laws and someone that claims they are about parental accountability, should it not be the parents responsibility to not take their child to such events? Are you going to start banning music festivals because of the way the audience dresses when kids are able to attend? Does this apply to football games where some teams cheerleaders are wearing risqué outfits?

I think you need a lesson on what low hanging fruit is. Low hanging fruit are easy changes with little effort or resistance. Not sure it fits into the little resistance category. You are going after a highly resistant change that will have little to no impact. That is quite the opposite of low hanging fruit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arein0 said:

I don't get my information from a right wing propaganda machine. With the Florida laws and someone that claims they are about parental accountability, should it not be the parents responsibility to not take their child to such events? Are you going to start banning music festivals because of the way the audience dresses when kids are able to attend? Does this apply to football games where some teams cheerleaders are wearing risqué outfits?

I think you need a lesson on what low hanging fruit is. Low hanging fruit are easy changes with little effort or resistance. Not sure it fits into the little resistance category. You are going after a highly resistant change that will have little to no impact. That is quite the opposite of low hanging fruit.

Of course it’s the parent’s responsibility, but as you mentioned with the 2nd Amendment, there are age limits aren’t there.  No difference and low handing fruit is easily reached with not as much effort.  I know there has been resistance, but I don’t understand why.  The drag queens didn’t perform before children before; why do they want to die on that hill now?

In the meantime Target has lost $9 Billion:

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Of course it’s the parent’s responsibility, but as you mentioned with the 2nd Amendment, there are age limits aren’t there.  No difference and low handing fruit is easily reached with not as much effort.  I know there has been resistance, but I don’t understand why.  The drag queens didn’t perform before children before; why do they want to die on that hill now?

In the meantime Target has lost $9 Billion:

You dont understand why there is resistance!? You are targeting a minority that is continually discriminated against. They have only recently been "accepted" in society and people like you are trying to push them back in the closet. 

Like I said in a previous post, you are fanning the flames for segregation 2.0. Bigots like you won't go to stores because they sell LGBTQ children clothing, drink a certain beer because they put out a sponsored post to a trans influencer. ❄️

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, arein0 said:

You are targeting a minority that is continually discriminated against. They have only recently been "accepted" in society and people like you are trying to push them back in the closet.

When has drag queens been a minority?  There is an organization known as Gays Against Groomers and they are in line with what I have been saying.  LGB of the coalition are being hijacked by the T of the group.  You don’t seem to be able to separate the letters.

1 hour ago, arein0 said:

Like I said in a previous post, you are fanning the flames for segregation 2.0. Bigots like you won't go to stores because they sell LGBTQ children clothing, drink a certain beer because they put out a sponsored post to a trans influencer.

I don’t go to Target because I don’t have young kids and there isn’t one around where I live and I don’t drink Bud Light, never have.  I am rooting for these companies to feel the heat for kowtowing to the coalition (bullies) of the radical T letter of the coalition.  There is even a grade for Corporate Equality Index score issued by the coalition and if it is not 100% they let their coalition followers know to not patronize that company. Tell me what the difference is?  The only one I can see is virtue signaling.

Haven’t you learned that calling me names has no affect on me as liberal’s name calling is more of a badge of honor.  Thanks.

On 5/20/2023 at 11:04 AM, icanthearyou said:

That seems like a measured, reasonable response.  What sort of violence are you planning?

Itch be like, I'm four dem groomers, don't you mess wit dem or I'll be showin you vilence. I be bringin my machete and kill you.

28 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

There is even a grade for Corporate Equality Index score issued by the coalition and if it is not 100% they let their coalition followers know to not patronize that company. Tell me what the difference is?  

Haven’t you learned that calling me names has no affect on me as liberal’s name calling is more of a badge of honor.  Thanks.

They are telling their people that they dont have to worry about being discriminated against at that business. Why do they have to have that report? Look at what is happening with Target and Bud Light. It's obvious that there is a big group of people that are not ready to accept them.

I wasn't calling you a name. I was stating a fact. People are finally recognizing you for who you are and that excites you. It's one of the reasons you are proud of it and wear it as a badge of honor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, arein0 said:

there has been no drag shows in my area.

They ain't in my area, so they ain't happening. And I get my news from CNN, so shut up. They is reptabel.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

When has drag queens been a minority?  There is an organization known as Gays Against Groomers and they are in line with what I have been saying.  LGB of the coalition are being hijacked by the T of the group.  You don’t seem to be able to separate the letters.

It provides legitimacy in the mind to lump together accepted peoples with unaccepted.

It's why articles are written of how the Army is completely against the LGBT community, when the reality is the LGB are fine. But if the reporting was done truthfully and they stated the issues that arise from the T's then you wouldn't get a bunch of brain dead morons all riled up for their turn at virtue signaling.

Some of the really bad articles (one poster here loves them) will even lump Trans community and black people. It would be hilarious if it wasn't for all the lemmings following the stupidity.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mims44 said:

It provides legitimacy in the mind to lump together accepted peoples with unaccepted.

It's why articles are written of how the Army is completely against the LGBT community, when the reality is the LGB are fine. But if the reporting was done truthfully and they stated the issues that arise from the T's then you wouldn't get a bunch of brain dead morons all riled up for their turn at virtue signaling.

Some of the really bad articles (one poster here loves them) will even lump Trans community and black people. It would be hilarious if it wasn't for all the lemmings following the stupidity.

Are you suggesting that transsexuals are - or should be -  "illegitimate" or unacceptable?

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

Latest on Target and teachers that trans the kids:

I’m sure it doesn’t happen anywhere near where Arein0 lives.

On 5/26/2023 at 12:24 PM, homersapien said:

Are you suggesting that transsexuals are - or should be -  "illegitimate" or unacceptable?

Not sure if you are being intentionally obtuse to sway the point of an argument? Maybe you were bored?

But yes, that was exactly my point. LGBs require no hormonal treatment in order to be who they are. The T's do require medications/injections for transitioning. But the articles made about the T's and the pushback from the military lumps them all into LGBT in order to make the reader think that there is no logical reasons for being against people transitioning except "phobias".

Not bored enough to rehash it, but I believe you were apart of the last conversation about it. People, regardless of WHY are not generally allowed in the military if they require medications for their mental, physical, or emotional health. As great as the US is in logistics, they can not guarantee these medications in a warzone, so people that require them are generally not accepted. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/25/2023 at 11:11 AM, I_M4_AU said:

Privacy for transgender students.

Students must be able to decide when, with whom, and how much highly personal information is shared with others. Students have the right to control the disclosure of highly personal and private information such as gender iden- tity, transgender status, or sexual orientation. Administration and faculty should not disclose a student’s actual or perceived sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression to others, including other students, parents or guardians, or other school personnel, unless required to do so by law or unless the stu- dent has agreed, or unless the student makes requests that require such information to be disclosed, such as when a student requests to be called by a certain name or pronoun or to use a restroom or locker room that conforms with the student’s gender identity.

https://www.nea.org/sites/default/files/2020-07/2018_Legal Guidance_Transgender Student Rights.pdf

The teachers are prevented from telling the child’s parents of the gender identity you child has decided on unless allowed by the child.  As soon as the child says they are a different gender, they are now advised that they don’t have to disclose their gender to anybody they don’t want to including their parent or guardian.  So, if a child says they are a different gender than they were born, you have a grown adult telling them *let’s keep this between us and don’t tell your parents*.  If this happened from a grown adult in a white van, we should call the cops, but now you won’t even know it.

You might want to talk to your school about this policy.  Note: this link is from the Teacher’s Union

As you say, you can just walk away.  Home Schooling is the best option, but is not convenient for a lot of parents.  I just can’t see *just walking away* from this issue as there are other children being subjected to keeping things from their parents.

Do you follow the Ten Commandments? Or any other guides for life the OT promotes?

Please note I was talking about children when they are very young.  For instance; you wouldn’t tell your child that left is left one day and the next left is right.  Or one day say something that is blue is blue, but the next day that same color is red.  I can see they will, at some point, know they are different than other children and that is alright.  The formative years are named aptly as they need those years to know what is right, normal, consistent or any other work you would like to use.  The child must be able to communicate with others in the same language.  They should not be subjected to concepts that are beyond their comprehension.

Having perverted individuals putting on a sexual show to impressionable children when they are not ready to understand what is going on.  I can’t believe you have to ask.

if a drag queen was an assault weapon you would not give a damn............

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

15 hours ago, Mims44 said:

Not sure if you are being intentionally obtuse to sway the point of an argument? Maybe you were bored?

You said:

"It provides legitimacy in the mind to lump together accepted peoples with unaccepted."

That obviously begs the question of who exactly are the "unaccepted" or illegitimate (presumably transsexuals), but - more importantly - why?

Maybe that's not what you mean, but if so, you need to revise your statement.  As it is, your words are your words.

Edited by homersapien

16 hours ago, Mims44 said:

LGBs require no hormonal treatment in order to be who they are. The T's do require medications/injections for transitioning.

That is BS. 

Transsexuals are transsexuals regardless if they avail themselves of treatments or therapies that make it easier for them to deal with it.

You sound as if a transsexual who takes hormones or has surgery actually becomes the gender they feel themselves to be, when in fact they are still transsexuals - just ones who have made physiological and/or anatomical modifications to better approximate their self-conceptualized gender.

I don't know if your problem is in your thinking or in your writing.

Edited by homersapien

16 hours ago, Mims44 said:

But the articles made about the T's and the pushback from the military lumps them all into LGBT in order to make the reader think that there is no logical reasons for being against people transitioning except "phobias".

Assuming transsexuals meet the physical and social requirements for service in the military - or functioning as a civilian member of society - there are no logical reasons for the military - or anyone else - for "being against" transsexuals.

This is regardless of whether or not they are "transitioning" (which presumably means living as the gender they self-identify as).

You sound as if you are desperately searching for rational or objective reasons to justify your opposition to transsexuals, when all you've really got is your "phobia" (prejudice) against them.

Edited by homersapien
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You sound as if a transsexual who takes hormones or has surgery actually become the gender they feel themselves to be, when in fact they are still transsexuals - just ones who have made physiological and/or anatomical modifications to better approximate their self-conceptualized gender.

This is transphobic language.  Go wash you mouth out with soap and beg forgiveness.

Transgender women are women. Any statement to the contrary erases the identity and dignity of transgender people and goes against all advice given by professional health care associations who have far more expertise on this subject matter than either Jo or I. According to The Trevor Project, 78% of transgender and nonbinary youth reported being the subject of discrimination due to their gender identity. It’s clear that we need to do more to support transgender and nonbinary people, not invalidate their identities, and not cause further harm.

https://www.thetrevorproject.org/blog/daniel-radcliffe-responds-to-j-k-rowlings-tweets-on-gender-identity/